Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 10:38:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Thinking about implementing a mass game of assassin on DDO

It would work similar to this . Get about 30-50 people to sign up

Each person is assinged another persons name. No one knows who each other has. You get one shot a day to kill the person with the name you are assinged. If you target the wrong person, you lose the chance to kill for the day.

You figure out who you have by talking to other people. Other people can lie or tell the truth, but the object of the game is to correctly kill your target by gathering the right info and forging alliances that give you proper info. Random players in the game will receive correct info from the mod and false info. You use this to spread the word around to try and target the proper players.

After you kill the person with the name you are assigned, you are then assigned the person with the name they had (whom you do not know either)

Basically its an information game and analyzing between false and correct data to try and kill someone, and then move on to kill another. The last person standing wins.

Depending on how many people sign up, I may do a prize. If you has a ps3 or something, pick a game and ill buy it and send it to you.

Working on the actual details to this but it seems like it could be fun.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 10:40:31 AM
At 3/18/2015 10:38:08 AM, Mikal wrote:

Each person is assinged another persons name. No one knows who each other has. You get one shot a day to kill the person with the name you are assinged. If you target the wrong person, you lose the chance to kill for the day.

You figure out who you have by talking to other people. Other people can lie or tell the truth, but the object of the game is to correctly kill your target by gathering the right info and forging alliances that give you proper info. Random players in the game will receive correct info from the mod and false info. You use this to spread the word around to try and target the proper players.

After you kill the person with the name you are assigned, you are then assigned the person with the name they had (whom you do not know either)

Basically its an information game and analyzing between false and correct data to try and kill someone, and then move on to kill another. The last person standing wins.

Depending on how many people sign up, I may do a prize. If you has a ps3 or something, pick a game and ill buy it and send it to you.

Sounds fun.

Make the sign-up list, and I'll be #1 on it.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 10:46:35 AM
MIght wanna try this in the small-scale first. Moreover I doubt you could get 30-50 people to stay active long enough. xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 10:59:26 AM

I am so down for this, holy crap.

I could co-mod if you want to trial run it, but damn, this sounds really fun.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 1:46:10 PM
The only concerns I have is if I don't know who to target and no one else knows anything at all, then what can be learned from talking? Now, maybe if no one knew who they were supposed to target, but everyone knew who was after then, we could see if they shy away from anyone or act differently to anyone to try and figure it out.

Also, if assassination assignments are random, you could potentially be dealt with trying to assassinate yourself.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 1:53:42 PM
At 3/18/2015 1:46:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
The only concerns I have is if I don't know who to target and no one else knows anything at all, then what can be learned from talking? Now, maybe if no one knew who they were supposed to target, but everyone knew who was after then, we could see if they shy away from anyone or act differently to anyone to try and figure it out.

Also, if assassination assignments are random, you could potentially be dealt with trying to assassinate yourself.

it wont be random, ill assign it manually

Its about deciphering the correct info, the false info, and character judgments. If i give you real info and someone believes you are more than likely to tell the truth, they may base an assassination attempt off that vs someone they think would lie

any ideas you have for improvment, im down to hear them before the game starts
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 1:54:25 PM

Forgive me if my sleep deprived brain isn't working properly, how does talking to other people help in anything?

Each person has to kill some specific unique person, but nobody knows who. The most that you can find out is a slight improvement in odds based on knowing who other people tried to kill. However, they do not have to be truthful. Thus you are essentially playing a game of clue where nobody has any cards and nobody is required to follow any rules.

Finally, if you kill someone who had you as a target your game is essentially over as you have nothing left to do.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 1:56:45 PM
At 3/18/2015 1:54:25 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Forgive me if my sleep deprived brain isn't working properly, how does talking to other people help in anything?

Each person has to kill some specific unique person, but nobody knows who. The most that you can find out is a slight improvement in odds based on knowing who other people tried to kill. However, they do not have to be truthful. Thus you are essentially playing a game of clue where nobody has any cards and nobody is required to follow any rules.

Finally, if you kill someone who had you as a target your game is essentially over as you have nothing left to do.

Say you are A, and your suppose to target B. When you Kill B, if B has C, then you in turn have C. This goes out through a web.

the other stuff i'm spinning out about ways to improve factual vs no factual

Each time I send out a pm with info I may include

high chance of being true
slight chance of being true
could be true
slight chance of being false
or high chance of being false

and then let people break down character analysis off this

im open to ideas though
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 2:01:24 PM

it should not play out that way, but if it does there always should be a person that is open for a kill. I'll have to break this down in detail when I get home but judging by how the web should work, if you kill someone who has you as a target, there should be another person who does not have a target on them, and you will have them at that point.

This is off my head and how ive seen in operate in person

It works diff in person, you know who you kill and you shoot them with a water gun and you get their name they had. But Ive never seen that occur playing it. The only difference is that you dont know who you have in this and you have only one shot a day.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 2:39:16 PM
My recommendation would be fire you (as the mod) to remain as true as possible, and leave it up to the players to choose when to lie or tell the truth.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 2:42:18 PM
At 3/18/2015 1:56:45 PM, Mikal wrote:

Say you are A, and your suppose to target B. When you Kill B, if B has C, then you in turn have C. This goes out through a web.

the other stuff i'm spinning out about ways to improve factual vs no factual

Each time I send out a pm with info I may include

high chance of being true
slight chance of being true
could be true
slight chance of being false
or high chance of being false

and then let people break down character analysis off this

im open to ideas though

This works too (the probability of being true).

Or you could do things like, 2 truths and a lie.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 2:53:44 PM
I understood the rules to be if i kill you, I learn who you were to kill, so luck is a factor in the beginning, and then kills should come down pretty quickly.
It seems everyone should just lie about who they have targeted, so no one has an upper hand, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of skill involved.
Time will tell.
I'm sure Mikal messed up somewhere explaining the rules.

At that point you would win until the endgame, right?
I kill you, I get the assignment of killing me, which I won't.
My work here is, finally, done.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 3:18:14 PM
At 3/18/2015 2:53:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I understood the rules to be if i kill you, I learn who you were to kill, so luck is a factor in the beginning, and then kills should come down pretty quickly.
It seems everyone should just lie about who they have targeted, so no one has an upper hand, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of skill involved.
Time will tell.

It's a work in progress. Ive did this in real life and it can work online. Just has to be mattered, which it will be before I start it up. I'm open to ideas before hand.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 3:29:14 PM
At 3/18/2015 2:39:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
My recommendation would be fire you (as the mod) to remain as true as possible, and leave it up to the players to choose when to lie or tell the truth.

Thats what I'm planning

Id message you with a message and give you how likely it is to be true, and its up to you what you do with it at that point
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 3:29:16 PM
At 3/18/2015 3:18:14 PM, Mikal wrote:
Time will tell.

It's a work in progress. Ive did this in real life and it can work online. Just has to be mattered, which it will be before I start it up. I'm open to ideas before hand.

What if the player has two names to kill, and once a player is killed, the assassain learns of one name, while there are potentially two kills to do. More difficult to mod, but there seems to be strategy here. This can create deception and alliances and whatnot.

Without knowing the name of the ONE player to kill, just everyone agree to kill one player, then continue on. It's hard to play a game of strategy with no knowledge of your wincon or abilities. I'm not sure what other strategy there can be except lying, but you are not necessarily lying if you don't know the truth.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 3:30:03 PM
At 3/18/2015 3:29:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time will tell.

What if the player has two names to kill, and once a player is killed, the assassain learns of one name, while there are potentially two kills to do. More difficult to mod, but there seems to be strategy here. This can create deception and alliances and whatnot.

Without knowing the name of the ONE player to kill, just everyone agree to kill one player, then continue on. It's hard to play a game of strategy with no knowledge of your wincon or abilities. I'm not sure what other strategy there can be except lying, but you are not necessarily lying if you don't know the truth.

I like this alot

why dont you help me co mod?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 3:42:17 PM
At 3/18/2015 3:30:03 PM, Mikal wrote:
Time will tell.

I like this alot
The question is: if I can kill you and her, and I kill her, and I learn I can kill it and unknowingly can also kill him, can I still kill you? So, three targets after the first kill.

The only problem with this tweak is some can be left without the ability to kill.
I can kill you and her
You can kill me and her
Her can kill you and me.
We kill each other, she can no longer kill anyone, which could be interesting, but the final duel may have multiple players, or there won't be one, since maybe the last four players can all be killed by the fifth.

no time.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 4:14:13 PM
At 3/18/2015 3:42:17 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/18/2015 3:30:03 PM, Mikal wrote:
Time will tell.

I like this alot
The question is: if I can kill you and her, and I kill her, and I learn I can kill it and unknowingly can also kill him, can I still kill you? So, three targets after the first kill.

The only problem with this tweak is some can be left without the ability to kill.
I can kill you and her
You can kill me and her
Her can kill you and me.
We kill each other, she can no longer kill anyone, which could be interesting, but the final duel may have multiple players, or there won't be one, since maybe the last four players can all be killed by the fifth.

no time.

ill play with the details to this later tonight