Jump to topic:

A rallying cry of protest!

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:31:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Clearly, Airmax has proven his insanity with his recent policy on thread derailment. Most definitely insane. To protest such absurd actions, I encourage all of you to take up this cry of protest, and post it whenever possible, however possible, whoever possible, and whyever possible. What is this rallying cry? It is so simple, yet so effective, it could shake the foundations of this very site. Here... Is the great rallying cry against the injustices against the distressed populace of DDO:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"
#FeeltheFreezerBern
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:12:10 PM
At 1/26/2015 6:31:37 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Clearly, Airmax has proven his insanity with his recent policy on thread derailment. Most definitely insane. To protest such absurd actions, I encourage all of you to take up this cry of protest, and post it whenever possible, however possible, whoever possible, and whyever possible. What is this rallying cry? It is so simple, yet so effective, it could shake the foundations of this very site. Here... Is the great rallying cry against the injustices against the distressed populace of DDO:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

I agree that the new moderation policy was ill conceived and I've written prolifically about why that is the case. I think that it's unreasonable to describe airmax as "insane" because of it, for two reasons. First, there are about five potential people who could have written the policy. Second, because there is nothing about it that suggests insanity -just poor judgement.
Tsar of DDO
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:17:09 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:12:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

I agree that the new moderation policy was ill conceived and I've written prolifically about why that is the case. I think that it's unreasonable to describe airmax as "insane" because of it, for two reasons. First, there are about five potential people who could have written the policy. Second, because there is nothing about it that suggests insanity -just poor judgement.

*sarcasm, YYW*
#FeeltheFreezerBern
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:17:46 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:17:09 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

*sarcasm, YYW*

I know, but just because it's sarcasm doesn't mean that it's appropriate.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:19:23 PM

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

*sarcasm, YYW*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:19:35 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:17:46 PM, YYW wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

*sarcasm, YYW*

I know, but just because it's sarcasm doesn't mean that it's appropriate.

True, but just because it's appropriate doesn't mean that it's sarcasm.

Wait, what?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:21:56 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:19:35 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Wait, what?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:08:35 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:04:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Titties, am I right?

;D

I need Bench on board with this. Let me think...

Elsa's titties, am I right?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:11:25 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:08:35 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Titties, am I right?

;D

Wait, I got a link for that!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:32:57 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:11:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Titties, am I right?

;D

;D
#FeeltheFreezerBern
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:39:55 PM
Titties, am I right?

You beat me to it!
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:40:26 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:11:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Titties, am I right?

;D

A brief review of google search results on that subject suggest that rule 34 is in fact in effect here.
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:51:47 PM
I feel like "Wait what" is the more fitting cry for this site.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:58:39 PM

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"
To paraphrase Andrew Jackson to the Supreme Court, "he has made his decision, now let him enforce it!" I think it should be received for what it really is, just an empty taunt like the rhetoric about cleaning up the religion forum.

I am starting agree with another member, Airmax is probably a Juggle employee. Honestly speaking, there are very few sites that have these strict rules, worse of all a debate site that has these rules that probably won't be enforced. So in many respects it is totalitarian and regressive compared to most other sites.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 11:21:43 PM

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

I don't generally think it's reasonable to consider a discussion about anything as poor judgement. Enough members expressed an issue with thread derailment, policy language was written to provide a concrete example of what such a policy might look like, and a discussion was asked for. I think framing it in such a way as being poor judgement, especially given that the reaction does appear to be balanced between those in favor and against it in some form, is an unfair way to characterize what I have done.

The best parallel I can think of are the discussions you insisted on having when you wanted topics on pedophilia and beastiality to be outright banned. While I certainly disagree with outright banning certain topics, I certainly did not consider your desire to have the discussion itself to be poor judgement. I think we should be able to have reasonable discussions about pretty much everything - especially controversial topics (like the previously mentioned topics, or the banning of them).

If it's the language itself in the policy that you deem as poor judgement, that's another issue. But that's not something you have expressed (to my knowledge) as much as considering an issue that many members do feel is an issue, as entirely devoid of having any merit of us considering needing a solution to. But again, that's a valid viewpoint and I appreciate you sharing it.

Most of the feedback has been useful from both sides, and something productive is taking place. What this ultimately means is simply that a discussion about a site issue is occurring and that is all.

I do appreciate that you don't think I'm insane though haha
Debate.org Moderator
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 7:57:47 AM
At 1/26/2015 8:58:39 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"
To paraphrase Andrew Jackson to the Supreme Court, "he has made his decision, now let him enforce it!" I think it should be received for what it really is, just an empty taunt like the rhetoric about cleaning up the religion forum.

I am starting agree with another member, Airmax is probably a Juggle employee. Honestly speaking, there are very few sites that have these strict rules, worse of all a debate site that has these rules that probably won't be enforced. So in many respects it is totalitarian and regressive compared to most other sites.

Actually most discussion boards have serious content restrictions. If you post something off-topic, it is either removed entirely or your post is moved to the correct place for it. Reddit -- considered by some a bastion of free expression -- gives moderators significant power within their sub-reddits to craft their own rules and strictly enforce them.

The fact that you'd invoke the principle that the rule of law can be ignored, even if it stems directly from the Supreme Court, and that you agree with wrich about anything seriously calls your credibility into question.

If I was going to talk out of my butt, I think my butt could come up with a better argument against the new moderation policy than the one you have advanced.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:02:25 AM
At 1/26/2015 11:21:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I think we should be able to have reasonable discussions about pretty much everything - especially controversial topics (like the previously mentioned topics, or the banning of them).

Thank god you showed up! There is this silly guy who just started a thread about a policy that could significantly curtail reasonable discussions. Maybe you should go talk to him and lay down this knowledge about how we should be able to have reasonable discussions (after all, we're not trying to define off topic conversations as unreasonable by some sort of legislative fiat, are we?)

Good luck! I hope you can get through to him. After all, we should be able to have reasonable discussions about pretty much everything, right.

RIGHT?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:09:35 AM
At 1/27/2015 7:57:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

Actually most discussion boards have serious content restrictions. If you post something off-topic, it is either removed entirely or your post is moved to the correct place for it. Reddit -- considered by some a bastion of free expression -- gives moderators significant power within their sub-reddits to craft their own rules and strictly enforce them.

This is a tautology. Moderators, by design, have "significant power" to craft rules and enforce them. That's true of all boards that have them. The mere existence of this power is not the problem, it is how it is used and it would be fallacious to paint Reddit with a single brush with respect to moderation styles. They range from completely off hands to very strict.

For example, I'm a mod in a subreddit that prides itself in a strict moderation style. The design of the subreddit is for in depth discussions about a rather narrow topic. One-line jokes and other low-effort posts are summarily remove (as is your typical batch of spam, harassment, and other forms of incivility). Funnily enough, there is no restriction against staying on topic, indeed that would be contrary to the stated goal of encouraging discussion! Granted, a user might be encouraged to create a new thread to continue the discussion, but we'd never delete their posts because they were "off topic."

I see the benefits and drawbacks of both styles of moderation (loose vs. strict) so I'm not saying one is inherently better than the other. Regardless of these Pros and Cons, DDO is a loosely moderated site. Period. It has a rather bare-bones TOS and, really, only extreme and repeated violations are enforced. That is the moderation style of DDO. It is the style of moderation people have come to expect.

Policies like this are out of place in such a moderation style. So either: A) this is an indication that the overall moderation style of DDO is changing; or B) it's a policy without bite, much like the previous attempt.

The fact that you'd invoke the principle that the rule of law can be ignored, even if it stems directly from the Supreme Court, and that you agree with wrich about anything seriously calls your credibility into question.

If I was going to talk out of my butt, I think my butt could come up with a better argument against the new moderation policy than the one you have advanced.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 1:34:55 PM
At 1/27/2015 8:30:14 AM, Cermank wrote:
Titties, am I right?

is this the new kfc now?

i feel so out of touch with ddo trends

If it did become a trend, I would be thoroughly impressed with myself for starting it.

I mean, titties, am I right?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 1:35:54 PM
Please don't tell me this thread became a serious debating ground. Sigh. Some people just don't see the humor in life.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 1:59:44 PM
At 1/27/2015 1:34:55 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/27/2015 8:30:14 AM, Cermank wrote:
Titties, am I right?

is this the new kfc now?

i feel so out of touch with ddo trends

If it did become a trend, I would be thoroughly impressed with myself for starting it.

I mean, titties, am I right?

yes
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:15:42 PM

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

Key word is some sub-reddits which you forgot to mention. Everything else you said is conjecture and worthless to me.

And? Don't waste my time.

Of course the rule of law can be ignored and what are you going to do about it? Nothing.

Wrich's Credibility? So says a guy who identifies as a woman on the Internet. Yet you talk about credibility, how laughable. What credibility do you have to stand on? Actually, don't answer that I could care less about you because your behavior explains itself.

You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the expert on seriousness and the rule of law.
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
derailing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:32:07 PM
At 1/27/2015 6:15:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

Key word is some sub-reddits which you forgot to mention. Everything else you said is conjecture and worthless to me.

Of course the rule of law can be ignored and what are you going to do about it? Nothing.

Wrich's Credibility? So says a guy who identifies as a woman on the Internet. Yet you talk about credibility, how laughable. What credibility do you have to stand on? Actually, don't answer that I could care less about you because your behavior explains itself.

You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the expert on seriousness and the rule of law.: You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the expert on seriousness and the rule of law.
You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the expert on seriousness and the rule of law.
You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the exper
derailing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:32:21 PM
At 1/27/2015 6:32:07 PM, derailing wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the expert on seriousness and the rule of law.: You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you actually learn how to behave properly especially since you think you are the expert on seriousness and the rule of law.
You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on
derailing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:32:38 PM
wait

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you a
derailing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:32:49 PM
wait

At 1/26/2015 8:58:39 PM, DarthVitiosus wrot

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

You lack the capacity to convince me so you should stop because most of your response is based on your own whining. I don't like whiners and I pick up on it fast. Save your personal attacks on other members for those who actually care. I am responding now to be clear that your behavior might get responses from other members but you won't get one from me again since clearly you enjoy attacking other members who aren't even commenting on this thread. Let me know when you a
derailing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:33:11 PM
At 1/27/2015 6:32:07 PM, derailing wrote:

Here it is!:

Now!:

"Titties, am I right?"

ddo sucks

DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:36:16 PM
It is a shame that this site doesn't have coaches like EDEB8. Otherwise you could be Unintentional Coach again lol