Jump to topic:

Who is the Best Debater on DDO?

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:21:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I realize this is a pretty common forum topic, but simply because I don't want to necropost, I restart this topic:

Who are the top 10 best debaters on DDO?

I recommend that people nominate members for the position. My *personal* opinion is that these members should be nominated, in no particular order:

Bluesteel
Raisor
bsh1
whiteflame
16kadams
RoyLatham
Danielle
Mikal
Subutai
thett3
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:28:33 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:21:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
I realize this is a pretty common forum topic, but simply because I don't want to necropost, I restart this topic:

Who are the top 10 best debaters on DDO?

I recommend that people nominate members for the position. My *personal* opinion is that these members should be nominated, in no particular order:

Bluesteel
Raisor
bsh1
whiteflame
16kadams
RoyLatham
Danielle
Mikal
Subutai
thett3

Whiteflame. That's it.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:28:50 PM
Sig change.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:30:26 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:25:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
The top 4 are not even debatable

Bluesteel
Raisor
bsh1
whiteflame

First being blue

then the bot 3 interchangeable

What about Roy v. bsh or Roy v. whiteflame?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:31:18 PM

Bluesteel
Raisor
bsh1
whiteflame

First being blue

I suppose this is probably the most logical one, though :p
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:31:47 PM
I know judging by who beat who is a really lame measure but I think it is worth noting that both bluesteel and whiteflame are virtually undefeated despite having tons of debates with really good members. I think Raisor would have a good chance against either of them in a debate but on balance those two are the best
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:36:56 PM
I would not include myself in the top 10 debaters on DDO.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:38:35 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:31:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
I know judging by who beat who is a really lame measure but I think it is worth noting that both bluesteel and whiteflame are virtually undefeated despite having tons of debates with really good members. I think Raisor would have a good chance against either of them in a debate but on balance those two are the best

Yep, it is a lame measure. By "v.", I meant a comparison. Yes, bluesteel and whiteflame are virtually undefeated and have great Elo ratings.

So far,
1. Bluesteel
2. whiteflame
3. Raisor
4. bsh

Thanks for all your contributions so far!
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:39:37 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:36:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I don't reckon anyone would include themselves in the top 10 or anything, unless they're arrogant or way too rational.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:40:23 PM
O would say Bluesteel and Whiteflame first. Then probably 16kadams. Then it comes down to either Danielle or bsh.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:40:42 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:39:37 PM, tejretics wrote:

I don't reckon anyone would include themselves in the top 10 or anything, unless they're arrogant or way too rational.

I am not really sure I agree with that. I think someone like bluesteel could, without arrogance, include himself in the top 10. As the saying goes, "it ain't bragging if it's true."
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

RXR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:41:02 PM
you forgot to add me on the list.
RXR

(DDO HALL OF FAMeR and NOBEL PEACE PRIZE winner)

* Will be the first Jewish president
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:41:04 PM

I feel your pain, I don't know that I would include myself either. It helps though to realize that you feel the full brunt of your weaknesses and failures--others don't. Unless you stalked me a ton you wouldn't know some of the truly stupid sh1t I did, and I you.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

RXR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:41:13 PM
you forgot to add me on the list..
RXR

(DDO HALL OF FAMeR and NOBEL PEACE PRIZE winner)

* Will be the first Jewish president
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:41:25 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:40:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I am not really sure I agree with that. I think someone like bluesteel could, without arrogance, include himself in the top 10. As the saying goes, "it ain't bragging if it's true."

Rational. Same thing.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:41:53 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:41:04 PM, thett3 wrote:

I feel your pain, I don't know that I would include myself either. It helps though to realize that you feel the full brunt of your weaknesses and failures--others don't. Unless you stalked me a ton you wouldn't know some of the truly stupid sh1t I did, and I you.

I agree with that, though I definitely think you make top 10.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:42:43 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:41:25 PM, tejretics wrote:

Rational. Same thing.

Sure, "rational," but my quibble (since it's a minor point) is that you would have to be "way too rational" to do that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:43:33 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:42:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:41:25 PM, tejretics wrote:

Rational. Same thing.

Sure, "rational," but my quibble (since it's a minor point) is that you would have to be "way too rational" to do that.

Yeah, "rational" is probably enough. {{Corrected}}
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:45:29 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:43:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
I really disagree with most people's top ten, but not as much as I disagree with their top 5s.

Who are your top 10?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:47:46 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:45:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I really disagree with most people's top ten, but not as much as I disagree with their top 5s.

Who are your top 10?

How 'bout you, Boi?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:50:30 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:48:01 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Bsh just acts modest as a subtle way to get props :p

Lol...maybe ;)

But, no, seriously. I don't think I am in the top 10. I am totally willing to brag about things, but I just don't think I am in the top in this case. I think I am in top 15 or 20, but not top 10.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:58:03 PM

Bluesteel
Raisor
bsh1
whiteflame

First being blue

I think thett3 and roylatham are better than bsh1
anything your heart desires
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:58:48 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:41:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I'd like to be modest and disagree but I frankly have no idea. I have no clue what the quality of most of the newer members are, it's not like the old days where I read virtually every debate by everyone good for most people I doubt I had read more than maybe one. Even you I've only read a precious few of your debates.

And I really don't think I'm that good. I think I probably was when I was well practiced but I'm beyond rusty now that I barely seriously debate anymore. I made some serious tactical errors in my last debate for example--though to be fair to myself I was pretty aware of my error. I just wanted to talk about what I wanted to talk about even if it hurt me in the debate
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:00:20 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:31:47 PM, thett3 wrote:

Raisor should be undefeated.
Almost all his losses were a result of terrible voting.
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:01:57 PM

What's your's?
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:03:40 PM
At 4/13/2015 1:58:48 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:41:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I'd like to be modest and disagree but I frankly have no idea. I have no clue what the quality of most of the newer members are, it's not like the old days where I read virtually every debate by everyone good for most people I doubt I had read more than maybe one. Even you I've only read a precious few of your debates.

Why don't you read debates anymore?

And I really don't think I'm that good. I think I probably was when I was well practiced but I'm beyond rusty now that I barely seriously debate anymore. I made some serious tactical errors in my last debate for example--though to be fair to myself I was pretty aware of my error. I just wanted to talk about what I wanted to talk about even if it hurt me in the debate