Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Behold: The Troll

cultsmasher
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:14:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been called a troll (and worse) at many other forums. (Before I got banned) But do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual. It's too bad that co many people out there are only interested in homosexual discussion. But I refuse to stoop to that level.

There is a concept in this country called, "Freedom of Speech." I know that this forum isn't obliged to allow it. Even though those who run it probably believe in the concept of freedom of speech themselves. So to deny somebody the ability to exercise theirs is hypocritical. As well as showing a lack of decency, honor and dignity.

You may have heard of people who say, "I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend with my life your right to say it." I challenge the people who run this forum to live up to that morality. Even a little. Because I have things to say that they and probably you won't like. Because if what you have to say doesn't offend some people, then chances are that what you have to say has no real value.

It is my wish to debate people on any point that I make. Will this forum allow such debate? We shall see.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:25:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The freedom of speech doesn't carry with it the obligation to provide a platform.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:26:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 5:20:46 PM, Beginner wrote:
Again? Lol?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:28:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This OP sounds vaguely familiar.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
cultsmasher
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:32:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 5:25:34 PM, philochristos wrote:
The freedom of speech doesn't carry with it the obligation to provide a platform.
philochristos,
I don't imaging that this forum is oblifed to do anything but to try and make a buck. But if it provides a platform for debate, I will use it.
Forthelulz
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:36:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 5:14:01 PM, cultsmasher wrote:
I have been called a troll (and worse) at many other forums. (Before I got banned) But do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual. It's too bad that co many people out there are only interested in homosexual discussion. But I refuse to stoop to that level.

There is a concept in this country called, "Freedom of Speech." I know that this forum isn't obliged to allow it. Even though those who run it probably believe in the concept of freedom of speech themselves. So to deny somebody the ability to exercise theirs is hypocritical. As well as showing a lack of decency, honor and dignity.

You may have heard of people who say, "I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend with my life your right to say it." I challenge the people who run this forum to live up to that morality. Even a little. Because I have things to say that they and probably you won't like. Because if what you have to say doesn't offend some people, then chances are that what you have to say has no real value.

It is my wish to debate people on any point that I make. Will this forum allow such debate? We shall see.

You fail to realize that you are posting on DDO, which is, last I checked, private property. If I were to go to your place, right now, and throw paint cans at it, I'd be derided as crazy. The same principle applies here.
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org...
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org...
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org...
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:47:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 5:32:34 PM, cultsmasher wrote:
At 1/26/2015 5:25:34 PM, philochristos wrote:
The freedom of speech doesn't carry with it the obligation to provide a platform.
philochristos,
I don't imaging that this forum is oblifed to do anything but to try and make a buck. But if it provides a platform for debate, I will use it.

If you don't think the freedom of speech obligates anybody to provide you with a platform on this forum, then there's no reason to call anybody a hypocrite for believing i the freedom speech, but not providing you with a platform on this forum. It would only be hypocritical if there were some inconsistency between believing in the freedom of speech, but denying somebody a platform on which to exercise it.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:58:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Blah blah.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:09:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Blah, blah, blah.
B***h, b***h, b***h.
Banz, banz, banz.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:09:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 5:14:01 PM, cultsmasher wrote:
I have been called a troll (and worse) at many other forums. (Before I got banned) But do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual. It's too bad that co many people out there are only interested in homosexual discussion. But I refuse to stoop to that level.

There is a concept in this country called, "Freedom of Speech." I know that this forum isn't obliged to allow it. Even though those who run it probably believe in the concept of freedom of speech themselves. So to deny somebody the ability to exercise theirs is hypocritical. As well as showing a lack of decency, honor and dignity.

You may have heard of people who say, "I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend with my life your right to say it." I challenge the people who run this forum to live up to that morality. Even a little. Because I have things to say that they and probably you won't like. Because if what you have to say doesn't offend some people, then chances are that what you have to say has no real value.

It is my wish to debate people on any point that I make. Will this forum allow such debate? We shall see.

I'm going to bet you're secretly gay.
Tsar of DDO
Beginner
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:10:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 7:09:43 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm going to bet you're secretly gay.

I wouldn't be surprised.
Senpai has noticed you.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:12:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 7:10:47 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 1/26/2015 7:09:43 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm going to bet you're secretly gay.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be really surprised if he wasn't.
Tsar of DDO