Jump to topic:

23,000th

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:34:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
As I write this post, a new record is set. This is the highest number of post that any user has accumulated under a single account. With that being said, there are certain things I want to acknowledge:

PEOPLE:

1. Bsh1 is everything to me. The very reason I get out of bed in the morning is in the hope that I have a future with him.

2. 1harderthanyouthink is like my little brother, and other than marrying bsh1 and sharing my life with him, I want nothing more than to see 1harder learn and grow, and become the man I know he will be one day.

EVENTS:

Recent voting controversies have given rise to many ongoing disputes among members. This is both a good and a bad thing; good because it has furthered site policy discussions with respect to voting, bad because it has caused substantial animosity. I trust that together, we can see it through.

What is important to recognize in all of this is that we are all here for a common purpose; to learn, exchange ideas and grow both personally and intellectually. That is our objective. Our objective is not to quibble over inconsequential drama, or balk at one another's intransigence.

Keeping attuned to that, I think, will serve us well.

THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE:

Allow me to take this moment to acknowledge everyone who may read this post. I know many of you, I am friends with most of you and on balance the majority of you are very good people.

I come here for the same reason that all of us do; to learn and to share, among friends and the community in which they exist, which is predicated upon a decidedly intellectual purpose. That is, I think, unique on the internet. In your own way, you have made DDO what it is. Make no mistake, DDO is an excellent -I would even venture to say the best- online forum community on the internet.

I thank you all.

There are so many of you whom I have had the great privilege to get to know, and whom I can say with confidence have positively contributed to my life. Through college, change, and grad school, DDO was a constant. I am grateful for that, for the members who chose to spend their time here, and for the people on this site I consider my friends.

Peace and Love,

YYW
Tsar of DDO
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:32:20 AM
At 2/14/2015 1:34:20 AM, YYW wrote:
As I write this post, a new record is set. This is the highest number of post that any user has accumulated under a single account. With that being said, there are certain things I want to acknowledge:

PEOPLE:

1. Bsh1 is everything to me. The very reason I get out of bed in the morning is in the hope that I have a future with him.

2. 1harderthanyouthink is like my little brother, and other than marrying bsh1 and sharing my life with him, I want nothing more than to see 1harder learn and grow, and become the man I know he will be one day.

EVENTS:

Recent voting controversies have given rise to many ongoing disputes among members. This is both a good and a bad thing; good because it has furthered site policy discussions with respect to voting, bad because it has caused substantial animosity. I trust that together, we can see it through.

What is important to recognize in all of this is that we are all here for a common purpose; to learn, exchange ideas and grow both personally and intellectually. That is our objective. Our objective is not to quibble over inconsequential drama, or balk at one another's intransigence.

Keeping attuned to that, I think, will serve us well.

THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE:

Allow me to take this moment to acknowledge everyone who may read this post. I know many of you, I am friends with most of you and on balance the majority of you are very good people.

I come here for the same reason that all of us do; to learn and to share, among friends and the community in which they exist, which is predicated upon a decidedly intellectual purpose. That is, I think, unique on the internet. In your own way, you have made DDO what it is. Make no mistake, DDO is an excellent -I would even venture to say the best- online forum community on the internet.

I thank you all.

There are so many of you whom I have had the great privilege to get to know, and whom I can say with confidence have positively contributed to my life. Through college, change, and grad school, DDO was a constant. I am grateful for that, for the members who chose to spend their time here, and for the people on this site I consider my friends.

Peace and Love,

YYW

*clap* *clap*
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:58:25 AM
What...the bleep...23,000?!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 11:04:03 AM
At 2/14/2015 2:35:07 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Congrats on 23k.

For 24k, you should rank all of your posts in descending order of favorites.

i concur
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:31:26 PM
At 2/14/2015 2:35:07 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Congrats on 23k.

For 24k, you should rank all of your posts in descending order of favorites.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:31:57 PM
Congrats, Tiger. I love you so much :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:52:10 PM

Thanks.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:58:30 PM
At 2/14/2015 10:52:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Thanks.

Right on :)
Tsar of DDO