Jump to topic:

FREEDO I'M CALLiNG YOU OUT!

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 1:59:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
FREEDO, please list for us the steps you have taken to violently overthrow the United States government, and please be specific. No rhetoric. What have you actually done? We're listening.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:09:05 PM
So far I've only converted a few people to Anarchism.

But I've done a insane amount of hard work to make sure I can get out and do the real work as soon as possible.

I got myself to graduate two years early.

After I get my permit and then my license I'm planning on seeking emancipation.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:10:18 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:09:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:

But I've done a insane amount of hard work to make sure I can get out and do the real work as soon as possible.

Do you have a job? If you have no money coming in, then this all fails.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:11:30 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:09:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Okay.

So, you've got your license, you've been emancipated, and now you've graduated. How exactly are you going to violently overthrow the United States government?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:11:38 PM
And now I'm going to the county fair to sow seeds of discontent in the hearts of the unsuspecting public.

Goodbye.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:13:37 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:11:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
And now I'm going to the county fair to look at pumpkins with my mom.

Goodbye.

Fixed that for you.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:15:46 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:11:30 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
So, you've got your license, you've been emancipated, and now you've graduated. How exactly are you going to violently overthrow the United States government?

Uh, that's not necessary as demonstrated by MLK and Gandhi.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:17:27 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:15:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Not the point.

FREEDO says he will violently overthrow the US government. I want to know how he specifically plans to do this.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 2:28:56 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:17:27 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Not the point.

FREEDO says he will violently overthrow the US government. I want to know how he specifically plans to do this.

he's gonna wear a guy fawkes mask and blow it up with fireworks.
signature
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 3:03:56 PM
At 6/20/2010 2:17:27 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Not the point.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

Freedo, you plan a violent revolution??
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 3:13:58 PM
I admire Freedo's enthusiasm, but in a nation - or rather a demi-continent like the USA - it's not a realistic prospect.

It happened in Russia, I know, but those were different times.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 6:00:55 PM
At 6/20/2010 3:13:58 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I admire Freedo's enthusiasm, but in a nation - or rather a demi-continent like the USA - it's not a realistic prospect.

It happened in Russia, I know, but those were different times.

Yea, he would get his a$s kicked very fast...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 7:49:44 PM
I don't wear a seat belt, I jaywalk and once I even downloaded a song illegally.

Also, propaganda of the deed may be something FREEDO should look into if that's the way he think he would be most useful to the movement.[1]

Personally, I think that violence is generally counterproductive and it only serves as an excuse for the state to grab even further control over our lives and build a resentment for anarchism and anarchists and trust for government in general.

However, breaking silly laws like seat belt laws and laughing at the government and the rulers in general helps bring about a general disrespect for government and its laws that is most helpful.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 7:57:51 PM
At 6/20/2010 7:49:44 PM, Reasoning wrote:
I don't wear a seat belt, I jaywalk and once I even downloaded a song illegally.

However, breaking silly laws like seat belt laws and laughing at the government and the rulers in general helps bring about a general disrespect for government and its laws that is most helpful.

I'm against seatbelt laws, but not wearing them is just plain dumb. I'd rather show my rebellion through blatant disregard for speed limits :D (not in city or residential areas, of course).
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:11:16 PM

MLK started nonviolent resistance in the fifties. Nothing happened for a decade. Then, in the sixties, the Black Panthers and Malcolm X showed up, and suddenly there was progress. Coincidence? I think not.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:13:56 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:11:16 PM, MTGandP wrote:

MLK started nonviolent resistance in the fifties. Nothing happened for a decade. Then, in the sixties, the Black Panthers and Malcolm X showed up, and suddenly there was progress. Coincidence? I think not.

I don't buy that. The Black Panthers resorted to threats and violence. Malcolm X was a nut job until he grew more open-minded as he grew older.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:17:44 PM
At 6/20/2010 7:57:51 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
I'm against seatbelt laws, but not wearing them is just plain dumb.

It's a lot more comfortable.

I'd rather show my rebellion through blatant disregard for speed limits :D (not in city or residential areas, of course).

As would I, but I wouldn't risk doing so without a "driver's license" or even a "learner's permit" which I am having trouble acquiring as every time I enter the DMV, I am filled with such a great righteous fury that I fear that I will do something I will soon regret and so I take my leave.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:18:47 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:13:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I don't buy that. The Black Panthers resorted to threats and violence. Malcolm X was a nut job until he grew more open-minded as he grew older.

Malcom X >>> MLK Jr.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:19:24 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:01:00 PM, mongeese wrote:
Reasoning, downloading a song illegally doesn't just break a law. It also robs the artists who put together that song.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :P
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:20:17 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:19:24 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Reasoning, downloading a song illegally doesn't just break a law. It also robs the artists who put together that song.

Laughter =/= argument. Please, present your opinions. And please, back them up with reasoning.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:21:39 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:11:16 PM, MTGandP wrote:

If by "progress" you mean "people in government writing words on paper that represent the idea of equality," sure.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:23:48 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:20:17 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 6/20/2010 8:19:24 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Laughter =/= argument. Please, present your opinions. And please, back them up with reasoning.

Oh, I didn't mean to offend you, I thought you were being sarcastic.

See video.

If you're causing no marginal harm, you ain't committing no legitimate crime.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:25:32 PM
At 6/20/2010 8:18:47 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 6/20/2010 8:13:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Malcom X >>> MLK Jr.

I don't know whether to laugh at your poor reasoning or cry at it.

Malcolm X = always < MLK, Jr.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:26:26 PM

MLK is overrated -- way too many people forget those who backed him up ;(
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2010 8:30:53 PM
See video.

If you're causing no marginal harm, you ain't committing no legitimate crime.

Fail video.

It forgets the obvious point that when you copy/illegally download a song, the difference between buying it and not is the money. You essentially rob the artist of an opportunity that would've given him money for his work, and instead got the same product without the charge.

If you somehow went up to me and magically copied my car, and drove away, you're probably clear to do that (in a moral sense). But If I distribute material I created for the purpose of selling it, and you figure out a way to obtain this material without purchasing it, then how the hell more clear does it need to be?