Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Concept: PF

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:06:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Private Forums

DDO has a PM system. However, this system seems to be used only for:
1. Private conversations about personal stuff
2. Mods privately contacting people about conduct violations.
3. Mafia/Fate Games
4. Fanfic Updates
5. Miscellaneous

But what if they were used as forums? Just a thought.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Posts: 41,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:08:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2015 3:06:11 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Private Forums

DDO has a PM system. However, this system seems to be used only for:
1. Private conversations about personal stuff
2. Mods privately contacting people about conduct violations.
3. Mafia/Fate Games
4. Fanfic Updates
5. Miscellaneous

But what if they were used as forums? Just a thought.

This already happens.
Where we are, on Trump:

http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:17:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2015 3:08:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:06:11 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Private Forums

DDO has a PM system. However, this system seems to be used only for:
1. Private conversations about personal stuff
2. Mods privately contacting people about conduct violations.
3. Mafia/Fate Games
4. Fanfic Updates
5. Miscellaneous

But what if they were used as forums? Just a thought.

This already happens.

?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:25:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Uh oh, someone hasn't been invited to one yet. Sadsies =(
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:30:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here's why:
There are two sides to the internet.

First, there is the part of the internet which anybody can access. That is, just Google something and you can find it and look at it.
Then, there is the "private" part of the internet. For instance, one's Facebook information whenever the settings are set a certain way. Or the contents of a PM. If we did what I suggested, DDO's activity would become largely part of the private internet.

Capische?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 5:24:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2015 3:30:24 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Here's why:
There are two sides to the internet.

First, there is the part of the internet which anybody can access. That is, just Google something and you can find it and look at it.
Then, there is the "private" part of the internet. For instance, one's Facebook information whenever the settings are set a certain way. Or the contents of a PM. If we did what I suggested, DDO's activity would become largely part of the private internet.

Capische?

It's there already.
bsh1
Posts: 28,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 4:59:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I thought this was a thread about Public Forum Debate... :( I was about to love spam for LD.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 5:55:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2015 5:24:26 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:30:24 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Here's why:
There are two sides to the internet.

First, there is the part of the internet which anybody can access. That is, just Google something and you can find it and look at it.
Then, there is the "private" part of the internet. For instance, one's Facebook information whenever the settings are set a certain way. Or the contents of a PM. If we did what I suggested, DDO's activity would become largely part of the private internet.

Capische?

It's there already.

Wait, I have a question. People make PM's for fanfic updates? That may be why my fanfic has lower than ideal viewership.
Cringe