Jump to topic:

What I hate about the mobile version

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 11:18:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think the mobile version is okay, EXCEPT there isn't any notifications anymore. I use this site on my phone a lot, and this is highly annoying. I want to know when I get a message right away and be able to click right to it it instead of having to go through multiple steps!!!

Is there any way to contact Juggle to tell them this?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 11:23:33 AM
At 4/26/2015 11:18:30 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
I think the mobile version is okay, EXCEPT there isn't any notifications anymore. I use

Yea, the lack of notifications is the only real issue I can see. Some formatting decisions I would not have made, but this is the only "loss".
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 11:32:18 AM
At 4/26/2015 11:23:33 AM, TBR wrote:
I think the mobile version is okay, EXCEPT there isn't any notifications anymore. I use

Yea, the lack of notifications is the only real issue I can see. Some formatting decisions I would not have made, but this is the only "loss".
Yeah, it's really bugging me and discouraging me from using that part of the site.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:05:18 PM
I think the mobile version is okay, EXCEPT there isn't any notifications anymore. I use this site on my phone a lot, and this is highly annoying. I want to know when I get a message right away and be able to click right to it it instead of having to go through multiple steps!!!

The notifications do still exist, but it doesn't always alert you when there's a new notification.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:30:38 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:05:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

But in the same way that you can't prove that a tree fell in the forest if it didn't make a sound -- or if there wasn't anyone to hear it make a sound -- how can you prove that the notifications exist if no one was there to see them?

#DeepquestionswithJoeyPartUno
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:31:49 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:30:38 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

But in the same way that you can't prove that a tree fell in the forest if it didn't make a sound -- or if there wasn't anyone to hear it make a sound -- how can you prove that the notifications exist if no one was there to see them?

Are you a robot?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:32:26 PM

You know what is not Deep. The teeth inside a girls vagina
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:34:35 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:32:26 PM, Mikal wrote:

That's because that which does not exist cannot, in principle, be deep.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:35:24 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:31:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Are you a robot?

I can neither confirm nor deny that, lest our Axolotl King impose upon me penalties of the highest order.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:35:36 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:34:35 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Thoughts can be deep
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:36:27 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:35:36 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 4/26/2015 12:34:35 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Thoughts can be deep

They can be, but I'm more pessimistic about the human condition than that.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:59:38 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:48:40 PM, XLAV wrote:
We have a mobile version??
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:03:22 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:59:38 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/26/2015 12:48:40 PM, XLAV wrote:
We have a mobile version??

It's not really a mobile version, it's just a change to the layout on the phone.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 6:07:37 PM
I don't get a mobile version XD
It looks normal to me
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 12:20:16 AM

If you want to see notifications, you could:

1) Bookmark DDO's Home (Dashboard) so whenever you open up DDO you will see notifications first instead of the normal homepage
2) Click on the top-right corner button with lines across it which will drop down to show "dashboard, messages, profile, sign out" and there will be a blue thing next to 'dashboard' if you have a notification (it's cut off so you only see part of it)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 12:25:13 AM
At 4/27/2015 12:20:16 AM, Varrack wrote:

1) Bookmark DDO's Home (Dashboard) so whenever you open up DDO you will see notifications first instead of the normal homepage
2) Click on the top-right corner button with lines across it which will drop down to show "dashboard, messages, profile, sign out" and there will be a blue thing next to 'dashboard' if you have a notification (it's cut off so you only see part of it)

Good to know. I just wish they'd left it alone.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 12:27:40 AM
At 4/27/2015 12:25:13 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Same. I tried asking Customer Support in the Contact Us page but they ignored me. It's Juggle after all, so I wouldn't be surprised. I've gotten used to the new version but it still sucks.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 12:29:31 AM
At 4/27/2015 12:27:40 AM, Varrack wrote:

Same. I tried asking Customer Support in the Contact Us page but they ignored me. It's Juggle after all, so I wouldn't be surprised. I've gotten used to the new version but it still sucks.

I haven't. I strongly dislike it. Is there any other way to get their attention?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 12:36:10 AM
At 4/27/2015 12:29:31 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 4/27/2015 12:27:40 AM, Varrack wrote:

I haven't. I strongly dislike it. Is there any other way to get their attention?

Feedback I suppose. Asking max? Idk. It's normal on the computer/laptop at least.