Jump to topic:

Am I Allowed to Do Past Debates?

PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 2:55:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want to do a debate of the female model showdown, which Mikal and dtaylor971 did a while back. I wanted to know if I need their permission to do the debate again (maybe with somebody else), not allowed to do it, and/or give credit to the debaters in the new debate.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:02:45 PM
At 2/19/2015 2:55:40 PM, PapaNolan wrote:
I want to do a debate of the female model showdown, which Mikal and dtaylor971 did a while back. I wanted to know if I need their permission to do the debate again (maybe with somebody else), not allowed to do it, and/or give credit to the debaters in the new debate.

No. But you're allowed to do your mom.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:03:35 PM

I think it would be fine.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:11:57 PM
At 2/19/2015 3:02:45 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

No. But you're allowed to do your mom.

I am not into incest, but some people may like my mom.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:17:33 PM

Unless you use the exact same material as them, you're fine. Credit is usually given only if you're re-using their arguments/submissions (in which case you'd def need to source them). If anything, just say that you liked their debate and want to do one of a similar nature.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:18:33 PM

Yes, you may do it :-)

Just don't do all blondes. That's my thing.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:20:16 PM
At 2/19/2015 3:17:33 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Unless you use the exact same material as them, you're fine. Credit is usually given only if you're re-using their arguments/submissions (in which case you'd def need to source them). If anything, just say that you liked their debate and want to do one of a similar nature.

Thanks for the update!
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 3:20:30 PM
At 2/19/2015 3:18:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Yes, you may do it :-)

Just don't do all blondes. That's my thing.

I will be sure not too!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 4:38:58 PM
I remember someone redid one of my debates, which is fine, but then he literally copied and pasted my arguments. Then he had the nerve to lose! Insult, meet injury.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 4:46:45 PM
At 2/19/2015 4:38:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I remember someone redid one of my debates, which is fine, but then he literally copied and pasted my arguments. Then he had the nerve to lose! Insult, meet injury.

It's okay, your arguments are bad anyway ;)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 4:49:29 PM

What does that tell you about your argument though ;)?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 4:52:08 PM
At 2/19/2015 4:46:45 PM, Zaradi wrote:

It's okay, your arguments are bad anyway ;)

My arguments are bad and I should feel bad.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...