Jump to topic:

So I have 3K friends now

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:39:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I'm not one for posting milestone threads... I don't think I've posted one since 3k posts or somewhere around there (I could be wrong though)... I think they are cool though since they are a good excuse for members to post nice things about others or to write up something interesting about their thoughts on the site. So to those who like posting interesting milestone threads, keep on keeping on.

It's not for me though, so I don't really do it. However, since I reached 3k friends, for the past few weeks a few members have been hounding me to do one. These members, who can reveal who they are if they want, but I wont do so, have pretty much hassled me non-stop about this and I have finally agreed to do it if they agreed to leave me alone about it.

So one of the biggest problems I have with this type of thing, and one of the biggest reasons I just don't do these types of threads, is because I will inevitably be leaving someone out. I considered just doing everyone on my friends list but that woud take forever and I don't even know a good amount of those people.

One of these people who have been hassling me just suggested I do a sign up list, and then any lack of inclusion could only be blamed on someone's lack of signing up.

So in the spirit of harrassment cessation, if you would like me to include you in a soon to be posted thread celebrating my 3k friends milestone, be sure to sign up. These shoutouts will basically be just a paragraph or so of me saying nice things about you and how you are a good contributor to the site or a good friend of mine... if you aren't, I'll say something else, but I'll make it sincere anyway...

The only limits here are that members have to sign up themselves... so no signing up 400 people so that I'm too busy to hassle you for a few days - I'm looking at you Bench :P Though I suppose you could lobby 400 people to sign up, but that takes more effort on your part... you also have to be on my friends list (with the exception of Sadolite if he signs up)

So sign up (the fewer the better) and be on my friends list if you want to be on my 3k friends milestone thread shoutout list.... (now get off my lawn)

1:
2:
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:41:12 PM
At 3/11/2015 9:39:45 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
So I'm not one for posting milestone threads... I don't think I've posted one since 3k posts or somewhere around there (I could be wrong though)... I think they are cool though since they are a good excuse for members to post nice things about others or to write up something interesting about their thoughts on the site. So to those who like posting interesting milestone threads, keep on keeping on.

It's not for me though, so I don't really do it. However, since I reached 3k friends, for the past few weeks a few members have been hounding me to do one. These members, who can reveal who they are if they want, but I wont do so, have pretty much hassled me non-stop about this and I have finally agreed to do it if they agreed to leave me alone about it.

So one of the biggest problems I have with this type of thing, and one of the biggest reasons I just don't do these types of threads, is because I will inevitably be leaving someone out. I considered just doing everyone on my friends list but that woud take forever and I don't even know a good amount of those people.

One of these people who have been hassling me just suggested I do a sign up list, and then any lack of inclusion could only be blamed on someone's lack of signing up.

So in the spirit of harrassment cessation, if you would like me to include you in a soon to be posted thread celebrating my 3k friends milestone, be sure to sign up. These shoutouts will basically be just a paragraph or so of me saying nice things about you and how you are a good contributor to the site or a good friend of mine... if you aren't, I'll say something else, but I'll make it sincere anyway...

The only limits here are that members have to sign up themselves... so no signing up 400 people so that I'm too busy to hassle you for a few days - I'm looking at you Bench :P Though I suppose you could lobby 400 people to sign up, but that takes more effort on your part... you also have to be on my friends list (with the exception of Sadolite if he signs up)

So sign up (the fewer the better) and be on my friends list if you want to be on my 3k friends milestone thread shoutout list.... (now get off my lawn)

1: YYW (because my ego isn't big enough already lol)
2:
Tsar of DDO
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:43:40 PM
At 3/11/2015 9:41:12 PM, YYW wrote:

2: Rev (because I want to make Max do something he doesn't want to)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:43:49 PM

2: Imabench (^ Same reason)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:47:01 PM
At 3/11/2015 9:43:49 PM, imabench wrote:

2: Imabench (^ Same reason)
3:That1User (because, reason)
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:52:07 PM
At 3/11/2015 9:50:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
01: YYW
02: Rev
03: Imabench
04: EndarkenedRationalist
05: That1User
06: Harder
07:
08:
09:
10:
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:56:13 PM
At 3/11/2015 9:43:40 PM, RevNge wrote:

2: Rev (because I want to make Max do something he doesn't want to)
3: SamStevens ( because I've only been included in one other list on this site)
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:57:47 PM
I would sign up, but I never added you. No gods, no masters >:D
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:58:33 PM
07: FREEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08:
09:
10:
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:15:00 PM
02: blue
03: Freedo
04: ima
05: Rev
07: Than
08: Ennie
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:17:01 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:15:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Unfortunately, "than" is not a part of That1User's name.

Good job, though.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:17:49 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:15:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:

If I understand what you did there... then, umm, I see what you did there
Debate.org Moderator
WillYouMarryMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:18:52 PM
08: bluesteel
09: WillYouMarryMe
10:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:18:53 PM
@Bluesteel

Your new profile pic kind of looks like a male cross dresser I saw on the subway coming back from a restaurant one night last fall.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:21:16 PM
@Bluesteel

I know that's totally random... but this guy was clearly high on meth, was wearing a leather vest kind of like the girl in your pic, and his jeans were both women's jeans and ripped in a similar way.

Not that I'm judging lol... #judgementfreezone #here but yeah... mental associations haha
Tsar of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:22:48 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:21:16 PM, YYW wrote:
@Bluesteel

I know that's totally random... but this guy was clearly high on meth, was wearing a leather vest kind of like the girl in your pic, and his jeans were both women's jeans and ripped in a similar way.

Not that I'm judging lol... #judgementfreezone #here but yeah... mental associations haha

lol... That is pretty random. This is 3rd Birthday cosplay. From the video game 3rd Birthday, where the main character's clothes get ripped as she gets damaged. Until she's down to her underwear.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:24:25 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:22:48 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@Bluesteel

lol... That is pretty random. This is 3rd Birthday cosplay. From the video game 3rd Birthday, where the main character's clothes get ripped as she gets damaged. Until she's down to her underwear.

Yeah... idk... this fellow (and he was definitely a dude... even though he had on high heels, women's jeans, and what appeared to be a vest much in the fashion that I expect Shaniah Twain would wear if she were pole dancing) was fairly hard to forget.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:24:37 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:16:42 PM, Cermank wrote:
Congratulations! This is huge!

To 3k more to come.

*throws confetti*

haha thanks
Debate.org Moderator
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:25:57 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:24:25 PM, YYW wrote:
@Bluesteel

Yeah... idk... this fellow (and he was definitely a dude... even though he had on high heels, women's jeans, and what appeared to be a vest much in the fashion that I expect Shaniah Twain would wear if she were pole dancing) was fairly hard to forget.

hahaha, yeah I can imagine.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:32:24 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:25:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@Bluesteel

lol

This new pic definitely reminds me less of that experience than the other one did...

What's that game all about, btw?
Tsar of DDO
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:33:34 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:18:52 PM, WillYouMarryMe wrote:
08: bluesteel
09: WillYouMarryMe
10: JMK

Also, I'm obligated to say:

/in
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:39:00 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:32:24 PM, YYW wrote:
@Bluesteel

lol

This new pic definitely reminds me less of that experience than the other one did...

Something weird happens to the main character and it allows her to jump into anyone's body. So the gameplay allows you to essentially teleport between NPC's. If there are a bunch of soldiers fighting a boss, you can jump back and forth to different soldiers to gain a better battlefield position. And if one of them is about to get killed, you just jump to another one.

You're basically trying to find your sister. You're trying to unravel the mystery of how you got this ability and what happened to your sister. Something weird happened to your memory.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:40:56 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:39:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/11/2015 10:32:24 PM, YYW wrote:
@Bluesteel

lol

Something weird happens to the main character and it allows her to jump into anyone's body. So the gameplay allows you to essentially teleport between NPC's. If there are a bunch of soldiers fighting a boss, you can jump back and forth to different soldiers to gain a better battlefield position. And if one of them is about to get killed, you just jump to another one.

You're basically trying to find your sister. You're trying to unravel the mystery of how you got this ability and what happened to your sister. Something weird happened to your memory.

Hmmm... interesting premise. Pretty far out from the video games I used to play...

i've been thinking about getting an xbox or playstation or whatever the latest console is just to see what it's like. I bought a TV about a month ago... so now I've got the stuff to make it happen.
Tsar of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:41:48 PM
03: That
04: Freedo
05: Harder
06: Imabench
07: blue
08: Endark
09: JMK
10: WillYouMarryMe