What can I improve?

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 12:13:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What can I improve in this debate?
http://www.debate.org... Please vote and tell me what I can improve on and why.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:14:05 AM
At 3/31/2015 12:13:34 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
What can I improve in this debate?
http://www.debate.org... Please vote and tell me what I can improve on and why.

You can start by not making resolutions that are so absolutist.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:14:51 AM
You basically lost that debate, before it started. I haven't read the debate, to give any other advice though.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:18:41 AM
Okay I just read the first round. Your entire argument is made up of ancdotes. That is something that can be a good piece of rhetoric for certain audiences, but it rarely works in debates. Using an anecdote to supplement an argument is fine but for your entire argument to be made up of anecdotal evidence is bad.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:21:55 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:18:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
Okay I just read the first round. Your entire argument is made up of ancdotes. That is something that can be a good piece of rhetoric for certain audiences, but it rarely works in debates. Using an anecdote to supplement an argument is fine but for your entire argument to be made up of anecdotal evidence is bad.

Oh, umm someone PMed me already saying nearly the same thing.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:24:19 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:21:55 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Spamming sources is a waste of space. If a source is of good quality, you only need one, and 5 sources of low quality don't make up for not having a good source.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:24:39 AM

Who?
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:26:55 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:24:39 AM, Wylted wrote:

Who?

Tejretics. He said what you said and told me to read your guide.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:28:27 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:24:19 AM, Wylted wrote:

Spamming sources is a waste of space. If a source is of good quality, you only need one, and 5 sources of low quality don't make up for not having a good source.

Sources and conduct are my specialties and argument making grammar and spelling are my weaknesses.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:30:01 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:26:55 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Who?

The guide is satire. It is not untrue, but it is satire. I'll send you a link if you need one, but there are better ways to learn.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:31:38 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:28:27 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:24:19 AM, Wylted wrote:

Sources and conduct are my specialties and argument making grammar and spelling are my weaknesses.

Grammer and spelling are my weaknesses as well. I am getting better with it since I am going back to school and it feels like my knuckles are being hit with a ruler, when my teacher points out a mistake in S&G.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:32:20 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:30:01 AM, Wylted wrote:

Who?

The guide is satire. It is not untrue, but it is satire. I'll send you a link if you need one, but there are better ways to learn.

I know that's why I signed up to Zaradi's mentoring and I made this forum.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:34:49 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:32:20 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:30:01 AM, Wylted wrote:

Who?

I know that's why I signed up to Zaradi's mentoring and I made this forum.

Always bump my old threads when you read them, thanks.