Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:35:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
A Song of DDO and Fire: Episode 2

Prologue: http://www.debate.org...
Episodes 1: http://www.debate.org...

[Scene 1]

Air Max rode his mighty steed through the glittering palace gates. He felt triumphant after meting out such tasty vengeance against his brother Ore. He felt his grip on the Iron Throne tightening. Nothing could stop him now.

"M"Lord, M"lord"." His noble servant, Ima Bench came bolting from within the inner sanctity of the castle. "We have a problem, M"Lord. A local madman has been preaching against you. He has been stirring up the masses. He has them frothing at the mouth in a haze of mindless devotion, saying that your Rule displeases the Old Gods. Peasants have been taking up arms against you and many Castle Guards have been stabbed in the back in the streets."

Air could feel his blood boiling. How dare anyone question his Rule! All the worse that it was someone invoking those silly dead gods. "I"m the only true god," Air thought to himself. "There is no place in the Six Kingdoms for such silliness. I have made those peasants lives happy and long-lived" or at least bearable. How dare they question their god-king! Do they not remember what life was like before my Rule?!"

"Bring this false prophet to me," Air said to Ima.

[Scene 2]

BoG shuffled into the Royal Council Chambers, followed by a contingent of 6 soldiers.

"Welcome, Great Prophet," Air said with a false sense of warmness. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"No thank you, m"lord," Bog intoned. "I am the word of the Old Gods. I speak for them, and my mind must be unclouded by the sins of man so I can achieve my Task. This life is fleeting; t"is but a particle vibration in the winds of Time. I was once taken of the drink, but to that life I shall never return. In this illusion that is a real world, the Gods will one day"" "Yes, yes!," said Air with fake enthusiasm, hoping not to hear another word of this insufferable nonsense. "I agree, the Old Gods MUST return to this world, and you are just the right person to do it. How about we set you up with your own personal pulpit right here in the castle grounds. I wll give you a platform to preach this important message, and people can come from far and wide to hear you." "That would be good, m"lord," said BoG.

Air had already sized BoG up. This was a man so obsessed with himself and his preachings that he was completely oblivious to his surroundings. He whispered something to Ima, and BoG was spirited away to his new pulpit.

"The Old Gods do not approve of our current lifestyle," BoG yelled from the raised platform at the head of his new church. "We are not here, and are just thoughts in the minds of the Old Gods. Yet, the King would elevate himself above the Gods and tell you that this is real! That this life does matter! It is false. Lies. This life does not matter. The Gods will take you away, to a better place. You must rebel against the sins that the King has brought upon this Kingdom!"

BoG looked out and surveyed his faithful. None were moving, and sat at rapt attention. He felt confident that his message was reaching Those Who Needed To Hear.

Back in the Council Chambers, Air asked Ima, "Did it work?" "Yes, m"lord," said Ima. "We filled the pews with scarecrows, as you asked. He hasn"t seemed to notice the difference."

[Scene 3]

Rina tore through the forest, barely disturbing a branch with the light touch of her footsteps. She had a huge smile on her face. "Stop it, Mikaaall," she yelled over her shoulder, as Mikal came lumbering after her.

"Nooo, I"m gonna get you" and tickle you til you pee," Mikal said, with a wink in his voice.

Rina slowed her pace - Mikal could never actually catch her if she ran at full speed. She knew every branch, nook, and cranny of this forest, and could move swiftly and silently through it, matched by no man.

Mikal caught up with her and began tickling her stomach with his fingers. "Mikall, stooop," Rina said with a smirk, as she kissed his lips. Mikal kissed her back, hard, like a man thirsty after a two day"s march. They both sank to the damp ground of their majestic forest home. They spent more time out here than anywhere else.

As they were in the throes of passion, neither was paying any attention to their surroundings. A bush rustled. But the pair continued in their sordid acts - Rina fingers digging into Mikal"s back as she gazed deeply into Mikal"s eyes. Suddenly, Rina saw a burst of movement coming right at them. "Run Mikal!" Rina screamed. Rina took off to the East, and Mikal ran in the opposite direction. Which of the two would the Mere Bear go after? It glanced in both directions for a split second, before lumbering along the path Rina had taken.

Rina was fast for a human, but she only had two legs. The Mere Bear was right on her tail, and she could practically smell its sour breath closing in on her. She was already a few yards ahead, darting and ducking and avoiding branches, but she knew it was only a matter of time before the Mere Bear caught up to her. She made a mad dash towards the tree that Mikal and she had carved their initials in when they were younger. "It"s hollow," she thought. "I"ll be safe in there."

She could feel the Mere Bear gnashing at her heels. The tree was approaching fast, right across the clearing. She glanced over her shoulder and saw the Mere Bear raise its giant paw to take a swipe at her with its razor sharp claws. Just as it swung, she dove into the tiny hole at the base of the tree. She could hear the Mere Bear scratching at the tree bark and whining. It was not too happy that it had lost a meal.

"Stupid bear, go away," Rina thought. After 15 minutes, the bear stopped scratching, but she could hear it pacing outside the tree. Looks like she"d be here awhile. Rina settled into a comfortable position, gathered some moss and mushed it together into a pillow, then lay her head against the smooth inner bark of the tree. Feeling the terror and adrenaline drain from her body, she was suddenly exhausted. She knew she should still be scared, but her mind was just too tired to hold onto even that thought" Her eyes became unfocused, as she drifted off".

A booming voice come out of the pitch blackness. "You there, wake up!" Rina opened her eyes. Towering over her sat a 3-headed dog, with blazing fire in its eyes. "Listen, little one," it said. "I have a message I must impart. Be wary, of the one with the red hair, for he is not to be trusted. And jealously guard your offspring, for one day, One who you beget will set on the Iron Throne." Rina furrowed her brow in confusion. "And one last thing," bellowed the monster dog, as it turned to trot away. "I took care of that for you."

Rina squinted her eyes, trying to see through the darkness what the dog had indicated. As her eyes adjusted, she saw a patch of red. After a few more minutes, she could make out a brown lump lying there. It was the Mere Bear - brutally torn asunder.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:41:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/21/2015 3:35:23 PM, bluesteel wrote:
A Song of DDO and Fire: Episode 2

Prologue: http://www.debate.org...
Episodes 1: http://www.debate.org...

[Scene 1]

Air Max rode his mighty steed through the glittering palace gates. He felt triumphant after meting out such tasty vengeance against his brother Ore. He felt his grip on the Iron Throne tightening. Nothing could stop him now.

"M"Lord, M"lord"." His noble servant, Ima Bench came bolting from within the inner sanctity of the castle. "We have a problem, M"Lord. A local madman has been preaching against you. He has been stirring up the masses. He has them frothing at the mouth in a haze of mindless devotion, saying that your Rule displeases the Old Gods. Peasants have been taking up arms against you and many Castle Guards have been stabbed in the back in the streets."

Air could feel his blood boiling. How dare anyone question his Rule! All the worse that it was someone invoking those silly dead gods. "I"m the only true god," Air thought to himself. "There is no place in the Six Kingdoms for such silliness. I have made those peasants lives happy and long-lived" or at least bearable. How dare they question their god-king! Do they not remember what life was like before my Rule?!"

"Bring this false prophet to me," Air said to Ima.

[Scene 2]

BoG shuffled into the Royal Council Chambers, followed by a contingent of 6 soldiers.

"Welcome, Great Prophet," Air said with a false sense of warmness. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"No thank you, m"lord," Bog intoned. "I am the word of the Old Gods. I speak for them, and my mind must be unclouded by the sins of man so I can achieve my Task. This life is fleeting; t"is but a particle vibration in the winds of Time. I was once taken of the drink, but to that life I shall never return. In this illusion that is a real world, the Gods will one day"" "Yes, yes!," said Air with fake enthusiasm, hoping not to hear another word of this insufferable nonsense. "I agree, the Old Gods MUST return to this world, and you are just the right person to do it. How about we set you up with your own personal pulpit right here in the castle grounds. I wll give you a platform to preach this important message, and people can come from far and wide to hear you." "That would be good, m"lord," said BoG.

Air had already sized BoG up. This was a man so obsessed with himself and his preachings that he was completely oblivious to his surroundings. He whispered something to Ima, and BoG was spirited away to his new pulpit.

"The Old Gods do not approve of our current lifestyle," BoG yelled from the raised platform at the head of his new church. "We are not here, and are just thoughts in the minds of the Old Gods. Yet, the King would elevate himself above the Gods and tell you that this is real! That this life does matter! It is false. Lies. This life does not matter. The Gods will take you away, to a better place. You must rebel against the sins that the King has brought upon this Kingdom!"

BoG looked out and surveyed his faithful. None were moving, and sat at rapt attention. He felt confident that his message was reaching Those Who Needed To Hear.

Back in the Council Chambers, Air asked Ima, "Did it work?" "Yes, m"lord," said Ima. "We filled the pews with scarecrows, as you asked. He hasn"t seemed to notice the difference."

[Scene 3]

Rina tore through the forest, barely disturbing a branch with the light touch of her footsteps. She had a huge smile on her face. "Stop it, Mikaaall," she yelled over her shoulder, as Mikal came lumbering after her.

"Nooo, I"m gonna get you" and tickle you til you pee," Mikal said, with a wink in his voice.

Rina slowed her pace - Mikal could never actually catch her if she ran at full speed. She knew every branch, nook, and cranny of this forest, and could move swiftly and silently through it, matched by no man.

Mikal caught up with her and began tickling her stomach with his fingers. "Mikall, stooop," Rina said with a smirk, as she kissed his lips. Mikal kissed her back, hard, like a man thirsty after a two day"s march. They both sank to the damp ground of their majestic forest home. They spent more time out here than anywhere else.

As they were in the throes of passion, neither was paying any attention to their surroundings. A bush rustled. But the pair continued in their sordid acts - Rina fingers digging into Mikal"s back as she gazed deeply into Mikal"s eyes. Suddenly, Rina saw a burst of movement coming right at them. "Run Mikal!" Rina screamed. Rina took off to the East, and Mikal ran in the opposite direction. Which of the two would the Mere Bear go after? It glanced in both directions for a split second, before lumbering along the path Rina had taken.

Rina was fast for a human, but she only had two legs. The Mere Bear was right on her tail, and she could practically smell its sour breath closing in on her. She was already a few yards ahead, darting and ducking and avoiding branches, but she knew it was only a matter of time before the Mere Bear caught up to her. She made a mad dash towards the tree that Mikal and she had carved their initials in when they were younger. "It"s hollow," she thought. "I"ll be safe in there."

She could feel the Mere Bear gnashing at her heels. The tree was approaching fast, right across the clearing. She glanced over her shoulder and saw the Mere Bear raise its giant paw to take a swipe at her with its razor sharp claws. Just as it swung, she dove into the tiny hole at the base of the tree. She could hear the Mere Bear scratching at the tree bark and whining. It was not too happy that it had lost a meal.

"Stupid bear, go away," Rina thought. After 15 minutes, the bear stopped scratching, but she could hear it pacing outside the tree. Looks like she"d be here awhile. Rina settled into a comfortable position, gathered some moss and mushed it together into a pillow, then lay her head against the smooth inner bark of the tree. Feeling the terror and adrenaline drain from her body, she was suddenly exhausted. She knew she should still be scared, but her mind was just too tired to hold onto even that thought" Her eyes became unfocused, as she drifted off".

A booming voice come out of the pitch blackness. "You there, wake up!" Rina opened her eyes. Towering over her sat a 3-headed dog, with blazing fire in its eyes. "Listen, little one," it said. "I have a message I must impart. Be wary, of the one with the red hair, for he is not to be trusted. And jealously guard your offspring, for one day, One who you beget will set on the Iron Throne." Rina furrowed her brow in confusion. "And one last thing," bellowed the monster dog, as it turned to trot away. "I took care of that for you."

Rina squinted her eyes, trying to see through the darkness what the dog had indicated. As her eyes adjusted, she saw a patch of red. After a few more minutes, she could make out a brown lump lying there. It was the Mere Bear - brutally torn asunder.

That is incest made hot