Jump to topic:

Debate.org I am angry

Aleksandr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:33:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Finds nice debate, signs up. Click accept, 'You cannot accept this challenge because you do not match the Instigator's age, rank or number of debates completed criteria.'

Wtf is a debate about? Is it so various amount of people, different age can debate about something they stand for? Or is it bias crap I have to put up with every time I find a good topic?

What The Heckf That has nothing that's got to do for how I good or bad I debate. It's not like your going to have digits of trolls randomly clicking accept!If your going to enforce rules, don't do it like a sissy. Limit the amount of debates or something, something we can actually do!

Don't just-ughh. Sorry man, your too new so you'll have to debate newcomers. All the noobs debate about the stupidest things, I don't even need evidence. It's self explanatory!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:35:59 PM
At 2/7/2015 6:33:56 PM, Aleksandr wrote:
Finds nice debate, signs up. Click accept, 'You cannot accept this challenge because you do not match the Instigator's age, rank or number of debates completed criteria.'

Wtf is a debate about? Is it so various amount of people, different age can debate about something they stand for? Or is it bias crap I have to put up with every time I find a good topic?

What The Heckf That has nothing that's got to do for how I good or bad I debate. It's not like your going to have digits of trolls randomly clicking accept!If your going to enforce rules, don't do it like a sissy. Limit the amount of debates or something, something we can actually do!

Don't just-ughh. Sorry man, your too new so you'll have to debate newcomers. All the noobs debate about the stupidest things, I don't even need evidence. It's self explanatory!

It ensures a noob doesn't end up against a high level noopsniper. Or that a person looking for a challenge doesn't get a newb with no skill... Also, allows for unacceptable debates where you have to comment to get accepted.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:37:40 PM
Usually, the reason that is is so people cannot accept the debate without the instigator's approval. They set it so that you have to have exactly 380 debates and be 90 years old to accept so no trolls/people who are not going to seriously debate the topic accept the debate. If you ask the instigator and prove your merits in the comments, he might let you debate it with him.

You just need to clarify with the instigator. It isn't actually age or criteria-based discrimination, he just needs to prevent trolls from accepting.

I'd suggest instigating a debate and then specifically selecting an adequate opponent via the way I suggested. Just make it so that only people at some old age with a really high amount of debates can accept in the settings; and change it once someone asks to debate you in the comments that is qualified.

Hope I helped.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Aleksandr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:38:27 PM
At 2/7/2015 6:35:59 PM, donald.keller wrote:

It ensures a noob doesn't end up against a high level noopsniper. Or that a person looking for a challenge doesn't get a newb with no skill... Also, allows for unacceptable debates where you have to comment to get accepted.

Yah, I know. But that's not a good enough reason when someone wants to debate a nice topic. Even if someone noob snipes, they'll come up against their rank and argue on the same level. They could check profile for ranking, this and that.
Aleksandr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:39:59 PM
At 2/7/2015 6:37:40 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Usually, the reason that is is so people cannot accept the debate without the instigator's approval. They set it so that you have to have exactly 380 debates and be 90 years old to accept so no trolls/people who are not going to seriously debate the topic accept the debate. If you ask the instigator and prove your merits in the comments, he might let you debate it with him.

You just need to clarify with the instigator. It isn't actually age or criteria-based discrimination, he just needs to prevent trolls from accepting.

I'd suggest instigating a debate and then specifically selecting an adequate opponent via the way I suggested. Just make it so that only people at some old age with a really high amount of debates can accept in the settings; and change it once someone asks to debate you in the comments that is qualified.

Hope I helped.

That helped, I appreciate it
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:40:27 PM
At 2/7/2015 6:37:40 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Usually, the reason that is is so people cannot accept the debate without the instigator's approval.
CAUSE SCREW GRAMMAR
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:41:50 PM
At 2/7/2015 6:38:27 PM, Aleksandr wrote:

Yah, I know. But that's not a good enough reason when someone wants to debate a nice topic. Even if someone noob snipes, they'll come up against their rank and argue on the same level. They could check profile for ranking, this and that.

Message the instigator, or instigate your own debate. Besides, an new member doesn't want to worry that Bluesteel or Roylatham might accept their debate.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Complicated_Mind
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 6:43:11 PM
Simply message the instigator and express that you want to debate and will fully commit to it.

Generally speaking, I'm sure most people would consider you afterward.

They just do something like that in the first place cuz more often than not, some noob accepts a potentially great topic and forfeits.

Regardless, life isn't always fair, but there is a simple solution to this particular 'problem.'
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 7:25:06 PM
At 2/7/2015 6:38:27 PM, Aleksandr wrote:

Just issue a challenge with the same resolution that is open to accept.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 12:13:47 AM

One question, dear:

Who the hell are you? :)
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:10:24 PM
At 2/8/2015 9:08:39 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/8/2015 9:06:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
And he'll never return again. LOL

Will you?

Wat
EndarkenedRationalist