---> Could this be the end of DDO?!

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 4:38:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

My name's Mario, and I'm a long-time lurker of DDO who's setting out to make a more robust debate website. Over the years, I've seen DDO flood with trolls and commenters who can't be above the age of 13, which has a deleterious effect on discussion/debate quality. Accordingly, my goal is to make a new website that prioritizes meaningful discussion and interesting debates over the bric-a-brac that characterizes most of this website these days. If you'd like to see my website, by all means message me and I'll send you a link - however, I'm not writing to you to advertise my site, but to ask about your experience with DDO. Namely, I'd be greatly indebted if you could answer any of the following:

1. What do you like about DDO?
2. What don't you like about DDO?
3. What functionality do you want DDO would support that it currently doesn't?

If you'd like to answer these questions, OR if you'd like to be a beta tester for my new site, message me here or email me at clusory(at)gmail.com and I'll get back to you immediately. Thanks!

Mario
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 4:49:06 AM
I got that message also. I thought I was special and that's why I was being asked for my input :(
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:54:45 AM
At 1/26/2015 4:38:50 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Could this be the end of DDO?

Probably not.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:01:57 AM
At 1/26/2015 7:36:35 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Edeb8 is already basically a better version of DDO. But no one wants to leave the DDO culture.

You think? I just checked out that website and noticed it only has 164 completed debates. And the format of DDO is a lot better.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:10:34 AM
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

My name's Mario, and I'm a long-time lurker of DDO who's setting out to make a more robust debate website. Over the years, I've seen DDO flood with trolls and commenters who can't be above the age of 13, which has a deleterious effect on discussion/debate quality. Accordingly, my goal is to make a new website that prioritizes meaningful discussion and interesting debates over the bric-a-brac that characterizes most of this website these days. If you'd like to see my website, by all means message me and I'll send you a link - however, I'm not writing to you to advertise my site, but to ask about your experience with DDO. Namely, I'd be greatly indebted if you could answer any of the following:

;_;
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 10:23:52 AM
At 1/26/2015 6:58:42 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Larztheloser? Unlikely, but it fits...

Dude, I got the same PM too. And practically none of it fits. Heck, nowadays I rarely even lurk on DDO. I literally only checked in today because of that PM. The last time I even looked at the site was for the election.

Also -- I hope this site gets made; more competition for the WODC! :D
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 10:35:03 AM
At 1/26/2015 8:11:26 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Edeb8 is already basically a better version of DDO. But no one wants to leave the DDO culture.

Lol
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:37:32 PM

Then leave.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:43:48 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:10:34 AM, RevNge wrote:
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

;_;

You're 13?
Ew.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:47:13 PM
Start-up debate site trying to beat DDO. DDO dominates the online debate culture, which is sad since no competition means no incentive to improve. :(
Senpai has noticed you.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:48:29 PM
I checked out Clusory...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:53:06 PM
At 1/26/2015 12:43:48 PM, Defro wrote:
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

;_;

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:53:46 PM
At 1/26/2015 12:53:06 PM, RevNge wrote:
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

;_;

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

Holy crap dude we're like 5 yrs apart XD
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:02:36 PM
At 1/26/2015 4:49:06 AM, Wylted wrote:
I got that message also. I thought I was special and that's why I was being asked for my input :(

Same here.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:05:15 PM
At 1/26/2015 12:53:46 PM, Defro wrote:
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

;_;

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

What do you mean "like"? >.>

Are you trying to make a point here? :P
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:07:43 PM
At 1/26/2015 1:05:15 PM, RevNge wrote:
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

;_;

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

I was only expressing my astonishment at how old I've gotten. I feel like I was 13 yesterday, but now I'm 18. I'm graduating and going to college. Gonna live by myself for the first time. It feels so weird.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:09:11 PM
At 1/26/2015 1:07:43 PM, Defro wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:05:15 PM, RevNge wrote:
Hello Wallstreetatheist,

;_;

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

I was only expressing my astonishment at how old I've gotten. I feel like I was 13 yesterday, but now I'm 18. I'm graduating and going to college. Gonna live by myself for the first time. It feels so weird.

LOL U OLD BRUH >:D

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to take care of myself even at 18, lol.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:14:02 PM
He probably sent it to anyone with an open message box
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:17:13 PM
At 1/26/2015 1:09:11 PM, RevNge wrote:

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

I could have done it at 16. Living alone and taking care of yourself really isn't that hard. Often times when I've gone to boarding school, I would find it easier to live than with my parents. You just have to know how to cook basic stuff, wash your clothes, and pay bills and stuff.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:18:45 PM
At 1/26/2015 1:17:13 PM, Defro wrote:

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

I could have done it at 16. Living alone and taking care of yourself really isn't that hard. Often times when I've gone to boarding school, I would find it easier to live than with my parents. You just have to know how to cook basic stuff, wash your clothes, and pay bills and stuff.

I can't cook shiz, I only know how to dump clothes in the basket (quite an accomplishment for me :3), and I'm broke. T^T
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:23:45 PM
At 1/26/2015 1:18:45 PM, RevNge wrote:

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

I can't cook shiz, I only know how to dump clothes in the basket (quite an accomplishment for me :3), and I'm broke. T^T

Try cooking. It's actually fun. You don't have to be a gourmet chef or anything, but being able to provide food for yourself is useful. 13 is a good age to start learning.

To wash clothes, you just dump clothes in a washing machine, which is pretty much what you do with a basket anyway. I always handwash my socks and underwear though.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:31:17 PM
At 1/26/2015 1:23:45 PM, Defro wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:18:45 PM, RevNge wrote:

You're 13?
Ew.

Arse.

Try cooking. It's actually fun. You don't have to be a gourmet chef or anything, but being able to provide food for yourself is useful. 13 is a good age to start learning.

I'll just stock up on microwavable food.

Now I just need to know how to use a microwave...hmm...

I kid, I kid. I'm not that retarded. LOL
To wash clothes, you just dump clothes in a washing machine, which is pretty much what you do with a basket anyway. I always handwash my socks and underwear though.

I was slightly exaggerating. I did wash my own clothes at summer camp (borrowed one of my friends' detergent) once. Then again, someone took off with it and I had to chase him down for 15 minutes. >.>
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:36:54 PM
At least he didn't make a mass PM >.>
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:20:17 PM
At 1/26/2015 12:37:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Then leave.

Lol... I'm not sure how you interpreted what I said, but that is not an appropriate response. I don't want to leave; I like this place far better than Edeb8. I was just stating that Edeb8 is overall better for debating.
Nolite Timere
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:24:00 PM
At 1/26/2015 2:20:17 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/26/2015 12:37:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Then leave.

Lol... I'm not sure how you interpreted what I said, but that is not an appropriate response. I don't want to leave; I like this place far better than Edeb8. I was just stating that Edeb8 is overall better for debating.

Ok then...what defines an appropriate response? You said it's a better version of DDO, so perhaps it'd be preferable for you to leave for edeb8, going by what you said...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:36:47 PM
Wow... The format for debates at clusory sucks.

Each point has to be 280 characters or less? That is the rule I find most laughable.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO