Jump to topic:

Edit to civilize*

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 8:15:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Guys, some of the things said on this site are just not appropriate. Can we please be more civil? For example, people keep saying that arguments or statistics are pulled out of someone's @ss. There is such a nicer, better, and more appropriate way to say that. And Bill Maher offers the solution: "rectum-derived statistics."

So please, please! Start using this phrase.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 8:19:58 AM
At 2/6/2015 8:15:45 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Bill Maher offers the solution: "rectum-derived statistics."

Sigged.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 8:21:01 AM
Guys, some of the things said on this site are just not appropriate. Can we please be more civil? For example, people keep saying that arguments or statistics are pulled out of someone's @ss. There is such a nicer, better, and more appropriate way to say that. And Bill Maher offers the solution: "rectum-derived statistics."

Really, though. I agree with you that people need to be more civil on the website.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:27:42 AM

Yes, it would be nice if we were more kind. I try my best.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:58:03 AM

Why is 90% of the stuff you post meant to insult the DDO community or insinuating it lacks something aka appropriate language, good voting, not enough mafia etc.?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:03:11 AM
At 2/6/2015 9:58:44 AM, Wylted wrote:
10/10 of the time I just want to ball tap bluesteel

Fix'd
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:03:46 AM
At 2/6/2015 10:03:11 AM, RevNge wrote:

Fix'd

You pulled that number out of your asss
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:04:08 AM
At 2/6/2015 9:58:03 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why is 90% of the stuff you post meant to insult the DDO community or insinuating it lacks something aka appropriate language, good voting, not enough mafia etc.?

lol Wylted. I'm sorry you missed the joke(s). Tongue-in-cheek is hard to recognize if your brain is determined to find reasons to dislike someone.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:04:30 AM
At 2/6/2015 10:03:46 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:03:11 AM, RevNge wrote:

Fix'd

You pulled that number out of your asss

I prefer the term "rectum-derived statistics".
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:08:34 AM
At 2/6/2015 10:04:08 AM, bluesteel wrote:

lol Wylted. I'm sorry you missed the joke(s). Tongue-in-cheek is hard to recognize if your brain is determined to find reasons to dislike someone.

I'm sorry you missed it also, maybe if I'd added a smiley face to it, but I think since 72% of the stuff I write is Bullshitt the smiley face would be unneccesary in all but like 7% of cases.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:12:42 AM
At 2/6/2015 10:08:34 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:04:08 AM, bluesteel wrote:

I'm sorry you missed it also, maybe if I'd added a smiley face to it, but I think since 72% of the stuff I write is Bullshitt the smiley face would be unneccesary in all but like 7% of cases.

Yup. Sure that's what you were doing. 24%.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:16:08 AM
I thought the "not enough" mafia quote wasn't overly subtle enough to indicate an attempt at humor. I did mean for it to have a grain of truth in it though, because I think humor is better when it stings a little.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:43:18 AM
This entire thread is the reason why people should include "/sarcasm" when saying something sarcastic
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015