Jump to topic:

Noob of the Year Awards signups

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:26:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Recommend any noob or category for the awards and people will vote on them to determine who will win the award.
These are my recommendations, all will be chosen by a set board of deciders. Please give reasons for recommendations.
Categories:
Voting noob: 2001bhu(19 votes removed)
polls noob: Heil(holodmor)
overall mafia noob: 2001bhu(isn't it obvious)
Educational noob: 2001bhu(ocelots,educational,mafia,need I say more)
Best noob mafia death: ButterCatx (was killed by killing someone)
Most hated noob:2001bhu
Most hared by Mods:
Noob of the year: ButterCatX (joined church of NAC, believed in bhu, is friends with bhu, got one vote removed for no reason and had voting privileges removed)
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:26:41 PM
This is under ddo, because it encompasses all of ddo.

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

2001bhu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:34:26 PM
At 4/1/2015 12:26:10 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
Recommend any noob or category for the awards and people will vote on them to determine who will win the award.
These are my recommendations, all will be chosen by a set board of deciders. Please give reasons for recommendations.
Categories:
Voting noob:
2001bhu, got one vote removed for no reason and had voting privileges removed)
2001bhu: I think I would be a prime canidate Look here as bluesteel explains:

Normally, we don't make our moderator statistics public. If a user has voted badly and does not want that made public, they can choose not to have attention drawn to themselves. But this post merits a response and some light shined on mod policies.

Key facts:

(1) 2001bhu has already had his privileges suspended once before. The reason was for having 4 votes removed and then vote bombing the moderator 6 times in retaliation for removing those votes.

(2) Given the egregious nature of the conduct, 2001bhu was given a 2 week suspension and asked to prove he could leave sufficient RFDs by voting in the comments section of debates. He sent me links to three debates where he did this; on two of them, his votes would not have passed moderator review.

(3) 2001bhu sent me 5-20 messages on a daily basis harassing me to give him his privileges back. That's why he was ultimately blocked and airmax became his primary contact person. My profile remains open to everyone though. You can see he has resumed this behavior in my profile comments. These two threads he has started are typical of the messages I would receive on a daily basis.

(4) Airmax reinstated 2001bhu's privileges about 5 days ago. Since then, we have received 11 reports concerning 2001bhu's votes. He has had 9 votes removed since having his privileges reinstated, so his privileges were revoked once again. Some of his RFDs clearly showed he had learned nothing from his vote suspension. You can check out some of the worse ones in the following links (see comments section):

http://www.debate.org......

(5) So at 19 total votes removed, I have had to remove more of 2001bhu's votes than any other user on the site thus far. His second voting suspension was not an arbitrary decision.

(6) We generally don't review votes unless they are reported to us. All of 2001bhu's votes were reported to us, except for 4 of the 6 vote bombs on my own debates. So I'm not specifically targeting 2001bhu; his votes were reported by other users. And if there are RFDs by other users that are problematic that I haven't removed, it is probably because they have not been reported to me yet. Pointing to other bad RFDs that were not yet removed is not proof of moderator bias.

(7) We have a soft statute of limitations period on reporting votes. Unless there is egregious conduct involved, we're generally not going to remove votes when the voting period has been closed for some time. If we did, this would require us to go back through the site history and remove votes long before the moderator even had the power to remove votes. It would also upset a lot of people's win statistics from a time when the voting standards weren't even made clear and site custom was very different. So pointing to non-removed bad votes on debates long since closed is also not proof that the mods have it out for you. At some point, we need some measure of finality. It's therefore important to note that if you want a vote removed, you need to report it as soon as possible. Don't wait until after the voting period has been closed.

Most hared by Mods:
(Me (2001bhu) duh)
Noob of the year: ButterCatX (joined church of NAC, believed in bhu, is friends with
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:40:28 PM
At 4/1/2015 12:34:26 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
Categories:
Voting noob:

Normally, we don't make our moderator statistics public. If a user has voted badly and does not want that made public, they can choose not to have attention drawn to themselves. But this post merits a response and some light shined on mod policies.

Key facts:

(1) 2001bhu has already had his privileges suspended once before. The reason was for having 4 votes removed and then vote bombing the moderator 6 times in retaliation for removing those votes.

(2) Given the egregious nature of the conduct, 2001bhu was given a 2 week suspension and asked to prove he could leave sufficient RFDs by voting in the comments section of debates. He sent me links to three debates where he did this; on two of them, his votes would not have passed moderator review.

(3) 2001bhu sent me 5-20 messages on a daily basis harassing me to give him his privileges back. That's why he was ultimately blocked and airmax became his primary contact person. My profile remains open to everyone though. You can see he has resumed this behavior in my profile comments. These two threads he has started are typical of the messages I would receive on a daily basis.

(4) Airmax reinstated 2001bhu's privileges about 5 days ago. Since then, we have received 11 reports concerning 2001bhu's votes. He has had 9 votes removed since having his privileges reinstated, so his privileges were revoked once again. Some of his RFDs clearly showed he had learned nothing from his vote suspension. You can check out some of the worse ones in the following links (see comments section):

(5) So at 19 total votes removed, I have had to remove more of 2001bhu's votes than any other user on the site thus far. His second voting suspension was not an arbitrary decision.

(6) We generally don't review votes unless they are reported to us. All of 2001bhu's votes were reported to us, except for 4 of the 6 vote bombs on my own debates. So I'm not specifically targeting 2001bhu; his votes were reported by other users. And if there are RFDs by other users that are problematic that I haven't removed, it is probably because they have not been reported to me yet. Pointing to other bad RFDs that were not yet removed is not proof of moderator bias.

(7) We have a soft statute of limitations period on reporting votes. Unless there is egregious conduct involved, we're generally not going to remove votes when the voting period has been closed for some time. If we did, this would require us to go back through the site history and remove votes long before the moderator even had the power to remove votes. It would also upset a lot of people's win statistics from a time when the voting standards weren't even made clear and site custom was very different. So pointing to non-removed bad votes on debates long since closed is also not proof that the mods have it out for you. At some point, we need some measure of finality. It's therefore important to note that if you want a vote removed, you need to report it as soon as possible. Don't wait until after the voting period has been closed.

Most hared by Mods:
(Me (2001bhu) duh)
Noob of the year: ButterCatX (joined church of NAC, believed in bhu, is friends with

You can recommend people other than yourself and you can recommend categories.

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:49:33 PM
bump

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:39:33 PM
Categories:
Voting noob:

Key facts:

Most hared by Mods:
(Me (2001bhu) duh)

What is your obsession with voting? How about just looking at the debate, looking at the votes, and get a feel for how its done rather than become... THIS!
ItsSeventhYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:58:06 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:56:04 PM, ItsRevYall wrote:
Bump

Guys please vote on this its the most important thing on the whole forums.

yes please this is very important
ItsRevYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 2:01:45 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:58:06 PM, ItsSeventhYall wrote:
Bump

Yeah I want to be the noob of the year. do you like my categories?
2001bhu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 7:01:49 PM
Bump

no not my pic
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 7:06:34 PM
At 4/1/2015 2:01:45 PM, ItsRevYall wrote:
Bump

We now have two noobs running for noob of the year

2001bhu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 7:11:35 PM
At 4/1/2015 7:06:34 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
Bump

3 you forgot me.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 7:41:08 PM
At 4/1/2015 7:06:34 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
Bump

Nominate your favorite (or least favorite noobs)

2001bhu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 6:04:42 AM
Categories:
Voting noob:

Key facts:

Most hated noob: 2001bhu
revnge
Most hated by Mods:
(Me (2001bhu) duh)
Noob of the year: ButterCatX (joined church of NAC, believed in bhu, is friends with bhu.
2001bhu: I am the qualified for the spot. I am one of the least respected players and have people go out of there way to kill me in mafia. Every one thinks I have 3 alts and I don't.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:30:00 PM
I nominate myself because I think being the noob of the year would be cool. The noob of the year prize is an incredibly noobish thing to covet, so craving it makes me a complete noob.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:33:25 PM
I am a noob. But I am also the King. So you all must be even worse than me.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 9:11:53 PM
Categories:
Voting noob: bladerunner
polls noob: imabench
overall mafia noob: wylted
Educational noob: ajab
Best noob mafia death: this is a stupid category
Most hated noob: maikuru
Most hated by Mods: maikuru
Noob of the year: roy latham
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 9:54:47 PM
At 4/9/2015 9:11:53 PM, Raisor wrote:
Categories:

Seems legit
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 10:32:04 PM
Categories:

Yep. Losing to me = noob
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 10:33:01 PM
At 4/9/2015 9:54:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
Categories:

Seems legit

It is. I noscoped him. (http://www.debate.org...)

He is an optics noob. I don't need a scope, cause FaZe taught me well.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 10:44:24 PM
Categories:

Seems legit

I'll never change, baby.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 10:57:20 PM
At 4/9/2015 10:54:08 PM, henkie1 wrote:
/><s<x>cript>alert("Pietje1 is OP");</<x>script>

Ain't nobody got time for that.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:05:40 AM
At 4/9/2015 10:33:01 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Categories:

Seems legit

It is. I noscoped him. (http://www.debate.org...)

He is an optics noob. I don't need a scope, cause FaZe taught me well.

You rekt him m8
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:15:06 AM
At 4/1/2015 1:39:33 PM, TBR wrote:
Categories:
Voting noob:

Key facts:

Most hared by Mods:
(Me (2001bhu) duh)

What is your obsession with voting? How about just looking at the debate, looking at the votes, and get a feel for how its done rather than become... THIS!

LOL. I know right? He's just making himself more hated by the mods.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
RXR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2015 10:22:06 AM
i will happily accept the biggest noob award. just send it via mailbox and pay the shipping.
RXR

(DDO HALL OF FAMeR and NOBEL PEACE PRIZE winner)

* Will be the first Jewish president
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 8:22:09 AM
Remember that the noob of the year awards can only be awarded to people who have been on this site for under one year.

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 10:15:14 AM
I nominate myself. I am by far the biggest noob of the year, because it is likely that the previously nominated contestants (being younger than me) have a total mass far less than mine in pounds.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby