Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Requirements to join DDO President election?

airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.
Debate.org Moderator
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,682
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 1:58:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.

When is the next election and how do I make myself a candidate?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 2:00:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
it has begun
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 2:02:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 1:58:52 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.

When is the next election and how do I make myself a candidate?

It's 2.5 months away, in mid June. You just announce yourself as a candidate.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 2:04:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 2:03:01 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:00:13 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
it has begun

Challenge accepted m8

I'm onto you

http://images.sodahead.com...

Oh, I didn't mean the elections have begun. I meant that a flood of posts about the presidency have begun.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,682
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 2:04:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 2:04:12 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:03:01 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:00:13 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
it has begun

Challenge accepted m8

I'm onto you

http://images.sodahead.com...

Oh, I didn't mean the elections have begun. I meant that a flood of posts about the presidency have begun.

Exactly.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 2:12:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 2:02:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:58:52 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.

When is the next election and how do I make myself a candidate?

It's 2.5 months away, in mid June. You just announce yourself as a candidate.

Lol, we're barely half way through the current term.
Nolite Timere
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 2:18:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 2:12:30 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:02:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:58:52 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.

When is the next election and how do I make myself a candidate?

It's 2.5 months away, in mid June. You just announce yourself as a candidate.

Lol, we're barely half way through the current term.

Indeed. Which is why the issue isn't necessarily so much directly about term lengths, but about the amount of unnecessary threads created on a topic much earlier than it needs to be.

I don't think we need to be discussing candidates at this point, or even tangential issues related to the election in general. I hadn't even planned on starting discussions about voting qualifications for another month or so.

We could just make any campaign threads fall into the spam category until 2 weeks before the election. That might be going too far, but it would be a solution to the actual problem.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 7:16:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 2:18:26 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:12:30 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:02:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:58:52 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.

When is the next election and how do I make myself a candidate?

It's 2.5 months away, in mid June. You just announce yourself as a candidate.

Lol, we're barely half way through the current term.

Indeed. Which is why the issue isn't necessarily so much directly about term lengths, but about the amount of unnecessary threads created on a topic much earlier than it needs to be.

I don't think we need to be discussing candidates at this point, or even tangential issues related to the election in general. I hadn't even planned on starting discussions about voting qualifications for another month or so.

We could just make any campaign threads fall into the spam category until 2 weeks before the election. That might be going too far, but it would be a solution to the actual problem.

You're just trying to censor the only viable candidates against your reign of oppression. I'm on to you.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 10:00:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/4/2015 7:16:36 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:18:26 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:12:30 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 4/4/2015 2:02:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:58:52 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:57:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/4/2015 1:54:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Title explains itself

There are no requirements. Anyone can run for DDO membership president.

When is the next election and how do I make myself a candidate?

It's 2.5 months away, in mid June. You just announce yourself as a candidate.

Lol, we're barely half way through the current term.

Indeed. Which is why the issue isn't necessarily so much directly about term lengths, but about the amount of unnecessary threads created on a topic much earlier than it needs to be.

I don't think we need to be discussing candidates at this point, or even tangential issues related to the election in general. I hadn't even planned on starting discussions about voting qualifications for another month or so.

We could just make any campaign threads fall into the spam category until 2 weeks before the election. That might be going too far, but it would be a solution to the actual problem.

You're just trying to censor the only viable candidates against your reign of oppression. I'm on to you.

Don't tip him off! You'll just disappear in the middle of the night!
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 9:12:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Speaking of anyone being elected, does anyone remember the name of that black guy who was a nobody that won an election and upset the established candidates. I wish I could remember his name so I could google it and see how he is doing.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,682
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:25:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/5/2015 9:12:14 AM, sadolite wrote:
Speaking of anyone being elected, does anyone remember the name of that black guy who was a nobody that won an election and upset the established candidates. I wish I could remember his name so I could google it and see how he is doing.

Barack HUSSEIN 0bama?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 7:21:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/5/2015 6:25:29 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/5/2015 9:12:14 AM, sadolite wrote:
Speaking of anyone being elected, does anyone remember the name of that black guy who was a nobody that won an election and upset the established candidates. I wish I could remember his name so I could google it and see how he is doing.

Barack HUSSEIN 0bama?

No, I think it was a congressional election. It was a total upset and no one saw it coming. This guy was a complete unknown. He looked like a deer in the headlights during his acceptance speech. He too could not believe he won. I think he was a write in candidate.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 7:29:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/5/2015 7:21:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/5/2015 6:25:29 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/5/2015 9:12:14 AM, sadolite wrote:
Speaking of anyone being elected, does anyone remember the name of that black guy who was a nobody that won an election and upset the established candidates. I wish I could remember his name so I could google it and see how he is doing.

Barack HUSSEIN 0bama?

No, I think it was a congressional election. It was a total upset and no one saw it coming. This guy was a complete unknown. He looked like a deer in the headlights during his acceptance speech. He too could not believe he won. I think he was a write in candidate.

I found it! Alvin Greene was his name. He won a South Carolina primary against Vic Rawl. He didn't win the seat. He lost to Jim Demint in the General election. My bad ,never mind.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 7:35:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/5/2015 7:29:55 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/5/2015 7:21:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/5/2015 6:25:29 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/5/2015 9:12:14 AM, sadolite wrote:
Speaking of anyone being elected, does anyone remember the name of that black guy who was a nobody that won an election and upset the established candidates. I wish I could remember his name so I could google it and see how he is doing.

Barack HUSSEIN 0bama?

No, I think it was a congressional election. It was a total upset and no one saw it coming. This guy was a complete unknown. He looked like a deer in the headlights during his acceptance speech. He too could not believe he won. I think he was a write in candidate.

I found it! Alvin Greene was his name. He won a South Carolina primary against Vic Rawl. He didn't win the seat. He lost to Jim Demint in the General election. My bad ,never mind.

Here is a short video https://www.youtube.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%