Jump to topic:

I'm leaving DDO

johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 4:30:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My vote was removed as if it wasn't legit on the debate with Wylted and Envisage,

It is ok for a 50 year old man to sleep with a 9 year old girl.

I voted in favour of Con, who argued against the resolution, Pro argued that his own subjective world view, Nihilism, justifies his action, as if that outweighs the world view of the collective, Con argues that there are Laws to prevent children being raped, Pro argues that he never consented to enter these laws, as if that magically waves them away. They don't, Pro would need to re-write the justice system to win this point. He didn't even offer conclusive evidence to why the laws shouldn't apply to his worldview and Con argued this,

There is no argument, there is nothing can can justify having sex with a 9 year old girl, Which, in every case is rape.

I will not be apart of an organisation that removed my vote in favour of Con and is subtlety endorsing pedophilia.

My membership is now terminated. This site, contrary to the seemingly impeccable niceness of its chief administrator Airmax.

Sucks.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 4:39:57 AM
Besides the fact your RFD completely missed the point of the arguments, I didn't see it as non-legit enough to get removed, since you did justify all your points (although it smelled suspiciously like a case of strategic voting with the S&G and Source points). In any case, it wasn't me who reported it, but meh.

It will be a shame to see you go, it has been fun knowing you.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:06:22 AM
Noooo don't give up! It's obviously bluesteel who is the new voting moderator and making weirdo decisions. You've got to stop him, John Lubba, before he destroys us all. Don't just walk away. Stay and fight!

No, but really. When he was appointed, I was like "wtf?" but I was sober so I didn't say anything. Not now though.

Just deleted a whole paragraph for the sake of my future self.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:23:17 AM
No no that was mean. I just said ew because of the dirty bitch sex scene and because ew.

And he was sexist once, I can't remember when, and fvck him. But he might not be as bad as I think because I don't know him at all.

Either way, fight the decision and don't be a wimp.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:46:16 AM
See, instead of quitting, you should have complained to Airmax and then made a big scene here in the forums. People would have backed you up on the principle that votes should stand as long as they're justified. Bluesteel shouldn't remove them just because he disagrees. If that's what you believe, then that's what you should be here arguing for.

but you've quit already, but you obviously still care or you wouldn't have started this thread.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 9:40:27 AM
At 2/16/2015 4:30:53 AM, johnlubba wrote:
My vote was removed as if it wasn't legit on the debate with Wylted and Envisage,

I voted in favour of Con, who argued against the resolution, Pro argued that his own subjective world view, Nihilism, justifies his action, as if that outweighs the world view of the collective, Con argues that there are Laws to prevent children being raped, Pro argues that he never consented to enter these laws, as if that magically waves them away. They don't, Pro would need to re-write the justice system to win this point. He didn't even offer conclusive evidence to why the laws shouldn't apply to his worldview and Con argued this,

There is no argument, there is nothing can can justify having sex with a 9 year old girl, Which, in every case is rape.

I will not be apart of an organisation that removed my vote in favour of Con and is subtlety endorsing pedophilia.

My membership is now terminated. This site, contrary to the seemingly impeccable niceness of its chief administrator Airmax.

Sucks.

Your RFD was removed because it did not explicitly state why it awarded sources or S&G points. It appeared quite obvious that you awarded those points strategically because you had a problem with the position that Pro took in the debate.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 11:30:55 AM
I'm becoming interested in the voting discussion. I have seen some unusual votes stand, some removed.

If the attempt is to hone the voting, that can't be bad. If the standard is vague, then it is bad.

There may be some room to tweak in the point system. Members can all vote, all votes stand, points are removed.

Interested to watch the discussion.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 12:14:30 PM
The trick is not to vote on any mouthy person from the forum's debates. A lot of them have no lives so they stare and read every single word of the RFDs because they have nothing better to do. I guarantee you won't see a vote removed on the average member's(or even mine) debates unless it was a straight vote bomb.

I only ever requested one vote to be removed and it just had one letter "k."
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 12:25:29 PM
At 2/16/2015 9:40:27 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Sucks.

Your RFD was removed because it did not explicitly state why it awarded sources or S&G points. It appeared quite obvious that you awarded those points strategically because you had a problem with the position that Pro took in the debate.

I'm glad votes like these are now going to be more aggressively removed, his vote was very obviously biased.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 12:57:24 PM
Bye. If you can't vote without bias, you do not deserve that right.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 1:39:29 PM

Sucks.

Complain about it in a public forum and then deactivate your account - makes perfect sense (sarcasm).
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 1:51:06 PM

Sucks.

Votes of poor quality should be removed.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:03:11 PM

Sucks.

This is great and all that you had an RFD.. Now what were your points? You can't just give your RFD here without showing the points, because for all we know, you had points your RFD didn't explain.

Luckily Bluesteel explained for us that you had 3 points worth of vote you didn't explain. That being said, your RFD does suck... It stinks of opinion.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 6:38:47 PM
How bad does your vote have to suck where it gets deleted on a debate where you voted for the side that was AGAINST a 50 year old man sleeping with a 9 year old girl....?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 6:46:04 PM
At 2/16/2015 6:38:47 PM, imabench wrote:
How bad does your vote have to suck where it gets deleted on a debate where you voted for the side that was AGAINST a 50 year old man sleeping with a 9 year old girl....?

Because that girl is only 4 years away from the age of consent in Japan. And what difference does 4 years make, right?

Yeah, even I'm struggling with this one.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Enji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 11:21:20 PM
I think the moderators may have been a bit overzealous in the removal of CON votes in that debate. Some of the removed votes gave indication that the voter was familiar enough with the contents of the debate to consider the arguments presented for both sides, which is typically the standard which votes are held to. Maybe, due to the content of this debate, the moderators decided that this instance required closer scrutiny against rationalised voting - however I've seen worse votes stand.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:41:33 PM
At 2/16/2015 6:46:04 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 2/16/2015 6:38:47 PM, imabench wrote:

Because that girl is only 4 years away from the age of consent in Japan. And what difference does 4 years make, right?

Yeah, even I'm struggling with this one.

Lololol
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 7:26:34 PM
Vote bombing is better than a vote dictator.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:02:59 AM
At 2/17/2015 7:26:34 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is like choosing anarchy over dictatorship. Thing is, this "vote dictatorship" ain't bad. Though dictatorship in general ain't bad either if the dictator wasn't abusive and he's good at leading. Debaters who gave their best deserve to get a well made RFD from voters. Allowing vote bombs and shtty rfds is like spitting at an artist's work.
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:14:42 PM
At 2/18/2015 5:02:59 AM, XLAV wrote:

This is like choosing anarchy over dictatorship. Thing is, this "vote dictatorship" ain't bad. Though dictatorship in general ain't bad either if the dictator wasn't abusive and he's good at leading. Debaters who gave their best deserve to get a well made RFD from voters. Allowing vote bombs and shtty rfds is like spitting at an artist's work.

So much this. I don't understand why people think totalitarianism is inherently bad. With a good leader, autocracy can turn out great results. I think airmax , bladerunner and and bluesteel qualify as "good leaders".
anything your heart desires
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:16:57 PM
At 2/18/2015 12:14:42 PM, Genghis_Khan wrote:

So much this. I don't understand why people think totalitarianism is inherently bad. With a good leader, autocracy can turn out great results. I think airmax , bladerunner and and bluesteel qualify as "good leaders".

That's because the former two are the same people...
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:19:05 PM
At 2/18/2015 12:16:57 PM, RevNge wrote:

That's because the former two are the same people...

nonsense.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 4:15:51 PM

Absolute power absolutely corrupts. It is already showing it's face. It's the vote moderators "opinion" the vote doesn't count. And his opinion is "absolute"
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 4:17:23 PM
At 2/18/2015 4:15:51 PM, sadolite wrote:

Absolute power absolutely corrupts. It is already showing it's face. It's the vote moderators "opinion" the vote doesn't count. And his opinion is "absolute"

He can and has objectively justified his "opinions"