Jump to topic:

Announcing Candidacy for President

Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:02:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Vote for futurepresident2048 and tajshar2k for your President and Vice President!

Why vote for us?
1. Bi-Partisan - Me and tajshar2k are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, therefore there would be no biasm with us as your representatives as both sides will be represented.
2. New Ideas - Yes we are young, but with youth comes creativity and fresh ideas. Ideas to make DDO a more fun, free, safe, and fair place. We have many new ideas that we ourselves have, and if any member has one we will be extremely happy for you to message us those ideas!
3. Very Friendly - Yes we will take our job seriously and are serious in important debates. Though it's always good to have a little fun here and there. We will talk to all and listen to all and always keep a Hapoy atmosphere.
4. Involved - tajshar2k and I both are very active on this site and participate a lot in debates, opinions, and polls. We see all kinds of arguments and comments and really know what this site needs and deserves. We are very active so you can reach us all the time!

It's time for the people of DDO to be heard and choose a candidate that will stand for them all and consider all ideas and make changes instead of saying change. While we might not succeed in getting every duty done we will certainly do our best as that's a job well done. Wether it's putting an end to people spamming polls yet keeping freedom intact, or combating bias, we will work to get the job done.

Feel free to contact either of us any time, and please vote for us!
futurepresident2048
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:07:31 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:02:04 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:
Vote for futurepresident2048 and tajshar2k for your President and Vice President!

Why vote for us?
1. Bi-Partisan - Me and tajshar2k are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, therefore there would be no biasm with us as your representatives as both sides will be represented.
2. New Ideas - Yes we are young, but with youth comes creativity and fresh ideas. Ideas to make DDO a more fun, free, safe, and fair place. We have many new ideas that we ourselves have, and if any member has one we will be extremely happy for you to message us those ideas!
3. Very Friendly - Yes we will take our job seriously and are serious in important debates. Though it's always good to have a little fun here and there. We will talk to all and listen to all and always keep a Hapoy atmosphere.
4. Involved - tajshar2k and I both are very active on this site and participate a lot in debates, opinions, and polls. We see all kinds of arguments and comments and really know what this site needs and deserves. We are very active so you can reach us all the time!

It's time for the people of DDO to be heard and choose a candidate that will stand for them all and consider all ideas and make changes instead of saying change. While we might not succeed in getting every duty done we will certainly do our best as that's a job well done. Wether it's putting an end to people spamming polls yet keeping freedom intact, or combating bias, we will work to get the job done.

Wouldn't you have to wait until 2048 lol
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:14:06 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:10:53 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:

Haha, that's for the real presidency doe lol

Why would you wait until 2048, though? Wouldn't you be eligible whenever you became 35?
Consider it this way: let's say that you were born in early 2005, meaning that you turned 10 years old this year. You'd be eligible to run in the 2040 election. And of course, it's unlikely that you're that young, so realistically you could run in the 2036 election, perhaps.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:40:12 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:14:06 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Why would you wait until 2048, though? Wouldn't you be eligible whenever you became 35?
Consider it this way: let's say that you were born in early 2005, meaning that you turned 10 years old this year. You'd be eligible to run in the 2040 election. And of course, it's unlikely that you're that young, so realistically you could run in the 2036 election, perhaps.

Well I'd want to run in my 40s so I can get experience in other areas of government like as governor of Illinois or someplace.
futurepresident2048
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 4:43:53 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:40:12 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:
At 4/5/2015 1:14:06 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well I'd want to run in my 40s so I can get experience in other areas of government like as governor of Illinois or someplace.

I am from the future and presidents no longer exist in 2045.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 4:50:38 PM
At 4/5/2015 4:49:35 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:

Oh damn :O

Would you like to know how you die?
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 4:53:37 PM
At 4/5/2015 4:50:38 PM, Wylted wrote:

Depends... Am I high on drugs?
futurepresident2048
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:01:02 PM
At 4/5/2015 4:53:37 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:

In a way, you are. In the future we put criminals into a drug induced coma and into a simulated universe that makes 1 day feel like 1,000 years. They are put in every imaginable scenario to train empathy into them and to make them incredibly wise. The actual prison sentence is 20 minutes, but feels like 20,000 years and people come out being the most productive and wise people imaginable. They go from being the worst people on Earth to the best, which poses a tiny problem.

For most people a boring sentence of 20,000 years would be torture, and at some points literally is, but many people want to turn their lives around so badly, that they'll murder somebody just for the chance to be sentenced.

We're thinking about just making these sentences mandatory for everyone at the moment, but the far right is staunchly opposed.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:03:06 PM

Why vote for us?

..you joined 2 weeks ago.
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:03:11 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:01:02 PM, Wylted wrote:

In a way, you are. In the future we put criminals into a drug induced coma and into a simulated universe that makes 1 day feel like 1,000 years. They are put in every imaginable scenario to train empathy into them and to make them incredibly wise. The actual prison sentence is 20 minutes, but feels like 20,000 years and people come out being the most productive and wise people imaginable. They go from being the worst people on Earth to the best, which poses a tiny problem.

For most people a boring sentence of 20,000 years would be torture, and at some points literally is, but many people want to turn their lives around so badly, that they'll murder somebody just for the chance to be sentenced.

We're thinking about just making these sentences mandatory for everyone at the moment, but the far right is staunchly opposed.

Damn man, you just came up with a billion dollar movie idea.
futurepresident2048
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:05:05 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:03:06 PM, Varrack wrote:

Why vote for us?

..you joined 2 weeks ago.

And? If you have any concerns please message me.
futurepresident2048
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:06:13 PM
lol
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:08:39 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:03:11 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:

I have hundreds of not thousands of those stories in my head, if I only had the disciple to write them down :(
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:10:36 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:08:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

I have hundreds of not thousands of those stories in my head, if I only had the disciple to write them down :(

Me too...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:11:27 PM

Why don't you go ahead and make novels out of them? You could make a lot of money especially if movie producers picked them up.
futurepresident2048
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:15:11 PM
I like the fact that you and the vp candidate are politically opposing; we don't want political bias in the DDO elite...

But Varrack has a point; is two weeks enough to come to know the various nuances of the website, its community and the general goings on?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:17:30 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:10:36 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Me too...

My brother loves to write and I tried relaying my ideals to him, but gave up because he gets the personality of the characters wrong.

I have a character let's just call him Chris and the guy was supposed to be a really smooth together billionaire, and my brother kept giving him dialogue that just destroyed the image of him as in control, smooth and emotionless. The giy had the typical self made billionaire back story, but my brother just can not present him in a reasonable way, so I told him to keep his hands off my dam stories and characters. The last thing I need is for one of the stories to get big and me be staring at a movie screen all pisssed off because my smooth Billionaire is in a slapstick comedy.
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:20:21 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:15:11 PM, Philocat wrote:
I like the fact that you and the vp candidate are politically opposing; we don't want political bias in the DDO elite...

But Varrack has a point; is two weeks enough to come to know the various nuances of the website, its community and the general goings on?

Your right I've spent two weeks on here, but I've been extremely active in two weeks. I've been more active in these two weeks then some might be after being on here for 3 months. I've learned a lot about the site and understand and know a lot about debate. I'm captain of my school debate team and co captain of speech. I have leadership experience and I enjoy this site a lot. There's a lot of new ideas and improvements that me and my vice can do.
futurepresident2048
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:21:31 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:11:27 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:

Why don't you go ahead and make novels out of them? You could make a lot of money especially if movie producers picked them up.

Oh man, that is not how the industry works. If quality was all that counted, I'd have a career doing that, but you need to have some connections and be able to publicize your books correctly. There are people who get lucky such as the 50 shades person, but you need a powerful reputation or know somebody with one to sell your book.

I guess if I was desperate I could kill myself scraping up $50,000 to bribe a big name author into putting their name onto a book, but there is no garauntee that I'll find a big name that will accept that bribe.
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:22:19 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:17:30 PM, Wylted wrote:

Me too...

My brother loves to write and I tried relaying my ideals to him, but gave up because he gets the personality of the characters wrong.

I have a character let's just call him Chris and the guy was supposed to be a really smooth together billionaire, and my brother kept giving him dialogue that just destroyed the image of him as in control, smooth and emotionless. The giy had the typical self made billionaire back story, but my brother just can not present him in a reasonable way, so I told him to keep his hands off my dam stories and characters. The last thing I need is for one of the stories to get big and me be staring at a movie screen all pisssed off because my smooth Billionaire is in a slapstick comedy.

You don't need him to write the stories. Even if your not good with grammar or spelling when it comes to extremely long papers, just write it out and have someone edit it. That's what I'd do, those stories could be great books and movies and take you far I wouldng just set that aside.
futurepresident2048
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:24:40 PM
I did write a short story for DDO, but it's depressing and I don't think it would go over well. It has no action and doesn't fit the personality I display here.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:25:41 PM
At 4/5/2015 5:22:19 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:

Me too...

You don't need him to write the stories. Even if your not good with grammar or spelling when it comes to extremely long papers, just write it out and have someone edit it. That's what I'd do, those stories could be great books and movies and take you far I wouldng just set that aside.

Okay, maybe I will.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:01:04 PM

Me too...

I've always thought about recording my thoughts verbally and then writing them down from the recording.

Lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:17:30 PM

Why vote for us?

Ten bucks says that he'll leave before the end of the month.
Futurepresident2048
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:21:04 PM
At 4/5/2015 6:17:30 PM, RevNge wrote:

Why vote for us?

I accept that challenge, do you have a paypal to pay me the 10 dollars once you see I'm not leaving?
futurepresident2048
Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:28:27 PM

Unfortunately, this closely follows the plot of a television episode. http://en.wikipedia.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:29:27 PM
At 4/5/2015 6:21:04 PM, Futurepresident2048 wrote:
At 4/5/2015 6:17:30 PM, RevNge wrote:

Why vote for us?

I accept that challenge, do you have a paypal to pay me the 10 dollars once you see I'm not leaving?

It's a figure of speech and not meant to be taken literally.

Besides, you know little about the site and its members. How are you going to improve DDO?
Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 6:30:32 PM

Why vote for us?

Man, you act like the president has some sort of power. As president, you won't have to the power to stop spamming, combat bias, or implement anything a normal user couldn't do. Sounds like what you really want to do is run for Airmax.