Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

How to Lie Better

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:49:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
These fabricated RFD's are really terrible. C'mon people, it's not that hard to cheat in a way that ensures your vote can't be mod removed. You're all better than that.

Here's how to do it. Copy and paste the following and fill in the blanks.

(1) Better arguments

(Pro or Con)'s ____________ (insert a specific argument made here) was the most convincing one because it best upheld the resolution and was insufficiently refuted by (other side),

(2) Better sources

(Pro or Con) had better sources overall. I particularly liked (Pro or Con)'s source #2 from Round 2: it really solidified the issue and shows excellent research skills by (Pro or Con). I checked (other side's) source #3 from Round 2 and it didn't entirely support what he was saying, so (Pro or Con) wins sources. [don't worry, there are almost always 3 sources per side in Round 2, so just copy paste this].

(3) Better S&G

(other side)'s case was riddled with spelling mistakes. For example, ______ (insert one example, even if there is only one).

(4) Better conduct

I thought it was disrespectful of (other side) to argue with voters in the comments section [don't worry, this will always apply]. Therefore, I awarded conduct points to (Pro or Con).

------------------------------------------------------------

So from now on, if you're going to cheat, please copy/paste this model. If you're going to vote strategically, at least do it well. And ensure your vote actually counts.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:55:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I enjoy this tremendously. The ultimate issue is that there are some people who are always going to give sh!t RFD's, and we can see through the fact that they are sh!t because we know what sh!t looks like and what it does not.

At the end of the day, this speaks to why I will never open-vote a debate again... which is sad, but that's just how it has to be.
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:07:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Aww, I thought this might be about lying. I am fascinated by lying, especially lies we tell ourselves and relationship-related lies. Here's a nice ted talk about spotting liars. Youtube has a number of good videos on lying, but many of them are quite long (heads-up).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:11:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 8:07:43 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Aww, I thought this might be about lying. I am fascinated by lying, especially lies we tell ourselves and relationship-related lies. Here's a nice ted talk about spotting liars. Youtube has a number of good videos on lying, but many of them are quite long (heads-up).



I think you're lying about being fascinated by lying. But maybe not. Tell your story in reverse... Start with the last thing first.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:23:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 8:11:08 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 2/4/2015 8:07:43 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Aww, I thought this might be about lying. I am fascinated by lying, especially lies we tell ourselves and relationship-related lies. Here's a nice ted talk about spotting liars. Youtube has a number of good videos on lying, but many of them are quite long (heads-up).



I think you're lying about being fascinated by lying. But maybe not. Tell your story in reverse... Start with the last thing first.

(Heads-up) long quite are them of many but, lying on videos good of number a has Youtube. Liars spotting about talk ted nice a here's. Lies related-relationship and ourselves tell we lies especially, lying by fascinated am I. Lying about be might this thought I, umm....ah fvck! You got me =(
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:32:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 8:23:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/4/2015 8:11:08 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 2/4/2015 8:07:43 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Aww, I thought this might be about lying. I am fascinated by lying, especially lies we tell ourselves and relationship-related lies. Here's a nice ted talk about spotting liars. Youtube has a number of good videos on lying, but many of them are quite long (heads-up).



I think you're lying about being fascinated by lying. But maybe not. Tell your story in reverse... Start with the last thing first.

(Heads-up) long quite are them of many but, lying on videos good of number a has Youtube. Liars spotting about talk ted nice a here's. Lies related-relationship and ourselves tell we lies especially, lying by fascinated am I. Lying about be might this thought I, umm....ah fvck! You got me =(

lol. But yeah the science of lying is fun. It's funny how liars try to heard to appear not to be lying, which is what gives them away to trained interrogators (i.e. too much eye contact, over explaining).

Also, on that new show with Rainn Wilson where he's a cop, they say if you ever answer a question with "absolutely not" you're lying. Thought that was funny.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)