Jump to topic:

Announcing Supreme Chamber

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:18:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is not an official announcement of a presidential candidacy, but a formation of a new council composed of certain types of quality members who wish to cooperate to bring changes to the site. Together we will cooperate in order to make progress.

I will personally decide whether or not you fit very specific requirements I have in mind, but one of the qualities you must possess are the following: (a) You must be white/European. These two cannot be separated, so if you are "white" born outside of Europe, you are very likely to be pseudo-white, unless you have preserved your cultural/ethnic background entirely, plan on returning to your homeland, and do not consider a non-European country your own. If this is not met, you are not eligible to join; (b) You must be over 16 of age; (c) Have a philosophical and creative mind.

I only take offers in PM. Thanks.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:25:55 PM
Is this a joke?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:30:19 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:25:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Is this a joke?
No, why? If you take issues with the high age requirement, you're welcome to post constructive criticism.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:33:02 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:30:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
Is this a joke?
No, why? If you take issues with the high age requirement, you're welcome to post constructive criticism.

The thing about being born outside Europe makes one "pseudo-white" is ridiculous.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:37:48 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:33:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Is this a joke?

The thing about being born outside Europe makes one "pseudo-white" is ridiculous.
I was thinking of writing non-white, but that seems offensive. But, it is not only about place of birth, since an European could be born elsewhere during his parent's trip or something; it is about where one has his spiritual, cultural, and ethnic roots (not just origins). Europeans fulfil this by being entirely connected to Europe, naturally, but others do not.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:46:18 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:37:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/5/2015 1:33:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Is this a joke?

I was thinking of writing non-white, but that seems offensive. But, it is not only about place of birth, since an European could be born elsewhere during his parent's trip or something; it is about where one has his spiritual, cultural, and ethnic roots (not just origins). Europeans fulfil this by being entirely connected to Europe, naturally, but others do not.

It's not really "pseudo-white" because they are biologically descended from European, rather the literally correct term is "white (or) European American".

I also don't know why you would want to block Americans from the group.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:52:15 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:46:18 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
It's not really "pseudo-white" because they are biologically descended from European, rather the literally correct term is "white (or) European American".

They are mostly descended from Europeans, indeed, but not entirely. In addition, as I said there is more to the term than genetics only, if we disregard the previous sentence; cultural and spiritual evolution has taken a different path for Australians, Americans, etc., which in that regard makes them different to Europeans, especially in the future with far more diversity than now. Hence the distinction from white/European and pseudo-white.

As for the last comment, obviously not all are blocked, since a few have parents who migrated only recently, and they still speak their native European languages and follow customs, etcetera. But most do not fall under the requirements.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:00:47 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:52:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/5/2015 1:46:18 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

They are mostly descended from Europeans, indeed, but not entirely. In addition, as I said there is more to the term than genetics only, if we disregard the previous sentence; cultural and spiritual evolution has taken a different path for Australians, Americans, etc., which in that regard makes them different to Europeans, especially in the future with far more diversity than now. Hence the distinction from white/European and pseudo-white.

As for the last comment, obviously not all are blocked, since a few have parents who migrated only recently, and they still speak their native European languages and follow customs, etcetera. But most do not fall under the requirements.

But what is your reasoning for blocking most people?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:01:30 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:18:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
This is not an official announcement of a presidential candidacy, but a formation of a new council composed of certain types of quality members who wish to cooperate to bring changes to the site. Together we will cooperate in order to make progress.

I will personally decide whether or not you fit very specific requirements I have in mind, but one of the qualities you must possess are the following: (a) You must be white/European. These two cannot be separated, so if you are "white" born outside of Europe, you are very likely to be pseudo-white, unless you have preserved your cultural/ethnic background entirely, plan on returning to your homeland, and do not consider a non-European country your own. If this is not met, you are not eligible to join; (b) You must be over 16 of age; (c) Have a philosophical and creative mind.

lmao

you rock dude
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:03:49 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:00:47 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Europeans are under-represented here, so to promote our presence I believe this is one of the ways. The exclusion of pseudo-whites is done because they do not fall under the aforementioned category.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:07:37 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:03:49 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/5/2015 2:00:47 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Europeans are under-represented here, so to promote our presence I believe this is one of the ways. The exclusion of pseudo-whites is done because they do not fall under the aforementioned category.

I know what you would like to change, and I support it. But how do you wish to accomplish integrating non-American things into the site when you are deliberately separating yourself from most of the user base?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:11:08 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:07:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I know what you would like to change, and I support it. But how do you wish to accomplish integrating non-American things into the site when you are deliberately separating yourself from most of the user base?
I am surely not separating myself in most ways by forming this group. It is simply meant to function as a group who, together with the rest of the user-base, will try to make changes that suit us as well as others.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:13:58 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:11:08 PM, Mirza wrote:
I am surely not separating myself in most ways by forming this group. It is simply meant to function as a group who, together with the rest of the user-base, will try to make changes that suit us as well as others.

It just seems elitist to me. Like - "We are holier than thou, so listen to us because we said so."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:22:43 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:13:58 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
It just seems elitist to me. Like - "We are holier than thou, so listen to us because we said so."
I understand this concern, and sympathize. However, we would not work that way in practice. We want to serve the interests of the site, but through our vision first and foremost.
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:01:05 PM

Hello, Im here to lead the communist revolution.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:01:10 PM
I can trace my family tree, in some respects (British, Scottish), back to the 1600s... although records before German unification on that side of the family are nearly impossible to access.
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:04:51 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:01:05 PM, komododragon8 wrote:
That's interesting. I'm sure we could find a way for both groups to function for the best interests of the site.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:06:17 PM

Aren't you slavic?
Tsar of DDO
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:07:10 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:04:51 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/5/2015 3:01:05 PM, komododragon8 wrote:
That's interesting. I'm sure we could find a way for both groups to function for the best interests of the site.

nah prepare to be overthrown.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:08:30 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:13:58 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/5/2015 2:11:08 PM, Mirza wrote:

You know this isn't serious?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:10:52 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:08:30 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate to lash insults that way, Sir. Let us be civil and constructive.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:11:21 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:10:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/5/2015 3:08:30 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate to lash insults that way, Sir. Let us be civil and constructive.

The Queen weeps.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:15:10 PM

I'm in full support of your plan, Sir.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:17:55 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:08:26 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/5/2015 3:07:10 PM, komododragon8 wrote:
nah prepare to be overthrown.
Ah, a troll. You shall be ignored.

More trollish than someone who makes a council which only allows white members.