Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

profiles with purple circles

Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:54:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi everyone, have you missed me? (probably not....)

anyway since I have started using DDO again I have notice a lot of the profile picts of different users are the same purple circle. does this signify something? what does the purple circle represent? are their team debates going on where people on the same team must have the same profile picture? is it some kind of gay rights or cancer or autism awareness type fad everyone is trying to be a part of?

is it in silent protest of a banned member they respected who had that as their profile image? does it signify an awarded status for those with a particular Elo score? or who are in a 'finished X number of debates' club? or is a lame mafia game tactic designed to confuse the townies or the mafia or the cult third parties?

I could keep going on forever with my ability to speculate if nobody stops me

I'm just curious and I'm sure somebody must know here somewhere. If your profile is a purple circle on a white background please comment and tell me why and what it's all about.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:57:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The purple circle is DDO's new gender-neutral default avatar.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 11:55:25 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 11:54:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
Who now?

well this debater has it
http://www.debate.org...

this debater used to before they forfeit their last round with me
http://www.debate.org...

and these all these people....
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:01:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 11:57:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
The purple circle is DDO's new gender-neutral default avatar.

okay thanks. so if they have a purple circle they are a new member then.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:02:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 11:55:25 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 11:54:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
Who now?

well this debater has it
http://www.debate.org...

this debater used to before they forfeit their last round with me
http://www.debate.org...

and these all these people....
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

I mean who are you, lol.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:05:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:01:00 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 11:57:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
The purple circle is DDO's new gender-neutral default avatar.

okay thanks. so if they have a purple circle they are a new member then.

Or they just are using the default avatar, yes.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:05:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:02:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM, Marauder wrote:

I mean who are you, lol.

I'm just a member who was active on DDO over a year ago, mostly in the religion forums and mafia games.

so nobody i guess.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:09:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:05:06 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:02:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM, Marauder wrote:

I mean who are you, lol.

I'm just a member who was active on DDO over a year ago, mostly in the religion forums and mafia games.

so nobody i guess.

*chokes*

RELIGION FORUM?

http://www.reactiongifs.com...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:12:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:09:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:05:06 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:02:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM, Marauder wrote:

I mean who are you, lol.

I'm just a member who was active on DDO over a year ago, mostly in the religion forums and mafia games.

so nobody i guess.

*chokes*

RELIGION FORUM?

http://www.reactiongifs.com...

this place http://www.debate.org...

I'm just sticking with debates for now though as I ease back into DDO.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:12:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:12:01 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:09:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:05:06 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:02:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM, Marauder wrote:

I mean who are you, lol.

I'm just a member who was active on DDO over a year ago, mostly in the religion forums and mafia games.

so nobody i guess.

*chokes*

RELIGION FORUM?

http://www.reactiongifs.com...

this place http://www.debate.org...

I'm just sticking with debates for now though as I ease back into DDO.

OH DEAR GOD

WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME GO THERE

AWH GOD I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE T_T
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:13:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:12:55 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:01 PM, Marauder wrote:

this place http://www.debate.org...

I'm just sticking with debates for now though as I ease back into DDO.

OH DEAR GOD

WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME GO THERE

AWH GOD I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE T_T

oooookaaaaayyyy.................
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:16:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:13:49 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:55 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:01 PM, Marauder wrote:

this place http://www.debate.org...

I'm just sticking with debates for now though as I ease back into DDO.

OH DEAR GOD

WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME GO THERE

AWH GOD I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE T_T

oooookaaaaayyyy.................

For the record, I know what the Religion Forum is, lol. I just think it's currently a demented forum section, although it might have not been that way in the past.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:18:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:05:06 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:02:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:00:09 PM, Marauder wrote:

I mean who are you, lol.

I'm just a member who was active on DDO over a year ago, mostly in the religion forums and mafia games.

so nobody i guess.

The ruh-ruh-ruh-Religion Forum?!?!?!
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:20:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That horrid place should be nuked. That's like the only thing that I and imabench agree on.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:21:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:20:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
That horrid place should be nuked. That's like the only thing that I and imabench agree on.

A nuke is too good for them. They must suffer.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:21:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:16:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:13:49 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:55 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:01 PM, Marauder wrote:

this place http://www.debate.org...

I'm just sticking with debates for now though as I ease back into DDO.

OH DEAR GOD

WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME GO THERE

AWH GOD I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE T_T

oooookaaaaayyyy.................

For the record, I know what the Religion Forum is, lol. I just think it's currently a demented forum section, although it might have not been that way in the past.

Rev, take a breath. You're being weird.

@Marauder: Welcome back. As one of the (probably few) people who remembers you from when you were last here, it's nice to see you back.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:22:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:21:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:16:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:13:49 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:55 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:12:01 PM, Marauder wrote:

this place http://www.debate.org...

I'm just sticking with debates for now though as I ease back into DDO.

OH DEAR GOD

WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME GO THERE

AWH GOD I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE T_T

oooookaaaaayyyy.................

For the record, I know what the Religion Forum is, lol. I just think it's currently a demented forum section, although it might have not been that way in the past.

Rev, take a breath. You're being weird.

But it's the...you know...forum...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:22:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:21:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:20:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
That horrid place should be nuked. That's like the only thing that I and imabench agree on.

A nuke is too good for them. They must suffer.

Well then, Chemical Weapons, probably a 30ppm VX agent.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:25:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:22:36 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:21:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:20:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
That horrid place should be nuked. That's like the only thing that I and imabench agree on.

A nuke is too good for them. They must suffer.

Well then, Chemical Weapons, probably a 30ppm VX agent.

I might just use something Nazi like Zyklon B just to piss Yama off as a package deal.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:27:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:25:53 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:22:36 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:21:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:20:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
That horrid place should be nuked. That's like the only thing that I and imabench agree on.

A nuke is too good for them. They must suffer.

Well then, Chemical Weapons, probably a 30ppm VX agent.

I might just use something Nazi like Zyklon B just to piss Yama off as a package deal.

Nah, no need to piss him off. We can just throw him in the Religion Forum when we do it. And use 30ppm VX, that stuff is nasty.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:28:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:27:58 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:25:53 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:22:36 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:21:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:20:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
That horrid place should be nuked. That's like the only thing that I and imabench agree on.

A nuke is too good for them. They must suffer.

Well then, Chemical Weapons, probably a 30ppm VX agent.

I might just use something Nazi like Zyklon B just to piss Yama off as a package deal.

Nah, no need to piss him off. We can just throw him in the Religion Forum when we do it. And use 30ppm VX, that stuff is nasty.

All right, if you say so.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:14:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 12:21:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:

@Marauder: Welcome back. As one of the (probably few) people who remembers you from when you were last here, it's nice to see you back.

Thanks. Its good to see your still here :)

Are their many people left from way back then? Or are all the active members today ones I've never heard of?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:34:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 7:14:36 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:21:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:

@Marauder: Welcome back. As one of the (probably few) people who remembers you from when you were last here, it's nice to see you back.

Thanks. Its good to see your still here :)

Are their many people left from way back then? Or are all the active members today ones I've never heard of?

There's still plenty of older people I'm sure you'd recognize around. Bluesteel, F-16, even Blackvoid's popped back in. And off course all of the people (err, most of the people) from when I came into the picture are still around. So there's plenty of familiar faces for you.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:56:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 7:14:36 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:21:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:

@Marauder: Welcome back. As one of the (probably few) people who remembers you from when you were last here, it's nice to see you back.

Thanks. Its good to see your still here :)

Are their many people left from way back then? Or are all the active members today ones I've never heard of?

Welcome back.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:06:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 11:54:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
Hi everyone, have you missed me? (probably not....)

anyway since I have started using DDO again I have notice a lot of the profile picts of different users are the same purple circle. does this signify something? what does the purple circle represent? are their team debates going on where people on the same team must have the same profile picture? is it some kind of gay rights or cancer or autism awareness type fad everyone is trying to be a part of?

is it in silent protest of a banned member they respected who had that as their profile image? does it signify an awarded status for those with a particular Elo score? or who are in a 'finished X number of debates' club? or is a lame mafia game tactic designed to confuse the townies or the mafia or the cult third parties?

I could keep going on forever with my ability to speculate if nobody stops me

I'm just curious and I'm sure somebody must know here somewhere. If your profile is a purple circle on a white background please comment and tell me why and what it's all about.

Hey, welcome back, it's great to see you around again.

To answer your question, as some have said, it's the gender neutral default picture for new members.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,092
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:09:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 11:54:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
Hi everyone, have you missed me? (probably not....)

anyway since I have started using DDO again I have notice a lot of the profile picts of different users are the same purple circle. does this signify something? what does the purple circle represent? are their team debates going on where people on the same team must have the same profile picture? is it some kind of gay rights or cancer or autism awareness type fad everyone is trying to be a part of?

is it in silent protest of a banned member they respected who had that as their profile image? does it signify an awarded status for those with a particular Elo score? or who are in a 'finished X number of debates' club? or is a lame mafia game tactic designed to confuse the townies or the mafia or the cult third parties?

I could keep going on forever with my ability to speculate if nobody stops me

I'm just curious and I'm sure somebody must know here somewhere. If your profile is a purple circle on a white background please comment and tell me why and what it's all about.

Welcome back! I think I remember seeing you posting around the time I joined. Anyway, mafia has really developed since then to a live form, which everyone should join right now:

https://plus.google.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:12:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 7:14:36 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/30/2015 12:21:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:

@Marauder: Welcome back. As one of the (probably few) people who remembers you from when you were last here, it's nice to see you back.

Thanks. Its good to see your still here :)

Are their many people left from way back then? Or are all the active members today ones I've never heard of?

I think i remember you
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.