Jump to topic:

Pirates of the DDO: Ep 1

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:25:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Before I begin, I know that fanfictions are meant to go in the entertainment section, but after I talked to airmax about letting me possibly post my fanfiction in the main forum, I found out that people are ALREADY ALLOWED to post their fanfics in the main forum. Turns out, Airmax never explicitly forbade people from posting it in the main forum, and people only started posting it in the entertainment forum for some other reason, not because Airmax actually ordered it.

So, I'm going to posting this fanfic here in the main forum until explicitly ordered to move it elsewhere :P

Quick character list for people who will appear/ are extensively mentioned in season 1 (of 3) which will be 10 episodes long:

1 - That1User
2 - donald.keller
3 - Mishap
4 - DarthKirones
5 - PetersSmith
6 - Wylted
7 - Airmax
8 - Daltonian
9 - Imabench
10 - lannan13

Also just for the hell of it: http://poll.pollcode.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:26:07 PM
The men of the trade ship hurried to unload its cargo so that they may spend their free time in Port Royale that much sooner. The captain, as usual, barked out orders for his crew while himself doing nothing to speed up the process, only irritating the crew and making them that much more eager to finish so that they don't have to deal with him anymore. As the captain yelled on though, his voice suddenly softened before coming to a dead silence, as his gaze had drifted out into the harbor.

The crew, noticing the sudden silence, then looked to see what had captured the captains attention. In the harbor, an incredibly small ship flew a pirate flag, and was heading straight for a gigantic British warship still under construction. The British ship would carry up to 120 cannons, but the pirate ship sailing straight towards it looked like it could barely support two.

That didn't stop it from opening fire.

The small ship pulled right up to the huge sip still under construction, and fired a single time, the shot from the cannon ringing out across the harbor that had fallen into a deafening silence. Nothing happened for another 10 minutes before the small ship fired a second time, doing minimal damage to the ship under construction.

It was at this point that the British port guard became aware of what was going on, and they scrambled towards the nearest sail-worthy ship. However, as they prepared to cast of, the small pirate ship had strayed away from the mega ship still under construction, and proceeded on docking in the harbor right across from the British ship that was being prepared to engage it.

From the pirate ship, a lone pirate walked off. Though he was barely a speck to most people in and around the harbor, most people immediately recognized the man over his bright yellow coat with red details that he famously wore.

It was Airmax, the most legendary and deadly pirate of Spain and in the entire Caribbean, surrendering to British forces. He raised his arms above his head as British soldiers swarmed around him, and he was promptly arrested and handcuffed, before being led away from the harbor and up into the meager fort that watched over the harbor.

The captain of the ship who witnessed the whole thing, Daltonian, gave one final order to his men to resume unloading the ship, astonished at what he had seen. Piracy against the British carried a death sentence via hanging in any and all scenarios, and Airmax had long had the biggest bounty on his head out of anyone else in the Caribbean by the British.... So why on Earth would he suddenly out of the blue just turn himself in to British forces?

'Something is going on....' Dalt thought to himself.

He instructed his first mate to handle the unloading of the ship before he made his way into Port Royal. He was late for his meeting, and what he had seen would have been of great interest to his business partner.

========================================================================

"What the effing f*ck took you so long?" - Imabench said, clearing off the table of empty rum bottles as Daltonian took his seat.
"My apologies, I got held up" - Dalt said
"It's bad policy for one pirate lord to keep another pirate lord waiting for no good reason Dalt, Im already almost pissed drunk" - Imabench said begrudgingly, whipping out another bottle of rum. "So what held you up?" Ima added.

"Well, I saw something I never, ever thought I would see just now" - Dalt
"She-males aint that rare Dalt, ive unfortunately had my fair share of encounters with em" - Ima
"No not that... I witnessed Airmax turn himself in to British authorities" - Dalt

Ima immediately spat out the rum he had just taken a huge swig of and imemdiately sat forward in his chair. "The f*** do you mean Airmax turned himself in?" Ima asked, bewildered.

Dalt shook his head. "I havent the faintest idea. The man pulled up to that huge British warship under construction, fired on it twice, pulled into harbor, and then just surrendered, just like that...." - Dalt said, before going on into more explicit detail of what he and everyone else in the harbor had witnessed.

Imabench listened on in joy. If there was one person in the entire Caribbean, in the entire WORLD, who he hated and could not stand, it was Airmax. Airmax had an extensive history of thwarting Imabench's efforts to pirating against the Spanish. Every treasure fleet that was making its way back to Spain that Imabench tried to attack, Airmax drove him off. Every time Imabench had fully repaired his ship after battle, Airmax was the one who would almost send it to the bottom of the sea. Imabench was even convinced that every fine whore he had slept with had slept with Airmax first, so hearing the news that Airmax had surrendered himself to the British and would likely face the death penalty was the best news he could have heard that year.

Dalt though was far more concerned and worried then he was happy. Airmax had thwarted his efforts just as much as he had for Ima, but Dalt was more concerned over the possible motive for Airmax to do such a thing then to celebrate the actions, and Dalt wanted to find out why.

"Ima, this doesnt add up, Airmax wouldnt just turn himself in to the British like this..." - Dalt
"Who cares mate? This is the best news ever! The sea is now basically ours for the taking!" - Ima
"Arent you the least bit curious as to why he would do something like this?" - Dalt
"A little sure, but maybe he's just gone mad...." - Ima
"No its not that. Something is going on here, something big. Notorious pirates dont just turn themselves in like that." - Dalt

"What are you gonna do, ask him?.... We may be pirates for the British crown and sunk as many ships as the British Navy itself, but they aren't just gonna let us go in there and talk to Airmax. The only way to get to him would be to break in and then break him out." - Ima

"Well, then lets break him out" - Dalt
"Are you MAD??? We're BRITISH you f*ckwit.... We so much as point a cannon at that fort and we lose favor with the one country in the entire region that gives us safe haven!" - Ima
"Well how else can we break in?" - Dalt
"We AINT breaking in. Airmax wanted to turn himself in, so lets let him. Its certainly no skin off my a**. Hell we should probably be out plundering while we can now that he's not out there!" - Ima said, chugging more rum.

"Ima listen. Airmax wouldnt turn himself in to the British and face certain death if he didnt have a damn good reason for doing so...." - Dalt

Ima sighed, and then admitted he was also curious. "But what can we do about it? Its a small fort sure, but we cant be the ones who bust him out otherwise the British will put a bounty on us for breaking out the most famous Spanish pirate ever, and the Spanish and the French already hate us which means we would have nowhere else to go."

Dalt though had an idea. "Lets hire Wylted to do it. For the right price im sure we could get him to siege the fort, and he's actually in town right now."

Ima spat out his rum a second time.

"Hell no, HELL no, hell F***ING no. Not Wylted. That guy is a lunatic who cant be trusted. Even if we do offer him a huge payment, he'll just take the payment and run out of town with it!" - Ima

"Actually, I already paid him... And he's going to be engaging the fort at any moment. I'm only here to ask you to chip in for his payment." - Dalt

"You dirty f*cker" Ima said, as Dalt smirked.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:26:43 PM
Airmax sat in one of the few prison cells in the fort, there were maybe 4 total that in all could hold 20 people. Most of them were empty, but he had been given his own private cell due to his notoriety.

He toyed with his game-plan over his head over and over, like he always did to leave no room for error. He always played it safe, but what he was doing right now was easily the most dangerous and insane plan he had ever devised. Had there been any other way, he would have done it, but he didn't have any options this time...

And the British had to know.

The door creaked open, and in marched 4 people. 3 were guards, the other was Lannan13, the British Colonel who was in charge of the fort and the harbor.

Just the man he was looking for.

One of the guards opened the gate, and Airmax made note of it, watching every movement he made. The door clicked open, and Lannan and two guards strode in, Airmax sitting up straighter to look presentable.

"When I was told that Airmax had turned himself in and was in custody, I thought I was hallucinating some wonderful dream. When I found out its actually reality, I had to see you for myself." - Lannan13

"Glad to not disappoint you sir" Airmax replied in flawless English. Despite being a pirate, Airmax was more educated then 99% of anyone else in the Caribbean, and being fluent in English, Spanish, and French ha deserved him well in his endless conflicts in the high seas.

"I intend to report to my superiors that I captured you with my own men and you surrendered without a fight, so that I may get that promotion to Admiral I have chased for so long. However, you actually turned yourself in, which kind of messes up my alibi." - Lannan13

"My apologies, Colonel" - Airmax

"Why is it you turned yourself in Airmax?..... Ive heard the stories about you. They call you the hardest man to capture or kill, and you are better then any and every mercenary we've ever hired to try to get you, so why now are you suddenly just turning yourself in?" - lannan13

"That is an intriguing question, isnt it?" - Airmax replied, kicking his plan into motion. "Unfortunately my reasoning is only something that a higher ranking British official should hear, so that they may best understand the gravity of the situation...." - Airmax

"You will tell me why you turned yourself in or I shall have you hanged, with your head given to Admiral That1User upon his return to port" - Lannan13

"But then how will I corroborate your claim that you were the one who captured me almost single-handedly if i'm no longer living when he returns?" - Airmax

Lannan was thrown back by the comment, and Airmax continued, knowing he had Lannan's full attention now.

"I know something that is coming, something that for the British is very, very bad news. Something so bad, that the most lethal and notorious Spanish pirate deserted Spain just to warn the British over it. You let me tell what I know to Admiral That1, and I'll tell him that you were indeed the one who captured me. That way, you get your promotion, and the British get the warning they need to hear." - Airmax said, laying the offer on the table.

"Warning of what?" - Lannan

Airmax shook his head. "That information is for That1 and That1 only...." - Airmax stated.

Lannan13, thwarted but intrigued, then exited his cell with two guards while the third locked the door behind them.

After the door closed, Airmax counted down from 100.

Wylted debriefed his men about the plan and they set out. He could have just taken the money and ran, and he was very tempted to, but he had never been offered the chance to attack a FORT before, and he loved wreaking chaos, so he stayed true to the agreement. Dalt paid him 1/3rd of the payment in advance, and promised the other 2/3rds upon completion, and it was a hefty amount.

Then again, it was Airmax they were after, so the payment made sense

His men took up positions around the fort.

Airmax pulled out a bobby pin he kept concealed in his hair. He observed the guard closely, and after a couple minutes of tinkering with the lock, he had managed to unlock it, and he slipped out of his cell without anyone else noticing.

He quickly made his way into the hallway, stole a pistol from a seated guard, and beat him upside the head with it, knocking him out cold. He then moved along the hallway which he remembered from when he was brought into the fort, and slipped into the armory, grabbing some grenades, two pistols, and his sword. He never left anywhere without his sword.

Now armed, Airmax slipped back into the hallway and rounded a corner, where a guard leaned against a wall.

Airmax snuck up behind the guard, and picked up a small pebble. He chucked the pebble down one of the other hallways, and it skidded down the hall, making a small but concerning amount of noise to distract the guard.

The guard turned his head for a moment, but that was all Airmax needed. He slipped right past the guard and continued to make his way towards the exit, staying out of sight as he did so. He had always been very light on his feet, and always preferred speed and stealth to physical strength.

He then encountered a final guard at the exit to the fort, and he promptly produced both pistols and aimed them at the guard. As he approached, the guard took notice of him and lept to his feet, but Airmax had already caught him by surprise.

"Hey now, don't do anything you and I wont regret later..... Just open the door, and I'll be on my way, savvy?" - Airmax

The guard immediately caved, and slowly pulled the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door. The door swung open, and Airmax steadily kept both pistols pointed right at the guard as he made his way past him and towards the door.

"Tell Sir Lannan that while his fort is lovely, the decor and the theme around here simply isn't my taste, and therefore I had to leave.... I do thank him for his hospitality, but I dont want to overstay my welcome, and thus I chose to take my leave." Airmax started, as he exited the fort.

He then dashed as fast as he could away from the fort, as he needed to get the hell off the Island as soon as he could. His crew were anchored on the other side of the Island, and he would have to get to it quickly if he was going to flee before the British fleet roared down on him. Now that the British knew (hopefully) that something very very bad is heading their way, and that it may be coming from the Spanish, they may preemptively act before the Spanish could carry out the plan.

He had made it all the way to the bushes where he was greeted by a rude welcoming party.

Wylted's men, who were about to storm the fort, had their prize fall right into their lap for them, completing the easiest search + rescue mission ever.

"Oh..." - Airmax said, as Wylted's men all trained their guns and swords him.

They snickered and laughed, and Wylted emerged from the bushes. A pirate loyal to no nation, Wylted was a true pirate whose loyalty lied with gold, and battle.

"Captain Airmax..... I see you have met my crew.... Dont get too cozy though, you'll soon be spending time with Imabench and Daltonian....." - Wylted

Wylted then quickly led Airmax and his men to his ship, where he would sail out and hand Airmax to Ima and Dalt at sea, as Dalt had arranged.

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:44:48 PM
im not in it 0/10

but srsly, good job. The subtle references to the community, like "Airmax had an extensive history of thwarting Imabench's efforts", were done really well and super funny,
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:47:05 PM
At 3/23/2015 5:44:48 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
im not in it 0/10

but srsly, good job. The subtle references to the community, like "Airmax had an extensive history of thwarting Imabench's efforts", were done really well and super funny,

Yeah I thought people would get a kick out of that XD

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 7:50:06 PM
At 3/23/2015 7:37:11 PM, Geographia wrote:
Did you just meh yet own poll?

I hope not o_O

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 7:50:28 PM
At 3/23/2015 7:45:59 PM, RevNge wrote:
What I don't understand is how That1 is at a higher military rank than Lannan...

Part of the plan

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 8:47:20 PM
Man, can't wait to give my feedback when your PM starts.

Freakin loved this man. I don't know yet if I like this better than DDO walking dead but it's definitely more hillarious. Airmax saying 'savvy?' cracked me up. And I second Seventh's point on Airmax always getting in the way of Imabench's plan XD.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:09:23 PM
At 3/23/2015 8:38:16 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
The fvck?
I defended you man!

You become a main character in season 2 dont worry.

Season 2:

11 - Mikal
12 - Endarkened
13 - YamaVonKarma
14 - AngelofDeath
15 - Ore_Ele

Season 3:

16 - Xlav
17 - Beginner
18 - Jonbonbon
19 - SeventhProfessor
20 - Daytonanerd

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 2:28:46 AM
I really liked the dialogue. It's strong and flows nicely. You've got a good sense of pacing and info dumping (about the world) in your dialogues.

Example:
"Why is it you turned yourself in Airmax?..... Ive heard the stories about you. They call you the hardest man to capture or kill, and you are better then any and every mercenary we've ever hired to try to get you, so why now are you suddenly just turning yourself in?"

I also liked the personalities of the characters a lot like Imabench. In fact, his personality shines so much that for me he's the most interesting character right now.

I found this quote hillarious:
"Hey now, don't do anything you and I wont regret later..... Just open the door, and I'll be on my way, savvy?" - Airmax

I also liked the direction of the plot and where this story is going. I really liked DDO The Walking Dead Uprising so I'm really looking forward to this one.

The one thing I felt could have been improved are some of the characters. I would like to know more about them in the next chapter. The character that is most relatable and likeable to me is Imabench and I would like to know more about Dalt and Airmax. But that's a minor thing since this is only the first chapter.

Overall, a really good introduction to what looks to be a great series! I'm looking forward to the thrills and sheer orgasmic joy this time around since I loved Pirates of the Caribbean when I was a kid.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:52:22 AM
This was really, really good.

The story was really well balanced, having aspects of humor and seriousness. It also had a balance between action and detail. Often, writers sacrifice one for the other, but I am so very glad that you have not. The story was humorous and clever in it's dialogue, yet Daltonian's concerns were realistic and considerate. I could truly see in mind the story, every detail was in there, like a complete puzzle, and Airmax' escape from the fort was exciting, and had me on the edge of my seat while reading it.

Another thing about the story I really liked was the flow. Some stories like to "rabbit-hop", in the sense that they have many small POV's, but this one was not overcrowded and broken apart, and even when you did go to the next POV, the story continued to flow like a river. Excellent job on that.

A couple small things did bother me.

First, when there was dialogue, you simply wrote down the speaker's name beside it. An example of that is like the argument between Dalt and Ima.

"Ima, this doesnt add up, Airmax wouldnt just turn himself in to the British like this..." - Dalt
"Who cares mate? This is the best news ever! The sea is now basically ours for the taking!" - Ima

Instead of just putting down their names, perhaps you could add some more emotion in those sentences, as I am pretty confident that they are human pirates, not robot pirates.

The other thing is that the end felt anti-climactic. When it ended, it just left me on "huh?" It didn't feel over.

But besides those two criticisms, I am hooked. Can't wait for episode two!

DarthKirones.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 10:34:34 AM
*noted*

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 10:37:55 AM
This isn't getting enough attention it deserves.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 10:42:14 AM
At 3/26/2015 10:37:55 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
This isn't getting enough attention it deserves.

Its episode one, I wouldnt be too worried.

Once people start getting killed it will get more attention im sure

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 1:13:32 PM
At 3/23/2015 10:09:23 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:38:16 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
The fvck?
I defended you man!

You become a main character in season 2 dont worry.

Season 2:

11 - Mikal
12 - Endarkened
13 - YamaVonKarma
14 - AngelofDeath
15 - Ore_Ele

Season 3:

16 - Xlav
17 - Beginner
18 - Jonbonbon
19 - SeventhProfessor
20 - Daytonanerd

I better be the Big Bad at the end.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 12:31:00 PM
just bumping this so that when ep 2 comes out later today people will sorta remember where we left off

DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:44:49 AM
At 4/13/2015 12:31:00 PM, imabench wrote:
just bumping this so that when ep 2 comes out later today people will sorta remember where we left off

F*ck! Did you get banned AGAIN?!?
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax