Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

What does "nac" mean?

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 5:52:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

"NO ALL CAPITALS"

nac
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:04:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

In general internet slang the most common meaning is "Not a chance"

However, on DDO it means "Not all Caps".

The reason for this is that the posting filter prevents a post from being all capitals.

Take the following examples:

........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

........

Because the above example is all caps, the filter would not allow this, even though it could be something necessary to post. Therefore, to post it, it would have to be posted as follows

..........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

nac

.........

The most common use for "nac" is probably in mafia games in the games forum.

It's very common that a post is simply "VTNL" or some other short post that is necessarily all caps, and therefore must conatin "nac" so that it can be posted.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:07:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's also worth mentioning that when we made the DDO FAQ, we did recognize that this was a frequently asked question and we made sure to add it. This (which can be found at the bottom of the FAQ in the "forums" category"), and many other frequently asked questions can be found at this link (the link is also at the bottom of the page):

http://www.debate.org...
Debate.org Moderator
Varrack
Posts: 2,411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:21:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 6:04:03 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

In general internet slang the most common meaning is "Not a chance"

However, on DDO it means "Not all Caps".

The reason for this is that the posting filter prevents a post from being all capitals.

Take the following examples:

........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

........

Because the above example is all caps, the filter would not allow this, even though it could be something necessary to post. Therefore, to post it, it would have to be posted as follows

..........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

nac

.........

The most common use for "nac" is probably in mafia games in the games forum.

It's very common that a post is simply "VTNL" or some other short post that is necessarily all caps, and therefore must conatin "nac" so that it can be posted.

Oh ok. But what does VTNL mean?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:32:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 6:21:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:04:03 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

In general internet slang the most common meaning is "Not a chance"

However, on DDO it means "Not all Caps".

The reason for this is that the posting filter prevents a post from being all capitals.

Take the following examples:

........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

........

Because the above example is all caps, the filter would not allow this, even though it could be something necessary to post. Therefore, to post it, it would have to be posted as follows

..........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

nac

.........

The most common use for "nac" is probably in mafia games in the games forum.

It's very common that a post is simply "VTNL" or some other short post that is necessarily all caps, and therefore must conatin "nac" so that it can be posted.

Oh ok. But what does VTNL mean?

In mafia, gameplay involves determing which players are "town" and which are "mafia". If a player is suspected of being mafia, another player may decide that they should be lynched. To vote for this player they would post "VTL" (vote to lynch) "player123". Sometimes a player may choose not to lynch anyone, in that circumstance they would post "VTNL" or "Vote To Not Lynch".
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:50:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

Now
I'm
Cumming
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:54:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

Nice accent concubines
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:55:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 6:21:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
Oh ok. But what does VTNL mean?

Pretty much what Max said, though you want to take his mafia advice with a grain of salt. Much of it is predicated on claiming bulletproof, refreshing the room, and then FOS'ing his scum partner in a fake-bus scenario. After that, he returns and, without fail, we hear, "So, we're VTNL'ing, right?" That, or he's invoking his bladerunner persona to supply us with a 20-part explanation as to why he couldn't possibly be scum.

tl;dr: I'm being an ars. Don't take this seriously, lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 7:18:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
People that use nac should be banned. It is a way to get around the rule of not posting in all caps.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 7:51:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 6:32:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:21:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:04:03 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

In general internet slang the most common meaning is "Not a chance"

However, on DDO it means "Not all Caps".

The reason for this is that the posting filter prevents a post from being all capitals.

Take the following examples:

........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

........

Because the above example is all caps, the filter would not allow this, even though it could be something necessary to post. Therefore, to post it, it would have to be posted as follows

..........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

nac

.........

The most common use for "nac" is probably in mafia games in the games forum.

It's very common that a post is simply "VTNL" or some other short post that is necessarily all caps, and therefore must conatin "nac" so that it can be posted.

Oh ok. But what does VTNL mean?

In mafia, gameplay involves determing which players are "town" and which are "mafia". If a player is suspected of being mafia, another player may decide that they should be lynched. To vote for this player they would post "VTL" (vote to lynch) "player123". Sometimes a player may choose not to lynch anyone, in that circumstance they would post "VTNL" or "Vote To Not Lynch".

But don't forget kids, if Airmax is still alive after the first NP, he's totally scum.

Mafia tip of the day :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 7:53:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 7:51:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:32:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:21:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:04:03 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 5:51:08 PM, Varrack wrote:
Tell me! I've seen it like 300 times on this website now. I can't go any longer and not know.

In general internet slang the most common meaning is "Not a chance"

However, on DDO it means "Not all Caps".

The reason for this is that the posting filter prevents a post from being all capitals.

Take the following examples:

........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

........

Because the above example is all caps, the filter would not allow this, even though it could be something necessary to post. Therefore, to post it, it would have to be posted as follows

..........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

nac

.........

The most common use for "nac" is probably in mafia games in the games forum.

It's very common that a post is simply "VTNL" or some other short post that is necessarily all caps, and therefore must conatin "nac" so that it can be posted.

Oh ok. But what does VTNL mean?

In mafia, gameplay involves determing which players are "town" and which are "mafia". If a player is suspected of being mafia, another player may decide that they should be lynched. To vote for this player they would post "VTL" (vote to lynch) "player123". Sometimes a player may choose not to lynch anyone, in that circumstance they would post "VTNL" or "Vote To Not Lynch".

But don't forget kids, if Airmax is still alive after the first NP, he's totally scum.

Mafia tip of the day :)

This, 150 times this.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:58:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Airmax stop trolling the poor guy,

this is the ACTUAL thing that nac stands for:

http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
That1User
Posts: 1,064
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:20:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 8:58:08 PM, imabench wrote:
Airmax stop trolling the poor guy,

this is the ACTUAL thing that nac stands for:

http://www.debate.org...

You need to update the history ima, when people sit on you, the bench, and read the history on the bench, they are missing one year of history.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 7:21:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There's an UrbanDictionary entry for NAC if I'm not mistaken.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka