Jump to topic:

Religion Forum

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 10:27:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I read all sorts of people complaining about the religious forum on here (some deserved some undeserved).

Right now there is a debate from two prominent members of the religion forum that has been on the front page for the majority of the week that is in desperate need of votes.

http://www.debate.org...

If you want to change the religion forum you need to vote on debates like this. Otherwise you have no reason to ever complain about this forum again. You need to step up to the plate when those from the forum make the effort to do so!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 10:32:27 AM
At 4/4/2015 10:27:04 AM, Geogeer wrote:
I read all sorts of people complaining about the religious forum on here (some deserved some undeserved).

Right now there is a debate from two prominent members of the religion forum that has been on the front page for the majority of the week that is in desperate need of votes.

If you want to change the religion forum you need to vote on debates like this. Otherwise you have no reason to ever complain about this forum again. You need to step up to the plate when those from the forum make the effort to do so!

You think Anna won the debate, but you'll allow her to tie it based on sources and conduct?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 3:12:48 PM
At 4/4/2015 10:32:27 AM, Wylted wrote:

You think Anna won the debate, but you'll allow her to tie it based on sources and conduct?

It was the 7 point system. Anna made many good counter arguments, but she didn't reference most of them. It was based on knowledge, but she didn't back nearly as much of it up. Additionally she was pretty snarky from spending so much time on the religious forum. Envisage was a bit more professional due to his numerous debates, but ultimately I believe had the weaker argument. I don't make the rules I simply attempted to vote according to the system they chose to debate under.

I would love it if others would take a few minutes to vote. If they see results from debating the religious forum may become a better forum where discussions can actually lead to a debate instead of endless ranting.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 3:24:59 PM
At 4/4/2015 3:12:48 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/4/2015 10:32:27 AM, Wylted wrote:

It was the 7 point system. Anna made many good counter arguments, but she didn't reference most of them. It was based on knowledge, but she didn't back nearly as much of it up. Additionally she was pretty snarky from spending so much time on the religious forum. Envisage was a bit more professional due to his numerous debates, but ultimately I believe had the weaker argument. I don't make the rules I simply attempted to vote according to the system they chose to debate under.

I would love it if others would take a few minutes to vote. If they see results from debating the religious forum may become a better forum where discussions can actually lead to a debate instead of endless ranting.

If I vote it will probably be solely off judging conduct, I'll take a look before it ends.