Jump to topic:

Hurt Feelings ("fee fees") policy discussion

TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:48:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This thread is intended for a discussion on the potential addition of a moderation policy. I'd like to hear thoughts on the policy posted and depending on the feedback may or may not adopt it formally.

This policy is directed at "hurting fee fees".

A recurring issue is that of "hurting fee fees" where one or more members post in a thread intended for ego stroking and post something that hurts the fee fees of the OP. Currently, there really isn't any well-defined rule against this, and sensitive members pretty much have to just scroll past the hurtful posts, and hope to get the circle jerk back on track. This policy is aimed at better defining what exactly is "hurting fee fees", and to point out that it is a big "no no".

The policy is as follows:

== Moderation policy update: hurting fee fees ==

Hurting fee fees is prohibited. A user engages in "hurting fee fees" if (1) the user posts something that hurts the fee fees of the OP or to a posert to which the user is directly responding, and (2) the user acts with the purpose or with reckless disregard to the senstive, fragile fee fees of other users.

== Commentary ==

#1. The user must act with the purpose of hurting fee fees or with "reckless disregard" of other users' sensitive fee fees. "Reckless disregard" means that hurting fee fees is a probable outcome from that user's post. The words "substantial distraction" were also included to ensure that minor sniffle-inducing comments are not swept in under this policy.

#2. In most cases, the punishment for an instance of "hurting fee fees" will be a passive-agressive warning from the moderator. In cases of perpetual fee fee hurters who appear incapable of speaking only in rainbows and unicorn farts, repeated "hurt fee fees" may result in a ban (depending on your popularity).

#3. Merely hitting "Reply" and quoting someone else does not make a reply immune to hurting fee fees. The moderators will look to the substance of the post to determine whether it is "hurting the fee fees" of the OP or the poster to which it is replying. People cannot circumvent this policy by merely hitting "Reply" and then saying something that hurts fee fees.

#4. Judging as to hurt fee fees is at the discretion of the moderator. If the OP is clearly a mature individual capable of handling a mature conversation without moderators acting the part of a uninvited parent, responses may not be policed for "hurt fee fees."

== Examples of hurt fee fees ==

(1) Random flirtation between two members of DDO in a thread, when it is not related to the OP, can no longer be permitted. While it may be cute, such flirtation reminds others just how alone they truly are, making it hard for other users to construct posts with tears in their eyes. If we want good discussions, we can't hurt the fee fees of other users. After all, the best conversations are those with no possible chance to offend.

(2) Proselytizing or preaching one's personal message about God in the Religion Forum is no longer permitted if it is in reply to an OP about something more specific than "God" or "personal beliefs." Replying to a specific topic of discussion, such as "Free Will," by preaching about how one is a prophet sent here by God is an example of "hurt fee fees." At best, such users are ignored, but at worst, people respond to them and egos get bruised.

==Final Thoughts==

The purpose of this policy is to give clear guidelines on hurt fee fee. DDO is a fragile place, with sensitive users and the discussion should reflect that. Serious discussion should not be involve hurt fee fees, and the moderators will step in if necessary.

==Quotes==

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - if it is on topic - Voltairmax

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. But posting off topic? F*uck that noise. - Louis Brandeis
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:46:21 PM
I think this is ageist. Why are the younglings who speak a vernacular that includes truncated words like "fee fees" viewed as objects of satire to help make your point?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:54:07 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:46:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think this is ageist. Why are the younglings who speak a vernacular that includes truncated words like "fee fees" viewed as objects of satire to help make your point?

Your response is racist because only white children would refer to feelings as "fee fees" and you spoke as if this applies to all children.
Tsar of DDO
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:58:35 PM

I didn't realize that we now catered to 3-year olds.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:59:25 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:58:35 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I suppose you think not saying the N word is "catering" to African Americans, too.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:02:51 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:59:25 PM, thett3 wrote:

I suppose you think not saying the N word is "catering" to African Americans, too.

That's like comparing apples to a f*cking blue whale.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:04:39 PM
I think we should take this policy a step further.

I say we set a fee fees fee for fee fee hurters. Or would setting a fee fees fee for fee fee hurting just feed the fee fee hurters and hurt more fee fees via the fees?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:05:29 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:02:51 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

If you think respect shouldn't be afforded to all, I guess
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:07:02 PM
At 1/26/2015 8:05:29 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 8:02:51 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

If you think respect shouldn't be afforded to all, I guess

Of course not. We need to beat the $hit out of children so that they beat the $hit out of children when they get older. Adrian Peterson knows the right way to handle children.
#FeeltheFreezerBern