Moderator Update

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 6:55:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey DDO!

I hope you are all well and enjoying this fine Tuesday.

I just wanted to say a few things and offer a few updates.

1) Official site tournaments

I want to remind everyone that tournaments now function similarly to how mafia in the games forum does. This means that to host a tournament you need to contact me to add your name to the list and each month a new tournament (a regular and beginners tournament) will begin.

We need more moderators to host tournaments for upcoming months, so please contact me as soon as possible if you have any interest in doing so.

Lannan, Bsh, and Wylted have done a great job hosting their tournaments, and I'd like to thank each of them for doing so.

The post listing the current and future tournaments/mods, as well as months that need mods to sign up can be viewed here (Post #16):

http://www.debate.org...

2) Junior moderator in the polls section

As I mentioned elsewhere, PetersSmith has agreed to help by keeping in touch with me and reporting questionable members and content in the polls section. Members are encouraged to contact her if they have any questions or need any help with that section of the site. I'd like to thank PetersSmith for her assistance.

3) Assistant Voting Issues Moderator

F-16_Fighting_Falcon has agreed to assist Bluesteel and I with voting moderation and general voting issues. Because of the increasing amount of time it takes to moderate the votes effectively and efficiently, as well as follow through on all of the voting moderation policy procedures (reviewing votes, posting review results in debate comments, contacting members about their votes etc.) it has become necessary to add some more manpower to this process. I'd like to thank F-16 for his assistance.
Debate.org Moderator
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 7:42:26 PM
This is all good news.

It's about time the tournament system got organized.

We are fortunate to have such a good candidate pool for expanded moderation. You couldn't ask for a better vote moderation team than bluesteel and F-16.
WillYouMarryMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 8:04:08 PM
At 3/17/2015 7:42:26 PM, Raisor wrote:
This is all good news.

It's about time the tournament system got organized.

We are fortunate to have such a good candidate pool for expanded moderation. You couldn't ask for a better vote moderation team than bluesteel and F-16.

Yes we could.
Bluesteel, F16, *and* Raisor.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:15:47 PM
At 3/17/2015 7:42:26 PM, Raisor wrote:
This is all good news.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...