Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I'm new and I need some help... :/

lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 11:02:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 10:52:52 AM, Natalija wrote:
I would like to know where I can see debates which look for contestant...

There is a button on the top left of the screen that says "debates" click on the arrow then click either "challenge period" or "start a new debate"
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 11:07:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Debates in the challenge period are shown down the right of the main page http://www.debate.org... There often aren't any available though.

Setting up your own debate or picking an argument with someone in the forums is often a good way to get started. Welcome to the site.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 11:57:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask if you need any other help.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Natalija
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 12:23:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 12:06:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
Dobrodosla na ovu stranicu. Ja sam iz Bosne. Cuvaj se arogantni ljudi ovdje.

ehej hvala :D
lepo je cuti i malo naseg jezika ovde :)
a obecavam da cu se cuvati ;)
Natalija
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 12:37:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I know that I am probably boring but I have one more question. On my home page I have notification which says 'confirm your identity' and when I click on this it is opening field where I have to put my cell phone number. There I have problem because my operator is not on the list and there is not enough space to put my number and because of this I can't vote...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 12:38:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/18/2010 12:37:36 AM, Natalija wrote:
I know that I am probably boring but I have one more question. On my home page I have notification which says 'confirm your identity' and when I click on this it is opening field where I have to put my cell phone number. There I have problem because my operator is not on the list and there is not enough space to put my number and because of this I can't vote...

That happens to all the non-north american members of this site. :(
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 12:49:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/18/2010 12:37:36 AM, Natalija wrote:
I know that I am probably boring but I have one more question. On my home page I have notification which says 'confirm your identity' and when I click on this it is opening field where I have to put my cell phone number. There I have problem because my operator is not on the list and there is not enough space to put my number and because of this I can't vote...

If you have a north american buddy you can ask if you can get the code sent to their number
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 10:07:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/18/2010 12:23:06 AM, Natalija wrote:
ehej hvala :D
lepo je cuti i malo naseg jezika ovde :)
a obecavam da cu se cuvati ;)
Nema na cemu. Ti si prva osim mene koja prica srpskohrvatski jezik. Odakle si porijeklu?
Natalija
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 1:06:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/18/2010 10:07:33 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/18/2010 12:23:06 AM, Natalija wrote:
ehej hvala :D
lepo je cuti i malo naseg jezika ovde :)
a obecavam da cu se cuvati ;)
Nema na cemu. Ti si prva osim mene koja prica srpskohrvatski jezik. Odakle si porijeklu?

e lepo, bar neko da razume sve sto hocu da kazem :D
ja sam iz Valjeva, Srbija; ovde sam rodjena, ovde i zivim
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:46:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 1:06:52 AM, Natalija wrote:
e lepo, bar neko da razume sve sto hocu da kazem :D
ja sam iz Valjeva, Srbija; ovde sam rodjena, ovde i zivim
Interesantno. Ja sam is Travnik, Bosna (90 km od Sarajeva), ali zivim u Danskoj.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:54:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
For those other people who were wondering what they were saying...

Mirza: Welcome to this site. I am from Bosnia. Beware the arrogant people here.

Natalija: ehej thanks: D
it's nice to hear a little of our language here:)
and I promise that I will be kept;)

Mirza: You're welcome. You're the first other than me who speaks Serbo-Croatian language. Where are you from the origin?

Natalija: be nice, at least someone to understand everything that I want to say: D
I am from Valjevo, Serbia, here I am born here and live

Mirza: Interesting. I'm with Travnik, Bosnia (90 km from Sarajevo), but I live in Denmark.

I'm sorry if this was an invasion of privacy, but I was curious. Clearly google translate isn't perfect.
Anyway, welcome Natalija! Watch out for me and my arrogent atheist buddies. ^_-
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:56:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 3:54:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
For those other people who were wondering what they were saying...

Mirza: Welcome to this site. I am from Bosnia. Beware the arrogant people here.

Natalija: ehej thanks: D
it's nice to hear a little of our language here:)
and I promise that I will be kept;)

Mirza: You're welcome. You're the first other than me who speaks Serbo-Croatian language. Where are you from the origin?

Natalija: be nice, at least someone to understand everything that I want to say: D
I am from Valjevo, Serbia, here I am born here and live

Mirza: Interesting. I'm with Travnik, Bosnia (90 km from Sarajevo), but I live in Denmark.

I'm sorry if this was an invasion of privacy, but I was curious. Clearly google translate isn't perfect.
Anyway, welcome Natalija! Watch out for me and my arrogent atheist buddies. ^_-
Those translations made me laugh, and the arrogant part is just aimed at anybody. I think that this site is good if you can avoid all kinds of problems with people.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:57:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 3:54:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
For those other people who were wondering what they were saying...

Mirza: Welcome to this site. I am from Bosnia. Beware the arrogant people here.

Natalija: ehej thanks: D
it's nice to hear a little of our language here:)
and I promise that I will be kept;)

Mirza: You're welcome. You're the first other than me who speaks Serbo-Croatian language. Where are you from the origin?

Natalija: be nice, at least someone to understand everything that I want to say: D
I am from Valjevo, Serbia, here I am born here and live

Mirza: Interesting. I'm with Travnik, Bosnia (90 km from Sarajevo), but I live in Denmark.

I'm sorry if this was an invasion of privacy, but I was curious. Clearly google translate isn't perfect.
Anyway, welcome Natalija! Watch out for me and my arrogent atheist buddies. ^_-

Do you speak Serbo-Croatian or did you use a translator?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:57:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 3:54:04 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
*Goes and searches for online translator*
tvett already did it! And it is funny how some things are translated!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 4:06:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 3:57:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Do you speak Serbo-Croatian or did you use a translator?
He said that Google Translate is not perfect.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:31:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 4:06:30 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/19/2010 3:57:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Do you speak Serbo-Croatian or did you use a translator?
He said that Google Translate is not perfect.

I couldn't even get google translater to translate anything
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:52:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 11:31:08 AM, lovelife wrote:
I couldn't even get google translater to translate anything
Have you tried auto-detection? It should work. Choose Croatian if it does not work.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:58:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 11:52:02 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/19/2010 11:31:08 AM, lovelife wrote:
I couldn't even get google translater to translate anything
Have you tried auto-detection? It should work. Choose Croatian if it does not work.

It said the page was already in english.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:03:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 11:52:02 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/19/2010 11:31:08 AM, lovelife wrote:
I couldn't even get google translater to translate anything
Have you tried auto-detection? It should work. Choose Croatian if it does not work.

I have a real hard time with the translators, and the last time it got me into a little trouble.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:22:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 12:06:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
Dobrodosla na ovu stranicu. Ja sam iz Bosne. Cuvaj se arogantni ljudi ovdje.

"Destroy none of strangers. Yes some is boys. Cut their arrogant little throats."

Mirza, how could you?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:24:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 12:22:50 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/17/2010 12:06:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
Dobrodosla na ovu stranicu. Ja sam iz Bosne. Cuvaj se arogantni ljudi ovdje.

"Destroy none of strangers. Yes some is boys. Cut their arrogant little throats."

Mirza, how could you?

Is that really what it says?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:29:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/19/2010 12:28:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
As funny as that is, it is not true!

Denies it...Lmao
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave