Total Posts:157|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Decision Time

Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:15:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For the record, I just quick skimmed, and I don't see how you could award S&G to DarkDarling (con).

I see DarkDarling do the following:
1. Not capitalize "i" when referring to herself.
2. Not capitalizing "us" when referring to the USA.
3. Using "cause" instead of because.
4. She uses both 1.8% and 1,8%, so that is inconsistent (I believe Europe uses the comma)
5. She used the wrong "your" for "you're"
6. Not capitalized the first word in a sentence.

All of this (except the US) was in her last round.

In glancing at Pro's arguments, I saw an errant comma, a missing "s" in fetus, and failure to put a space between a period and a letter.

So, yeah, you need to justify how you could give S&G to Con, and the fact that you did not/could not justify it, does put your entire vote's integrity into question.
My work here is, finally, done.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:18:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:15:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
For the record, I just quick skimmed, and I don't see how you could award S&G to DarkDarling (con).

I see DarkDarling do the following:
1. Not capitalize "i" when referring to herself.
2. Not capitalizing "us" when referring to the USA.
3. Using "cause" instead of because.
4. She uses both 1.8% and 1,8%, so that is inconsistent (I believe Europe uses the comma)
5. She used the wrong "your" for "you're"
6. Not capitalized the first word in a sentence.

All of this (except the US) was in her last round.

In glancing at Pro's arguments, I saw an errant comma, a missing "s" in fetus, and failure to put a space between a period and a letter.

So, yeah, you need to justify how you could give S&G to Con, and the fact that you did not/could not justify it, does put your entire vote's integrity into question.

Pay attention.

I didn't award S&G to Con. (DarkDarling)

I awarded it to PRO!
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:21:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

Well that wasn't clear from the RFD. Can you please give me links to all the debates about abortion you voted on, so I can see how many times you voted for the pro side when they argued better? I am sure you must have voted against your belief system at some point because you're a fair voter, right?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:24:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

I just looked through your record. You exclusively vote on abortion debates and you vote for the pro life side 100% of the time.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:25:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:24:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

I just looked through your record. You exclusively vote on abortion debates and you vote for the pro life side 100% of the time.

#busted
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:27:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:25:31 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:24:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

I just looked through your record. You exclusively vote on abortion debates and you vote for the pro life side 100% of the time.

#busted

Look at the last 15 debates he voted on, lol. All abortion debates all votes for the pro life side. Occasionally he awards the pro choice side with S&G or sources to make his vote look fair.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:28:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:18:10 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:15:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
For the record, I just quick skimmed, and I don't see how you could award S&G to DarkDarling (con).

I see DarkDarling do the following:
1. Not capitalize "i" when referring to herself.
2. Not capitalizing "us" when referring to the USA.
3. Using "cause" instead of because.
4. She uses both 1.8% and 1,8%, so that is inconsistent (I believe Europe uses the comma)
5. She used the wrong "your" for "you're"
6. Not capitalized the first word in a sentence.

All of this (except the US) was in her last round.

In glancing at Pro's arguments, I saw an errant comma, a missing "s" in fetus, and failure to put a space between a period and a letter.

So, yeah, you need to justify how you could give S&G to Con, and the fact that you did not/could not justify it, does put your entire vote's integrity into question.

Pay attention.

I didn't award S&G to Con. (DarkDarling)

I awarded it to PRO!

Why was I supposed to assume this from the OP?
What should I pay attention to, you didn't say you voted for Pro, but talk about how it was unfair to Con?

Further, since both had errors, and Pro had a spelling error, why should Pro have gotten it? Why not no one?
Either way, the vote not being justified calls into question the integrity of the vote, thus it is deleted. Or, more likely, I'm assuming system limitations require the removal of the entire vote and not just some points.
My work here is, finally, done.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:28:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:21:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

Well that wasn't clear from the RFD. Can you please give me links to all the debates about abortion you voted on, so I can see how many times you voted for the pro side when they argued better? I am sure you must have voted against your belief system at some point because you're a fair voter, right?

1. My votes are a matter of public record (see my profile)
2. We are not required to ever vote against our belief systems here on DDO.
3. We are all permitted to abstain or to NOT vote on debates where we are either not interested in voting or for any other reasons we may want to abstain.
4. "Fairness" doesn't require a person to vote against their own beliefs rather than to abstain from the vote.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:31:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:28:20 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:18:10 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:15:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
For the record, I just quick skimmed, and I don't see how you could award S&G to DarkDarling (con).

I see DarkDarling do the following:
1. Not capitalize "i" when referring to herself.
2. Not capitalizing "us" when referring to the USA.
3. Using "cause" instead of because.
4. She uses both 1.8% and 1,8%, so that is inconsistent (I believe Europe uses the comma)
5. She used the wrong "your" for "you're"
6. Not capitalized the first word in a sentence.

All of this (except the US) was in her last round.

In glancing at Pro's arguments, I saw an errant comma, a missing "s" in fetus, and failure to put a space between a period and a letter.

So, yeah, you need to justify how you could give S&G to Con, and the fact that you did not/could not justify it, does put your entire vote's integrity into question.

Pay attention.

I didn't award S&G to Con. (DarkDarling)

I awarded it to PRO!

Why was I supposed to assume this from the OP?
What should I pay attention to, you didn't say you voted for Pro, but talk about how it was unfair to Con?

Further, since both had errors, and Pro had a spelling error, why should Pro have gotten it? Why not no one?
Either way, the vote not being justified calls into question the integrity of the vote, thus it is deleted. Or, more likely, I'm assuming system limitations require the removal of the entire vote and not just some points.

If you read the comments section conversation between pro and con, you will see that Con conceded the fact that her spelling and grammar was bad.

Like I said. "pay attention."
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:33:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:27:06 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:25:31 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:24:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

I just looked through your record. You exclusively vote on abortion debates and you vote for the pro life side 100% of the time.

#busted

Look at the last 15 debates he voted on, lol. All abortion debates all votes for the pro life side. Occasionally he awards the pro choice side with S&G or sources to make his vote look fair.

1. My votes are a matter of public record (see my profile)
2. We are not required to ever vote against our belief systems here on DDO.
3. We are all permitted to abstain or to NOT vote on debates where we are either not interested in voting or for any other reasons we may want to abstain.
4. "Fairness" doesn't require a person to vote against their own beliefs rather than to abstain from the vote.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:35:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:28:57 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:21:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:19:24 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:17:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I understand that I am not liked here on DDO. That's fine. I don't come here to be liked. However, I do have an expectation that all members here are to be treated fairly, that the rules are to be enforced evenly and consistently . . . etc. I also have (had) an expectation that we are all for the most part considered to be innocent until proven guilty. That we have a chance to explain a vote (for example) or to correct a vote / RFD before it removed or to make corrections to get it restored before the voting ends. I also expected that members would be notified by the mods (before voting ends) of any actions taken on a vote or RFD.

This is the debate in question. - http://www.debate.org...

I am completely disenfranchised and discouraged from voting on anymore debate - when a vote can be removed like this - with no time to make corrections - for something so petty as a failure to explain the point for spelling and grammar. What the **** is there to explain? It's SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Any fool can cut and paste the text from both sides into a word document and do a spell check (if they doubted my vote on S&G).

I'm so pissed over this now, I can't even remember my other points about this. I consider this to be a very low blow and completely unfair action against "DarkDarling" and myself.

I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

Well that wasn't clear from the RFD. Can you please give me links to all the debates about abortion you voted on, so I can see how many times you voted for the pro side when they argued better? I am sure you must have voted against your belief system at some point because you're a fair voter, right?

1. My votes are a matter of public record (see my profile)

Oh, I have.

2. We are not required to ever vote against our belief systems here on DDO.

Sure, and you never will. I can't expect everyone to act ethically.

3. We are all permitted to abstain or to NOT vote on debates where we are either not interested in voting or for any other reasons we may want to abstain.

I've had the abstention argument. I disagree with your position, but I seriously doubt you abstain from in circumstances other than an overly obvious loss by the prochoice side. Which means you are often times casting a vote for the losing side in close debates, and influencing the overall result.

4. "Fairness" doesn't require a person to vote against their own beliefs rather than to abstain from the vote.

Incorrect.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:44:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:35:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:28:57 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:21:33 AM, Wylted wrote:

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

Well that wasn't clear from the RFD. Can you please give me links to all the debates about abortion you voted on, so I can see how many times you voted for the pro side when they argued better? I am sure you must have voted against your belief system at some point because you're a fair voter, right?

1. My votes are a matter of public record (see my profile)

Oh, I have.

Good!

2. We are not required to ever vote against our belief systems here on DDO.

Sure, and you never will. I can't expect everyone to act ethically.

That's not true. I have yet to be asked by any of my fellow anti-aborts or by any pro-lifers to judge or to vote in any of their debates where I haven't had the option to abstain. If I am ever compelled to vote or obligated in some way. . . then I would have no problem doing so. Even if it would go against the "pro-lifer." For example, if a pro-lifer asked me to vote on their debate (win or loose) and they understood up front that I might vote against them. . . I would have no problems doing that.

But, as long as I have the right here on DDO to abstain from voting against my beliefs and thus discouraging those who share my beliefs? I'm going to exercise that right.

3. We are all permitted to abstain or to NOT vote on debates where we are either not interested in voting or for any other reasons we may want to abstain.

I've had the abstention argument. I disagree with your position, but I seriously doubt you abstain from in circumstances other than an overly obvious loss by the prochoice side.

See above.

Which means you are often times casting a vote for the losing side in close debates, and influencing the overall result.

Any vote made can be argued to be the "tie breaker" in a close debate.

4. "Fairness" doesn't require a person to vote against their own beliefs rather than to abstain from the vote.

Incorrect.

LOL.

If you want to see that happen, you are going to have to make voting mandatory.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:45:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.

There's no bias against pro life. Bsh1 was a liberal but converted on abortion. A lot of voters are pro life. There is no bias whatsoever against the pro life position. We can win or lose a debate no matter the position.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:46:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:31:38 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:28:20 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:18:10 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:15:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
For the record, I just quick skimmed, and I don't see how you could award S&G to DarkDarling (con).

I see DarkDarling do the following:
1. Not capitalize "i" when referring to herself.
2. Not capitalizing "us" when referring to the USA.
3. Using "cause" instead of because.
4. She uses both 1.8% and 1,8%, so that is inconsistent (I believe Europe uses the comma)
5. She used the wrong "your" for "you're"
6. Not capitalized the first word in a sentence.

All of this (except the US) was in her last round.

In glancing at Pro's arguments, I saw an errant comma, a missing "s" in fetus, and failure to put a space between a period and a letter.

So, yeah, you need to justify how you could give S&G to Con, and the fact that you did not/could not justify it, does put your entire vote's integrity into question.

Pay attention.

I didn't award S&G to Con. (DarkDarling)

I awarded it to PRO!

Why was I supposed to assume this from the OP?
What should I pay attention to, you didn't say you voted for Pro, but talk about how it was unfair to Con?

Further, since both had errors, and Pro had a spelling error, why should Pro have gotten it? Why not no one?
Either way, the vote not being justified calls into question the integrity of the vote, thus it is deleted. Or, more likely, I'm assuming system limitations require the removal of the entire vote and not just some points.

If you read the comments section conversation between pro and con, you will see that Con conceded the fact that her spelling and grammar was bad.

Like I said. "pay attention."

When did I say I read the comments? Why should I have? Where did you say I should have read the comments? Why is a judge basing things said in comments?
Why didn't you say in the OP that you voted for Pro?
Why haven't you responded to any actual point I have brought up, and instead just say "pay attention"?

Why should I have to do extra work, simply because you refuse to explain your issue properly, then refuse to comment on why the policy is as it is?
My work here is, finally, done.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:48:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:45:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.

There's no bias against pro life. Bsh1 was a liberal but converted on abortion. A lot of voters are pro life. There is no bias whatsoever against the pro life position. We can win or lose a debate no matter the position.

I have to (respectfully) disagree. Especially when I have been the recipient of so many vote bombs that have been reported with no actions taken against them at all. Votes that were far more deserving of a mods action than this one was.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:51:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:48:34 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:45:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.

There's no bias against pro life. Bsh1 was a liberal but converted on abortion. A lot of voters are pro life. There is no bias whatsoever against the pro life position. We can win or lose a debate no matter the position.

I have to (respectfully) disagree. Especially when I have been the recipient of so many vote bombs that have been reported with no actions taken against them at all. Votes that were far more deserving of a mods action than this one was.

Ask Bluesteel about it. He doesn't hold a grudge against you haha. He's a chill guy.

I mean I'm a conservative extremist and as long as I'm debating stats I do pretty well...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:52:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:44:48 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:35:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:28:57 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:21:33 AM, Wylted wrote:

You should just vote fairly and that won't be a problem. Debates aren't like a poll where you decide which side you agree with and vote for them. You're supposed to determine which side debated better.

I did that.

Well that wasn't clear from the RFD. Can you please give me links to all the debates about abortion you voted on, so I can see how many times you voted for the pro side when they argued better? I am sure you must have voted against your belief system at some point because you're a fair voter, right?

1. My votes are a matter of public record (see my profile)

Oh, I have.

Good!

2. We are not required to ever vote against our belief systems here on DDO.

Sure, and you never will. I can't expect everyone to act ethically.

That's not true. I have yet to be asked by any of my fellow anti-aborts or by any pro-lifers to judge or to vote in any of their debates where I haven't had the option to abstain. If I am ever compelled to vote or obligated in some way. . . then I would have no problem doing so. Even if it would go against the "pro-lifer." For example, if a pro-lifer asked me to vote on their debate (win or loose) and they understood up front that I might vote against them. . . I would have no problems doing that.

But, as long as I have the right here on DDO to abstain from voting against my beliefs and thus discouraging those who share my beliefs? I'm going to exercise that right.

3. We are all permitted to abstain or to NOT vote on debates where we are either not interested in voting or for any other reasons we may want to abstain.

I've had the abstention argument. I disagree with your position, but I seriously doubt you abstain from in circumstances other than an overly obvious loss by the prochoice side.

See above.

Which means you are often times casting a vote for the losing side in close debates, and influencing the overall result.

Any vote made can be argued to be the "tie breaker" in a close debate.

4. "Fairness" doesn't require a person to vote against their own beliefs rather than to abstain from the vote.

Incorrect.

LOL.

If you want to see that happen, you are going to have to make voting mandatory.

You stated it was fair, I merely pointed out you're incorrect. It always gives the popular side an unfair advantage by affecting total possible points. Let's say that 2 people debate and the popular side has 100 possible points to draw from based on people like you, and the other side only has 72 because of people like you. In close debates, the side that can draw from the pool of 100 possible points as opposed to 72 possible points will win more than their fair share of the time.

You can argue the ethics if you want, but it being unfair is a truism.

If you want we can debate the following resolution:

"Chuz life has always voted correctly on abortion debates"
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:52:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
=================================================================
>Reported vote: Chuz-Life // Moderation action: Removed<

3 points to Con (argument), 1 point to Pro (S&G). {RFD = Reasons for voting decision: I find the argument (by Con) that "it's not okay to kill something just because you may have created it by accident" to be very compelling. Pro's only response was to claim it's not a person. That was not a compelling response. Furthermore in R3, Pro acknowledges that the child in the womb is a "child" and that supports Con's position. I decided to keep sources as a tie because they were not debated and so they had no significant impact on this debate.}

[*Reason for Removal*] Failure to explain S&G.
==================================================================

=================================================================
> Tumblrnatic // Moderation action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. {RFD = Reasons for voting decision: Her debates were well constructed, and had been well thought through. Darkdarling didn't have very good grammar, as a result Lee001 got my vote.}

[*Reason for Removal*] Failure to explain sources and conduct.
==================================================================

Is this what you wanted me to pay attention to?
The fact that Pro lost 7 points for a vote that didn't explain conduct or sources?
Is that why the pro-life viewpoint is mistreated? Oh, wait......this negates your entire pity party, doesn't it, since this is clear evidence that both side of this issue lost votes, thus there is no attacking someone due to their views.

Maybe you should pay attention.
My work here is, finally, done.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:54:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:46:16 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:31:38 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:28:20 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:18:10 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:15:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
For the record, I just quick skimmed, and I don't see how you could award S&G to DarkDarling (con).

I see DarkDarling do the following:
1. Not capitalize "i" when referring to herself.
2. Not capitalizing "us" when referring to the USA.
3. Using "cause" instead of because.
4. She uses both 1.8% and 1,8%, so that is inconsistent (I believe Europe uses the comma)
5. She used the wrong "your" for "you're"
6. Not capitalized the first word in a sentence.

All of this (except the US) was in her last round.

In glancing at Pro's arguments, I saw an errant comma, a missing "s" in fetus, and failure to put a space between a period and a letter.

So, yeah, you need to justify how you could give S&G to Con, and the fact that you did not/could not justify it, does put your entire vote's integrity into question.

Pay attention.

I didn't award S&G to Con. (DarkDarling)

I awarded it to PRO!

Why was I supposed to assume this from the OP?
What should I pay attention to, you didn't say you voted for Pro, but talk about how it was unfair to Con?

Further, since both had errors, and Pro had a spelling error, why should Pro have gotten it? Why not no one?
Either way, the vote not being justified calls into question the integrity of the vote, thus it is deleted. Or, more likely, I'm assuming system limitations require the removal of the entire vote and not just some points.

If you read the comments section conversation between pro and con, you will see that Con conceded the fact that her spelling and grammar was bad.

Like I said. "pay attention."

When did I say I read the comments?

Why didn't you read them?

Why should I have?

Because that's where the mods action was posted and that's where many of the other details are.

Where did you say I should have read the comments?

It was inferred.

Why is a judge basing things said in comments?

They weren't. Though the comments did REAFFIRM and support the decision.

Why didn't you say in the OP that you voted for Pro?

Um because the vote was split and that would have been inaccurate.

Why haven't you responded to any actual point I have brought up, and instead just say "pay attention"?

I did.

Why should I have to do extra work, simply because you refuse to explain your issue properly, then refuse to comment on why the policy is as it is?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:54:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:48:34 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:45:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.

There's no bias against pro life. Bsh1 was a liberal but converted on abortion. A lot of voters are pro life. There is no bias whatsoever against the pro life position. We can win or lose a debate no matter the position.

I have to (respectfully) disagree. Especially when I have been the recipient of so many vote bombs that have been reported with no actions taken against them at all. Votes that were far more deserving of a mods action than this one was.

You haven't had a debate in six months, and bluesteel's position was created about four months ago. So, this is not relevant to bluesteel's actions.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:59:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:54:44 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:

Why haven't you responded to any actual point I have brought up, and instead just say "pay attention"?

I did.

Did you?
I must have missed where you explained why it was obvious that Pro deserved points when they both made mistakes.
I also missed where you said why, if part of the vote is unjustified, the vote should remain.

Feel free to C/P that for me.
My work here is, finally, done.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 10:01:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 9:51:16 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:48:34 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:45:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.

There's no bias against pro life. Bsh1 was a liberal but converted on abortion. A lot of voters are pro life. There is no bias whatsoever against the pro life position. We can win or lose a debate no matter the position.

I have to (respectfully) disagree. Especially when I have been the recipient of so many vote bombs that have been reported with no actions taken against them at all. Votes that were far more deserving of a mods action than this one was.

Ask Bluesteel about it. He doesn't hold a grudge against you haha. He's a chill guy.

I mean I'm a conservative extremist and as long as I'm debating stats I do pretty well...

16K, imagine this was your vote removed for not explaining S7G after all the effort you put into reading this debate and making your RFD. Imagine having your vote completely negated for a simple oversight of not explaining why you awarded the one point for spelling and grammar.

And the point was not even to the person I am more inclined to support.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 10:04:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Deactivating.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 10:06:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/3/2015 10:01:49 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:51:16 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:48:34 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:45:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:16:20 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:10:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/3/2015 8:59:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about deactivating in protest again. That or maybe I'll simply refrain from voting or debating at all anymore. It's abundantly clear now how the odds are being stacked decidedly against anyone who shares my point of view.

Please do. ;D

Thanks for the affirmation.

There's no bias against pro life. Bsh1 was a liberal but converted on abortion. A lot of voters are pro life. There is no bias whatsoever against the pro life position. We can win or lose a debate no matter the position.

I have to (respectfully) disagree. Especially when I have been the recipient of so many vote bombs that have been reported with no actions taken against them at all. Votes that were far more deserving of a mods action than this one was.

Ask Bluesteel about it. He doesn't hold a grudge against you haha. He's a chill guy.

I mean I'm a conservative extremist and as long as I'm debating stats I do pretty well...

16K, imagine this was your vote removed for not explaining S7G after all the effort you put into reading this debate and making your RFD. Imagine having your vote completely negated for a simple oversight of not explaining why you awarded the one point for spelling and grammar.

Well I was almost banned for bad voting so you are preaching to the choir lol


And the point was not even to the person I am more inclined to support.

This detail is irrelevant bruh
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross