Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

How to upload reference links?

lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:22:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 9:07:50 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
Can someone tell me how?

You just C&P the links to DDO, but put them in parenthesis like this (www.debate.org/reply/1919653/) that way it doesn't get broken.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
StalinIncarnate
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:23:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 9:22:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:07:50 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
Can someone tell me how?

You just C&P the links to DDO, but put them in parenthesis like this (www.debate.org/reply/1919653/) that way it doesn't get broken.

Thank you, helps tremendously.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:12:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 9:23:45 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:22:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:07:50 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
Can someone tell me how?

You just C&P the links to DDO, but put them in parenthesis like this (www.debate.org/reply/1919653/) that way it doesn't get broken.

Thank you, helps tremendously.

Here is my format:

This is bad because yes. Economist viva la chingada says "dat is bad m8" [1. https://www.google.com...].

Others do this [1].

1. https://www.google.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:57:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 10:12:59 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:23:45 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:22:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:07:50 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
Can someone tell me how?

You just C&P the links to DDO, but put them in parenthesis like this (www.debate.org/reply/1919653/) that way it doesn't get broken.

Thank you, helps tremendously.

Here is my format:

This is bad because yes. Economist viva la chingada says "dat is bad m8" [1. https://www.google.com...].

Others do this [1].

1. https://www.google.com...

I like the second way better
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:59:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 10:57:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/8/2015 10:12:59 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:23:45 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:22:40 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:07:50 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
Can someone tell me how?

You just C&P the links to DDO, but put them in parenthesis like this (www.debate.org/reply/1919653/) that way it doesn't get broken.

Thank you, helps tremendously.

Here is my format:

This is bad because yes. Economist viva la chingada says "dat is bad m8" [1. https://www.google.com...].

Others do this [1].

1. https://www.google.com...

I like the second way better

I like the first because when I read a debate I often want to read the sources, so clicking the source then and there is easier than scrolling around
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 11:58:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 10:59:41 PM, 16kadams wrote:

I like the first because when I read a debate I often want to read the sources, so clicking the source then and there is easier than scrolling around

I disagree because (1) if I don't want to read the source, it gets in the way (more often than not, I don't want or need to read the source), and (2) if the same source is cited multiple times, I have to scroll around the entire debate to find it. When sources are in the bottom, at least I always know where to look.

If you do it the first way, you have to say [source 1] or [Heritage] or something like that when you cite it a second time. At the very least, you need to give the source a label that is unique enough that I can control + F it.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 4:08:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 9:07:50 PM, StalinIncarnate wrote:
Can someone tell me how?
Just spend a while skimming through this, it's a helpful site feature

http://www.debate.org...
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby