Jump to topic:

Who is your role model /mentor on DDO

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 5:14:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Who is your role model /mentor on DDO and why?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 5:20:55 PM
Inferno.

Inferno just doesn't care.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 5:36:24 PM
Nobody is worthy of that title, though I see different attributes in several different people which I admire and try to emulate though.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 5:43:04 PM
At 3/13/2015 5:14:09 PM, Lee001 wrote:

My mentor when I came to the site was ConservativePolitco, he was just amazing and I enjoyed a lot of his things that he wrote. If I'd have to say who my current role model is I'd have to say JMK, he's highly intellegent when it comes to economics and though we but heads on several occasions over economics he's always been there when I need him the most. I aspire one day to be as knowledgable in the field of economics as he is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:01:44 PM
I wouldn't say he's my mentor, but I look up to Bluesteel in alot of ways, so he's definitely a role model here for me. Like, I can rely on him for any and all questions related to law or the experience of law school, among other things like offering a persuasive opinion other than my own on random matters.

I also look up to Whiteflame as a role model. More so behavior-wise though, he's so level-headed and I honestly envy that. I hope to be as clear and concise as he is someday.

Also, both are highly knowledgeable in formal debate, so I look up to both equally in that regard.

Other than that, there are several members who I look up to for various reasons, but none more-so than these two.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:06:26 PM
I'd have to say Roylatham. I learned a lot from talking to him and reading his debates.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:06:40 PM
At 3/13/2015 5:43:04 PM, lannan13 wrote:

My mentor when I came to the site was ConservativePolitco, he was just amazing and I enjoyed a lot of his things that he wrote. If I'd have to say who my current role model is I'd have to say JMK, he's highly intellegent when it comes to economics and though we but heads on several occasions over economics he's always been there when I need him the most. I aspire one day to be as knowledgable in the field of economics as he is.

Awwwww, I appreciate this more than you'll ever know. Thanks, man.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:07:50 PM
I'm not sure I'd say I have a mentor, but I probably most look up to whiteflame and bluesteel. I always enjoy reading their posts and debates, probably more than those of anyone else, and always manage to learn something.

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:08:54 PM
At 3/13/2015 6:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Awwwww, I appreciate this more than you'll ever know. Thanks, man.

Welcome, but it's highly true.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:23:25 PM

Lannan has and always will be my role model. He is extremely professional even when people loos their cool in debates. I like the way he carries and represents himself :)
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:26:19 PM
Airmax. I love his iron fist
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:27:33 PM
At 3/13/2015 6:26:19 PM, thett3 wrote:

Defending your scum buddy already?

(Yup, impromptu mafia is bloody inescapable.)

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:40:38 PM
At 3/13/2015 6:26:19 PM, thett3 wrote:

thett is my role model too, because I'm almost as perfect as him/her.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:44:24 PM

Me.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:49:37 PM
At 3/13/2015 6:44:24 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Me.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:52:07 PM
At 3/13/2015 6:49:37 PM, imabench wrote:

Me.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:52:57 PM

Me.

VTL Frozen

Let's tussle.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 6:57:27 PM
My DDO role model is RM.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 7:01:25 PM

Me.

I see what you did there, you clever bastard.
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 7:06:06 PM
At 3/13/2015 7:03:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
Where is my love this thread.

Do none of you niggas see me as a role model?

If by role model, you mean perfect example of what not to do. Sure.
TUF, and YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 7:12:34 PM
At 3/13/2015 7:06:06 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/13/2015 7:03:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
Where is my love this thread.

Do none of you niggas see me as a role model?

If by role model, you mean perfect example of what not to do. Sure.

It is those type of statements that keep you out of the DDO elite, well that and the fact you aren't man enough to take do the blood oath ritual which includes an orgy, self mutilations and possibly death or dismemberment.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 7:56:13 PM

I don't really have a role model on DDO, and I definitely don't have someone I consider a mentor/teacher, but there are users I greatly admire and respect.

Airmax -- for his patience and dedication to the site. It's become a better place because of his efforts for so many reasons. And after becoming a moderator, I see how much he has to put up with. It can be very taxing.

Raisor -- I respect his no-nonsense attitude, and he sticks to his guns. I like getting his views on vote-related issues.

Thett -- Just a really nice guy, if you have a serious discussion with him. And a great debater. I don't really blame him for not debating much on the site anymore; I won't either. But when he did, his debates were awesome.

Whiteflame -- The amount of effort he puts into his RFD is epic. I'm glad there are so many really good voters on the site now, and I really respect his views on debate as a general matter. He's absolutely a *really* smart guy, and the site is a lot better due to his presence.

Mikal -- You've gotta have a lot of respect for what Mikal has done for this site socially. People hang out in ways they never did before. I'm not so down with some of the stuff he's done recently, but I've always admired his commitment to his friends and his ability to bring people together.

Blade-of-truth -- I really respect his commitment to learning. Like he really listens to people. It's fun to discuss stuff with him. So often on the site I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. Whereas BoT actually cares what you're saying to him, even if he doesn't end up agreeing. You can tell he's listening. And his commitment to voting on so many debates and becoming the best voter he can is awesome.

F-16 -- It's awesome to see him back, and I'm super impressed by his recent efforts to learn as much about debate as he possibly can. He learned more about policy debate in one weekend by just reading about it online than most people learn after two years of doing it. He's a fast learner.

Esocial -- She really cares about people, and I really admire that. I don't always relate to her sense of humor, but what she has done for some of the users on this site is amazing.

Oryus -- I really admire her outlook on life and level-headedness. She knows I think she's awesome. Since most of you don't really know her, I won't expand much on this, even though I could go on for quite awhile.

Danielle -- I've always admired her self-confidence. When I was new here, I let stuff get to me, but she literally doesn't take any sh!t for anyone, or rather really doesn't care about other people's opinions of her.

YYW -- He really does care a lot about the site, and it's scary how much I think we're the same person sometimes. And he's one of the contributors whose opinions I really enjoy reading on the forums. Like with Danielle, I also really respect his self-confidence and how he doesn't let other people get to him.

bsh1 -- Bsh1 is just such a great guy. I hope to talk to him more in the future, but I really admire how much he cares about other people. I wish that I could be as nurturing as he is.

16K -- It's impossible not to respect 16K. He's become such an incredible intellectual powerhouse, especially compared to where he was when he started on this site. Like seriously, I respect his opinion on things a lot now, whereas when he first joined, he was just kind of this annoying kid who had no idea how to put together a coherent argument. He's grown so much and taught himself so much.

JMK -- He has a great sense of humor and is fun to talk to, even if he's a really bad mafia mod... :P You can tell he cares about his friends, even through the sarcasm. Just a good all around guy.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 8:10:24 PM
At 3/13/2015 7:56:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I don't really have a role model on DDO, and I definitely don't have someone I consider a mentor/teacher, but there are users I greatly admire and respect.

16K -- It's impossible not to respect 16K. He's become such an incredible intellectual powerhouse, especially compared to where he was when he started on this site. Like seriously, I respect his opinion on things a lot now, whereas when he first joined, he was just kind of this annoying kid who had no idea how to put together a coherent argument. He's grown so much and taught himself so much.

. :D

JMK -- He has a great sense of humor and is fun to talk to, even if he's a really bad mafia mod... :P You can tell he cares about his friends, even through the sarcasm. Just a good all around guy.

JMK is awesome too. JMK + Me on minimum wage = OP
http://www.debate.org...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 8:17:34 PM
At 3/13/2015 6:23:25 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Lannan has and always will be my role model. He is extremely professional even when people loos their cool in debates. I like the way he carries and represents himself :)

Awe, thanks!

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 8:20:10 PM
At 3/13/2015 8:17:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/13/2015 6:23:25 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Awe, thanks!

Welcome :)

My hubby Hayd <3 <3