Jump to topic:

A Challenge To Mr. YYW

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 9:57:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Debate me on something philosophical. Show me that you are so much smarter than me in philosophy. We can have judges, which would be: Ragnar, phantom, whiteflame, Raisor, Socialpinko, Subutai, Sargon, bluesteel, thett, Zaradi, airmax.

I mean a lot of these people do not like me but I'm up for it. You called my arguments childlike in my epistemology debate. I challenge you to that.

Debate Kantian epistemology with me brah. Debate anything philosophical, show us how smart you truly are.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:03:02 AM
At 2/22/2015 9:57:00 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Debate me on something philosophical. Show me that you are so much smarter than me in philosophy. We can have judges, which would be: Ragnar, phantom, whiteflame, Raisor, Socialpinko, Subutai, Sargon, bluesteel, thett, Zaradi, airmax.

I mean a lot of these people do not like me but I'm up for it. You called my arguments childlike in my epistemology debate. I challenge you to that.

Debate Kantian epistemology with me brah. Debate anything philosophical, show us how smart you truly are.

So, I said in your thread that philosophy doesn't really work the way that you think it does. It's not like basketball... but whatever.

If you'd like to debate me, we can use this thread to come up with a resolution. Be quick about it, though... other than the weekends... I don't have significant amounts of time to devote to DDO.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:03:34 AM
You shouldn't of stooped as low as him to make a call-out thread.

I have always been curious why people start these types of threads. The only purpose that is served is to make people angrier and incite a flame war rather than serious discussion. If people chose to come here to deliberately make themselves or others angry, maybe they should re-evaluate why they are here.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:08:16 AM
At 2/22/2015 10:03:34 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I have always been curious why people start these types of threads. The only purpose that is served is to make people angrier and incite a flame war rather than serious discussion. If people chose to come here to deliberately make themselves or others angry, maybe they should re-evaluate why they are here.

The reason he made this thread is because he thinks that he has something to prove to me. That's ok, and call-out threads aren't inherently bad. What makes them bad is what they can turn into. But, if Ajab would like to have a discussion about why he doesn't like me... I'm comfortable with him doing that. Same with anyone else.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:16:13 AM
At 2/22/2015 10:08:16 AM, YYW wrote:

The reason he made this thread is because he thinks that he has something to prove to me. That's ok, and call-out threads aren't inherently bad. What makes them bad is what they can turn into. But, if Ajab would like to have a discussion about why he doesn't like me... I'm comfortable with him doing that. Same with anyone else.

1. This House Asserts That Time is A Priori (Pro)
2. This House Asserts Mathematics Is A Priori (Pro)
3. This House Asserts Kant's First Antinomy! (Pro)
4. This House Believes In A Neo-Lorentzian Aether! (Pro)
5. This House Supports The Heideggerian Thesis Of Being Defined As Contrary To Nothingnes! (Pro)
6. This House Denies Verificationism (Pro)
7. This House Believes Genetic And Innate Are Synonymous! (Con)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:18:34 AM
At 2/22/2015 10:16:13 AM, Ajabi wrote:

Hmmm... that could be interesting. It's also something I haven't thought much about. I'll do some reading and get back to you.

Not interesting.

No. It's too big a topic.

lol no

5. This House Supports The Heideggerian Thesis Of Being Defined As Contrary To Nothingnes! (Pro)

No. That's over your head, and not suited for a debate. It's too big a topic.

That is the conventional position... and again... not suited to DDO debate.

You're misusing a word in the resolution.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:26:57 AM
At 2/22/2015 10:18:34 AM, YYW wrote:

Hmmm... that could be interesting. It's also something I haven't thought much about. I'll do some reading and get back to you.

You mean the great YYW does not have everything memorized? Get back to me now, its public. You're understanding is so profound debate me.

Not interesting.
Its common for us to say something that we dont understand is uninteresting

its a very small topic. All it says is that we cant know whether the world is infinite or finite. Oh...its too big a topic for you! Aww fine, I can do easier topics.

lol no

Why not?

Again I have BoP why dont you let me worry about that. If you're into it, debate it.

7. This House Believes That Genetic And Innate Are Synonymous! (Con)

Thanks, Ive fixed it I think

Lets just do the time debate
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:30:53 AM
At 2/22/2015 10:26:57 AM, Ajabi wrote:

You mean the great YYW does not have everything memorized? Get back to me now, its public. You're understanding is so profound debate me.

I have never represented myself as someone who knows everything... I know what Kant says in regard to this issue, but I've never really thought about how to challenge that.

Again, this is a big topic, but it's something I'll have to get back to you on. I know all you're going to do is parrot what you think Kant said, though... so, your work is more or less already done for you.

Not interesting.

The reason that it's not interesting is because there really isn't a compelling counter argument.

its a very small topic. All it says is that we cant know whether the world is infinite or finite. Oh...its too big a topic for you! Aww fine, I can do easier topics.

lol no

Why not?

Again I have BoP why dont you let me worry about that. If you're into it, debate it.

You're still misusing a word. I said "misusing" not "missing."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:40:47 AM

http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 1:15:32 PM

Hey, that's our debate. -_-

"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 1:20:16 PM
At 2/22/2015 1:15:32 PM, phantom wrote:

It's an interesting topic...

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 1:36:52 PM
At 2/22/2015 1:20:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/22/2015 1:15:32 PM, phantom wrote:

It's an interesting topic...

We were already planning to debate it, but I suppose he could do two debates at once.

"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 7:58:03 PM
At 2/22/2015 7:46:51 PM, Ajabi wrote:
At 2/22/2015 10:30:53 AM, YYW wrote:

Still waiting on you to accept the challenge on Time.

You challenged me to a debate? Show me a link...
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:13:43 PM

Is "Priori" even a word? Or did you mean "priory"?

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:22:51 PM
At 2/22/2015 10:13:43 PM, Varrack wrote:

Is "Priori" even a word? Or did you mean "priory"?

It's Latin.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:55:12 PM

Not interesting.

lol no

Why not?

You're acting like a butt
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:55:57 PM
At 2/22/2015 10:55:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Not interesting.

lol no

Why not?

You're acting like a butt

He never actually challenged me either...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:57:59 PM

I never understood what this even means

Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 11:08:52 PM
At 2/22/2015 10:57:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

It's ok. He doesn't either.

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 11:30:34 PM
At 2/22/2015 11:08:52 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/22/2015 10:57:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

It's ok. He doesn't either.

I know you don't YYW. If you do debate me on it, Pro or Con you choose bud.
As for the challenge I wasnt aware I was supposed to send it...shall I send it for neolorentizianism or Time a priori?