Jump to topic:

Abrasiveness

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 3:53:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is calling out myself as well as others, but it's just something to think about. Scrolling through some of the new debates that are out, there have been quite a few users that have potential to contribute to the site in a positive way but that are getting met with ill content because of certain topics they chose to debate. Meaning if you glance over the debate, you can actually see where they have potential to improve and learn the site and actually be an active member that can help contribute to the community. Even if they lack the ability to debate well, they can learn as well have had to do. I've noticed users that at the start of their first debate have the initial idea of how debating on DDO works and can probably improve fast, and others that would have no problem learning it in a few minutes. I've seen some that could not debate so well but have a great personality and that are fun to talk too.

Just a hope, but if you see someone trying to learn offer to help them. Maybe we could pick up some good users if we all tried this. Props to bsh for offering to mentor some of these users. I have seen him volunteer on countless occasions and I respect that. I've opened up my pms for any new users that want any type of help as well. If you see someone that has potential, open the door for them

mikal out
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 4:48:47 PM
At 4/2/2015 4:28:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 3:57:36 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Fvck off!!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 6:07:50 PM
At 4/2/2015 5:05:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
Weren't you just harassing the famous Sam Harris

It's not harassment , it was and informative lecture.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 6:10:55 PM
At 4/2/2015 6:07:50 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 4/2/2015 5:05:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
Weren't you just harassing the famous Sam Harris

It's not harassment , it was and informative lecture.

I think you made him cry. What next are you going to tell him the Easter bunny isn't real?
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 7:39:06 PM
Do you want the DDO system to explode due to too many users?

Seriously though, this is a quality post, and I might use this as a personal challenge.

We should publicly call dibs on noobs in their debate comments.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:50:49 PM
At 4/2/2015 7:39:06 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Do you want the DDO system to explode due to too many users?

Seriously though, this is a quality post, and I might use this as a personal challenge.

We should publicly call dibs on noobs in their debate comments.

Can you please call dibs on me <3
anything your heart desires