Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

***April Round Robin Tournament Thread***

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:22:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
INTRO

This tournament will be a Round Robin style. That means that everyone in the tournament will debate everyone else in the tournament. Given that there are 5 competitors, everyone who signed up has committed to doing at least 4 rounds of debate.

If a competitor drops out of the tournament, a replacement will be substituted in for them. The replacement will inherit the record of the person who they replaced.

You will have 4 days in-between rounds to select topics. If you fail to agree on a topic in that time, a PF or LD topic from the last 7 years will be assigned to you [https://www.speechanddebate.org...]. Voting periods will be capped at 10 days to ensure a speedy progression of rounds.

The tournament will be tabulated such that a loss is equal to zero points, a tie is equal to 1 point, and a win is equal to 2 points. The highest point-earner is the winner. Should there be a tie at the end of the tournament for the highest point-earner, the tied contests will have a tie-braking debate in which a victor must be determined.

I have not assigned judges for this tournament as that tends to actually generate fewer votes on debates. Debaters are free to work together to decide how they want to have their debates judged.

This is important: As I do not want the tournament to drag on for weeks, I would really appreciate it if competitors were willing to do more than one of their debates at a time. This is not mandatory, but it would be helpful. But, I would rather have you do one debate at a time than overburden yourself doing multiple debates and then forfeiting all of them.

Below is a suggested schedule (randomized). Since this is not a bracket- or elimination-based tournament, you can do the debates in whatever order you like, and do multiple at once. Because of this freedom to choose when, which, and how many debates you do, please post links to all of your tournament debates in this thread. Regarding the 4 day rule, that rule means that you cannot go more than 4 days without having a tournament-related debate on-going. If you need to drop out, have questions, or need a time extension, contact me.

Thanks for participating! Best wishes and good luck to everyone!

CONTESTANTS

Contestants

1. 16kadams
2. Pfalcon1318
3. kingkd
4. debatability
5. Bossy

Replacements

1. Varrack
2. Cole
3. Voice

SUGGESTED SCHEDULE

Round 1

Debate vs. Bossy
King vs. Falcon
16k vs. Bossy

Round 2

16k vs. Debate
King vs. Bossy
16k vs. Falcon

Round 3

Bossy vs. Falcon
16k vs. King
Debate vs. Falcon

Round 4

King vs. Debate
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:28:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sweet! Looking forward to this.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:30:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And, for ease of reference, the sign-up thread: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:31:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:30:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
And, for ease of reference, the sign-up thread: http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

Fix'd
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:31:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:30:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
And, for ease of reference, the sign-up thread: http://www.debate.org...

That's not the sign-up thread, lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:32:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:31:20 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/23/2015 12:30:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
And, for ease of reference, the sign-up thread: http://www.debate.org...

That's not the sign-up thread, lol.

4 seconds ahead of you ;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:34:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There ya go. Now I am going to stop this abominable thread derailment, cuz if I don't, Max is gonna kill me.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
kingkd
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:56:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:37:16 PM, Pfalcon1318 wrote:
Looks fine to me.

Since I am debating you and you seem to be Pro-Abortion (reading your profile), I am anti abortion so wanna debate that?
The Constitution is just a damn piece of paper
-Barack Obama
"I actually support ...the Spanish inquisition, the murder of natives and so much more."
airmax1227
"Water is wet."
airmax1227
Pfalcon1318
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:58:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:56:14 PM, kingkd wrote:
At 4/23/2015 12:37:16 PM, Pfalcon1318 wrote:
Looks fine to me.

Since I am debating you and you seem to be Pro-Abortion (reading your profile), I am anti abortion so wanna debate that?

What, exactly, would we be debating?
kingkd
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 2:22:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:58:14 PM, Pfalcon1318 wrote:
At 4/23/2015 12:56:14 PM, kingkd wrote:
At 4/23/2015 12:37:16 PM, Pfalcon1318 wrote:
Looks fine to me.

Since I am debating you and you seem to be Pro-Abortion (reading your profile), I am anti abortion so wanna debate that?

What, exactly, would we be debating?

We can debate abortion ban me pro you con
The Constitution is just a damn piece of paper
-Barack Obama
"I actually support ...the Spanish inquisition, the murder of natives and so much more."
airmax1227
"Water is wet."
airmax1227
kingkd
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 8:58:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 12:22:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
INTRO

This tournament will be a Round Robin style. That means that everyone in the tournament will debate everyone else in the tournament. Given that there are 5 competitors, everyone who signed up has committed to doing at least 4 rounds of debate.

If a competitor drops out of the tournament, a replacement will be substituted in for them. The replacement will inherit the record of the person who they replaced.

You will have 4 days in-between rounds to select topics. If you fail to agree on a topic in that time, a PF or LD topic from the last 7 years will be assigned to you [https://www.speechanddebate.org...]. Voting periods will be capped at 10 days to ensure a speedy progression of rounds.

The tournament will be tabulated such that a loss is equal to zero points, a tie is equal to 1 point, and a win is equal to 2 points. The highest point-earner is the winner. Should there be a tie at the end of the tournament for the highest point-earner, the tied contests will have a tie-braking debate in which a victor must be determined.

I have not assigned judges for this tournament as that tends to actually generate fewer votes on debates. Debaters are free to work together to decide how they want to have their debates judged.

This is important: As I do not want the tournament to drag on for weeks, I would really appreciate it if competitors were willing to do more than one of their debates at a time. This is not mandatory, but it would be helpful. But, I would rather have you do one debate at a time than overburden yourself doing multiple debates and then forfeiting all of them.

Below is a suggested schedule (randomized). Since this is not a bracket- or elimination-based tournament, you can do the debates in whatever order you like, and do multiple at once. Because of this freedom to choose when, which, and how many debates you do, please post links to all of your tournament debates in this thread. Regarding the 4 day rule, that rule means that you cannot go more than 4 days without having a tournament-related debate on-going. If you need to drop out, have questions, or need a time extension, contact me.

Thanks for participating! Best wishes and good luck to everyone!

CONTESTANTS

Contestants

1. 16kadams
2. Pfalcon1318
3. kingkd
4. debatability
5. Bossy

Replacements

1. Varrack
2. Cole
3. Voice

SUGGESTED SCHEDULE

Round 1

Debate vs. Bossy
King vs. Falcon
16k vs. Bossy

Round 2

16k vs. Debate
King vs. Bossy
16k vs. Falcon

Round 3

Bossy vs. Falcon
16k vs. King
Debate vs. Falcon

Round 4

King vs. Debate

Anybody ready to debate me? I am Pro Palestine Pro GLobalization Anti Abortion Anti marijuana is mostly what I am willing to debate now. Pro private prisons also
The Constitution is just a damn piece of paper
-Barack Obama
"I actually support ...the Spanish inquisition, the murder of natives and so much more."
airmax1227
"Water is wet."
airmax1227
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 9:32:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Debate Links So Far

King vs. Debate: http://www.debate.org...
King vs. Falcon: http://www.debate.org...
16k vs. Bossy: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 2:20:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
DEBATES THUS FAR

Round 1

Debate vs. Bossy - TBA
King vs. Falcon - http://www.debate.org...
16k vs. Bossy - http://www.debate.org...

Round 2

16k vs. Debate - TBA
King vs. Bossy - TBA
16k vs. Falcon - TBA

Round 3

Bossy vs. Falcon - TBA
16k vs. King - http://www.debate.org...
Debate vs. Falcon - TBA

Round 4

King vs. Debate - http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 2:50:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Varrack is replacing Pfalcon.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:31:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My debate with 16k just entered the voting period:
http://www.debate.org...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 10:24:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
That should have been a bit more official lol ...

================================================================================================================================================

****** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ******

Varrack (http://www.debate.org...) is now replacing Pfalcon1318 (http://www.debate.org...)!

===========================================================================================================================================
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 6:27:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Varrack vs Bossyburrito - Drug Legalization:

http://www.debate.org...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 6:35:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/12/2015 10:24:42 AM, tejretics wrote:
That should have been a bit more official lol ...

================================================================================================================================================

****** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ******

Varrack (http://www.debate.org...) is now replacing Pfalcon1318 (http://www.debate.org...)!

===========================================================================================================================================

That deserves some props.
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 12:01:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/15/2015 6:35:50 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 5/12/2015 10:24:42 AM, tejretics wrote:
That should have been a bit more official lol ...

================================================================================================================================================

****** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ******

Varrack (http://www.debate.org...) is now replacing Pfalcon1318 (http://www.debate.org...)!

===========================================================================================================================================

That deserves some props.

Lol
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:09:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
DEBATES THUS FAR

Round 1

Debate vs. Shab - TBA
King vs. Varrack - http://www.debate.org...
16k vs. Shab - http://www.debate.org...

Round 2

16k vs. Debate - TBA
King vs. Shab - TBA
16k vs. Varrack - TBA

Round 3

Shab vs.Varrack - http://www.debate.org...
16k vs. King - http://www.debate.org...
Debate vs. Varrack - TBA

Round 4

King vs. Debate - TBA
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...