Jump to topic:

DDO's popularity fading?

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 11:04:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Before there were lots of users but now there's only few.Is this true? And why is that?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 11:06:16 AM
At 3/29/2015 11:04:46 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Before there were lots of users but now there's only few.Is this true? And why is that?

It feels that way to me also. I think it has something to do with Obama and net neutrality, but don't ask me why, they just seem to be behind all my problems.
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 11:45:31 AM
Nah. I think it is just a new generation of users who are less forum-centered
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:01:56 PM
Before there were lots of users but now there's only few.Is this true?

No, its not true at all.

And why is that?

The opinions and polls section have been bringing in more off-site traffic than ever. If you want to see a debate site that has a popularity problem, head over to edeb8
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:05:59 PM
This is by no means the case. We just have lost some of the old guards that were forum centered, and picked up an entire user base that is different entirely. Some centered around polls, some in the forums, some in debates.

If anything statistics show that more people are using the site now, than when it started by nearly 50 percent if I remember maxes post correctly
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:09:02 PM
At 3/29/2015 12:01:56 PM, imabench wrote:
Before there were lots of users but now there's only few.Is this true?

No, its not true at all.

And why is that?

The opinions and polls section have been bringing in more off-site traffic than ever. If you want to see a debate site that has a popularity problem, head over to edeb8

Remember when I made a similar forum post (or advanced a similar opinion) to this two years ago? lol!

There's more people now than when we joined.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:12:19 PM

Have you created a new account, or are you basing this on your three week experence?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:15:36 PM
At 3/29/2015 12:12:19 PM, TBR wrote:

Have you created a new account, or are you basing this on your three week experence?

LOL
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:26:42 PM

Holy sh*t! You called the alt out in no time flat.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:47:52 PM
I would like to see more people in the forums. I do try to do my part behind the scenes by being an informal ambassador to some new people. I am constantly an ambassador to a small group of them, I don't try to shape their behavior, just become friendly. I perhaps should encourage them to atleast say hi in the forums.
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:57:20 PM

^
anything your heart desires
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:00:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:07:16 PM
There is a very popular political forum I have spend time at nearly every day for about 12 years. Yes, it has changed over time. It goes through different cycles, and at each cycle there are people saying how wonderful the last cycle was, and that the new one sucks. That's just how it happens. Some people feel that way because they don't like change, others wanting to prove they are elders.

On a technical forum I spent a good deal of time on, one day in a off-topic conversation I insulted every Catholic and a good deal of Christians by not expressing condolences for the dead pope. I had been on the forum since... "the early days", and when uses balked saying "this is not who we are <blah><blah>" my first reaction was who are THEY to tell ME what this site is. Then I though about it, they were completely right. Not about the pope, but that they had every right to tell me what the community should look like. User longevity give some privileged, but not a club. New(ish) members get to build the community they want too.

TBR
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:20:58 PM
It's not just the forums some polls barely even get votes and Asians are not in this site anymore I think me and a few others are the only people who live in Asia left.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:22:14 PM

I used my brother account a little more than a year ago.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:23:54 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:40:05 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
DDO is a lot more popular than it was just two years ago

But two years ago people were more active.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:26:43 PM
At 3/29/2015 9:23:54 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 3/29/2015 1:40:05 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
DDO is a lot more popular than it was just two years ago

But two years ago people were more active.

That's BS
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:29:25 PM
At 3/29/2015 9:22:14 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:

I used my *brother's account a little more than a year ago.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:32:25 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:00:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

What's an adage?
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:32:48 PM
At 3/29/2015 9:32:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/29/2015 1:00:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

What's an adage?

#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 9:55:15 PM
At 3/29/2015 9:20:58 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
It's not just the forums some polls barely even get votes and Asians are not in this site anymore I think me and a few others are the only people who live in Asia left.

What the heck do Asians have to do with this??? Just because there are less of them doesn't mean that there are less people joining DDO elsewhere....

Plus, the polls section is just as active as ever. Even if it weren't it could just be the fact that the questions are uninteresting. Don't blame it on the nonexistent loss of DDO users.
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 10:07:04 PM
At 3/29/2015 9:55:15 PM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

What the heck do Asians have to do with this??? Just because there are less of them doesn't mean that there are less people joining DDO elsewhere....

Plus, the polls section is just as active as ever. Even if it weren't it could just be the fact that the questions are uninteresting. Don't blame it on the nonexistent loss of DDO users.

There were polls that got a hundred votes. And there are alot of users but not active ones.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 10:12:59 PM
Also there seems to be a new trend lots of people are making goodbye forums.(granted they're sill here but they still wanted to leave.)

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 10:13:52 PM
At 3/29/2015 10:12:59 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Also there seems to be a new trend lots of people are making goodbye forums.(granted they're sill here but they still wanted to leave.)

That always happens.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 10:25:15 PM

Dam!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:39:13 AM
At 3/29/2015 10:07:04 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 3/29/2015 9:55:15 PM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

There were polls that got a hundred votes.

That doesn't change anything about it. Simply because there were polls like that doesn't mean we aren't active in the polls. That evidence is selective and subjective because they are only some of the cases here.

And there are alot of users but not active ones.

That isn't the case. Recently we have had a big flow of new DDO users come in and actually stay. Bluesteel once estimated in the past that we have about 200 users online usually (If my memory isn't messed up). The demographics state we have 319 users online currently at the time of writing, which is more than a 50% increase in users online.
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu