DDO weekly rant/rage thread

Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:27:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Weekly rant/rage thread

HI, I WANTED TO CONTRIBUTE A LITTLE CONTENT TO DDO SO I MADE THIS.

WELCOME TO THE WEEKLY RAGE THREAD, WHERE YOU CAN COME EVERY WEEK AND RANT ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY. NEXT WEEK I'LL MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR WEEK 2 RAGES.
FOLLOW THESE RULES:
1. PRESS THE CAPSLOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD
2. WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY
3. TRY NOT TO VIOLATE TERMS OF USE, BUT FEEL FREE TO RANT ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CALL STUPID PEOPLE STUPID
4. OTHER MEMBERS WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS
5. SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG RELATIONAL BOND IN THE DEBATE.ORG COMMUNITY
6. ???
7. PROFIT
RANT TRENDS :

1. DILOS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF DDO (FINALLY REMOVED)
2. AIRMAX SUX http://www.debate.org...
3. nac http://www.debate.org...
4. JUSTICE FOR 2001 BHU http://www.debate.org...
5. OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST http://www.debate.org...
6. FORFEITS (YOU CAN FIND THEM ON 90% OF THE DEBATES)
7. FEEL FREE TO RANT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT'S BOTHERING YOU

HAVE FUN!!!
Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:37:30 AM
I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW GLAD I AM THAT THE DEBATES THAT GET THE MOST RAGE COMMENTS END UP ON THE FRONT PAGE. IT LEADS TO THE UNWANTED AND LEAST INTELELCTUAL DEBATES BEING FEATURED TO NEW MEMBERS. GOOD JOB JUGGLE!
nac
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:08:55 AM
At 3/31/2015 7:37:30 AM, Arcanas wrote:
I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW GLAD I AM THAT THE DEBATES THAT GET THE MOST RAGE COMMENTS END UP ON THE FRONT PAGE. IT LEADS TO THE UNWANTED AND LEAST INTELELCTUAL DEBATES BEING FEATURED TO NEW MEMBERS. GOOD JOB JUGGLE!
nac

Don't use all caps it is ignorant.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:10:44 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:08:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
nac

You should have said it like this:

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS. IT IS IGNORANT.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:12:58 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:10:44 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
nac

Not even remotely funny. I take this stuff seriously. One of the best things juggle did was to make it harder to post like that. Now Airmax just needs to support them by banning people who write like that.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:16:40 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:12:58 AM, Wylted wrote:
nac

Not even remotely funny. I take this stuff seriously. One of the best things juggle did was to make it harder to post like that. Now Airmax just needs to support them by banning people who write like that.

I guess it was a poor attempt at humor; I agree with you that writing in all caps is unnecessary. That is why we can bold, underline, or italicize words; to add emphasis that way.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:19:33 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:16:40 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:12:58 AM, Wylted wrote:
nac

I guess it was a poor attempt at humor; I agree with you that writing in all caps is unnecessary. That is why we can bold, underline, or italicize words; to add emphasis that way.

My rant is over. Have a good day
Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:21:36 AM
nac

How is it ignorant?
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:24:09 AM
I HATE HOW PEOPLE ASSUME THAT I SUCK AT MAFIA BECAUSE I HAVEN"T PLAYED A GAME BEFORE, BUT ACTUALLY I AM GOOD AT BLUFFING AND DO EXTREMELY WELL AT GAMES LIKE THAT.

I HATE HOW PEOPLE AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT BHU AND I ARE ALTS WHEN WE ARE JUST FRIENDS AND THERE IS ABOUT A MILLION INSTANCES WHERE IT IS PROVED THAT WE ARE NOT ALTS.

I feel like we really bonded there.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:26:25 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:21:36 AM, Arcanas wrote:
nac

How is it ignorant?

It makes people look stupid, and not get their threads read or any thing they say taken seriously in the future. It makes comprehension harder, which is rude and it distracts from what is being said.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:28:08 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:24:09 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
I HATE HOW PEOPLE ASSUME THAT I SUCK AT MAFIA BECAUSE I HAVEN"T PLAYED A GAME BEFORE, BUT ACTUALLY I AM GOOD AT BLUFFING AND DO EXTREMELY WELL AT GAMES LIKE THAT.

I HATE HOW PEOPLE AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT BHU AND I ARE ALTS WHEN WE ARE JUST FRIENDS AND THERE IS ABOUT A MILLION INSTANCES WHERE IT IS PROVED THAT WE ARE NOT ALTS.

So in order for you not to be an alt, we'd have to be willing to believe that somebody is desperate enough to have BHU as a friend?

I'll go with Occam's Razor on this one.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:28:33 AM

Here is something you can do about that: play a game of Mafia.

Can't help you here...

Suh dude

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:30:22 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:28:33 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I'm currently playing one

Can't help you here...
I understand, I'm just doing this rant for the lolz.

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:31:22 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:30:22 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:28:33 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I'm currently playing one
Well, good, then.

Can't help you here...
I understand, I'm just doing this rant for the lolz.

Suh dude

Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:36:22 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:26:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
nac

How is it ignorant?

It makes people look stupid, and not get their threads read or any thing they say taken seriously in the future.
That's if you assume that everyone who types in all caps is stupid. In addition, you have to believe that when they do it on a joke rage thread that people will assume they are seriously angry enough to type in all caps, which is completely ridiculous.
It makes comprehension harder, which is rude and it distracts from what is being said.

If this was a discussion on an actual issue I might agree with you. However, like I said earlier, this really doesn't apply to a joke rage/rant thread.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:38:54 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:36:22 AM, Arcanas wrote:
nac

How is it ignorant?

It makes people look stupid, and not get their threads read or any thing they say taken seriously in the future.
That's if you assume that everyone who types in all caps is stupid. In addition, you have to believe that when they do it on a joke rage thread that people will assume they are seriously angry enough to type in all caps, which is completely ridiculous.
It makes comprehension harder, which is rude and it distracts from what is being said.

If this was a discussion on an actual issue I might agree with you. However, like I said earlier, this really doesn't apply to a joke rage/rant thread.

The thread would have been great without all caps. Caps can be used to make a great thread dumb. Sorry, to inform you of this. Most other people, the people you are seeking attention from will likely agree with me.
2001bhu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:43:03 AM
nac

lol
Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:46:03 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:38:54 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:36:22 AM, Arcanas wrote:
nac

How is it ignorant?

The thread would have been great without all caps. Caps can be used to make a great thread dumb. Sorry, to inform you of this.
How does it make it dumb? If everyone knows it is a joke (Extremely obvious) then the fact that people are typing in all caps means nothing. Again, it isn't all caps on a serious issue.
Most other people, the people you are seeking attention from will likely agree with me.

Obvious bandwagon fallacy. The popularity of an idea has no bearing on its validity.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:50:25 AM
It is not a bandwagon fallacy. I assumed you were trying to win favor from the DDO Elite (which my latest black hat guide covers). If in fact this was a fun thread not meant to gain favor with the DDO elite and instead you were trying to win favor with Butterz and BHU, than I offer my apologies.
Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:54:35 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:50:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
It is not a bandwagon fallacy. I assumed you were trying to win favor from the DDO Elite (which my latest black hat guide covers). If in fact this was a fun thread not meant to gain favor with the DDO elite and instead you were trying to win favor with Butterz and BHU, than I offer my apologies.

You never actually responded (Provided any reasoning) for your first point.

It is a bandwagon fallacy if you attempt to convince people that because people agree with you, your stance is correct, then it is an appeal to popularity by definition.

Why assume I was trying to "win the favor" of some specific group on DDO? I just made a thread I thought would be funny.
Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:57:37 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:54:35 AM, Arcanas wrote:

It is a bandwagon fallacy. if you attempt to convince people that because people agree with you, your stance is correct, then it is an appeal to popularity by definition.

Why assume I was trying to "win the favor" of some specific group on DDO? I just made a thread I thought would be funny.

Meant to put a period after fallacy. On mobile sorry.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:58:37 AM
It is not a bandwagon fallacy. I assumed you were trying to win favor from the DDO Elite (which my latest black hat guide covers). If in fact this was a fun thread not meant to gain favor with the DDO elite and instead you were trying to win favor with Butter and BHU, than I offer my apologies.

There is no Z

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:59:54 AM

It is a bandwagon fallacy if you attempt to convince people that because people agree with you, your stance is correct, then it is an appeal to popularity by definition.

The way I used it is not a bandwagon fallacy, because I wasn't arguing against the accuracy of the statement. I was merely pointing out, that the people you intended to impress with it won't be impressed. I did presuppose that you intended the intention of the DDO elite, so I may be wrong there. Maybe your target audience includes what we refer to as the armpit of DDO.

I thought you read my latest black hat guide and was attempting to become legendary.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:00:40 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:58:37 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
It is not a bandwagon fallacy. I assumed you were trying to win favor from the DDO Elite (which my latest black hat guide covers). If in fact this was a fun thread not meant to gain favor with the DDO elite and instead you were trying to win favor with Butter and BHU, than I offer my apologies.

There is no Z

I disagree
Arcanas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:14:06 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:59:54 AM, Wylted wrote:

The way I used it is not a bandwagon fallacy, because I wasn't arguing against the accuracy of the statement. I was merely pointing out, that the people you intended to impress with it won't be impressed. I did presuppose that you intended the intention of the DDO elite, so I may be wrong there. Maybe your target audience includes what we refer to as the armpit of DDO.
I didn't tailor it towards a specific audience at all. I just thought the idea was funny and made a thread on DDO. There was no indication that it was tailored towards the "DDO Elite" (lol). You used the idea that you think they would agree with you to support the notion that it shouldn't be in all caps, which is bandwagon. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
If you didn't mean it to be bandwagon then you shouldn't have tried to use it as evidence for your first point.

I thought you read my latest black hat guide and was attempting to become legendary.
Nope.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:14:37 AM
nac

I FiNd It AmUsIng tHaT a sElf DeClArEd sAtInIc dEcIpLe would cOmPlAiN AbOuT PeOpLe wRiTiNG In aLL cApS. LoL
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:18:39 AM
At 3/31/2015 9:14:06 AM, Arcanas wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:59:54 AM, Wylted wrote:

I didn't tailor it towards a specific audience at all. I just thought the idea was funny and made a thread on DDO. There was no indication that it was tailored towards the "DDO Elite" (lol). You used the idea that you think they would agree with you to support the notion that it shouldn't be in all caps, which is bandwagon. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
If you didn't mean it to be bandwagon then you shouldn't have tried to use it as evidence for your first point.

Nope.

Are you really this dense? I didn't use that logical fallacy, because I didn't say something was true as a result of popularity. It is simple that fallacy was not used.

Jesus Christ, if you are this sense why did you even bother going out of your way to challenge me to a debate?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:20:50 AM
At 3/31/2015 9:14:37 AM, johnlubba wrote:
nac

I FiNd It AmUsIng tHaT a sElf DeClArEd sAtInIc dEcIpLe would cOmPlAiN AbOuT PeOpLe wRiTiNG In aLL cApS. LoL

Satanists don't condone stupidity. They tend to hold an elitist POV, so obviously somebody showing their IQ through not knowing properly how to use the caps button would be offensive.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:22:55 AM
At 3/31/2015 9:20:50 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/31/2015 9:14:37 AM, johnlubba wrote:
nac

Satanists don't condone stupidity. They tend to hold an elitist POV, so obviously somebody showing their IQ through not knowing properly how to use the caps button would be offensive.

Fair play.