Jump to topic:

Voting Question

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:47:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have a question about voting. I have found that I feel significantly more confident voting on IRL debates than on DDO debates (excluding IRL policy), which to me feels counter-intuitive, since I have more time to examine and review the written debates on DDO. Plus, all the arguments are right there in front of me, so I should be able to have perfect memory, so to speak, of the written events.

Does anyone else experience this? Why do you think this might be the case?
I'm a Bish.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:49:13 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:47:59 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I have a question about voting. I have found that I feel significantly more confident voting on IRL debates than on DDO debates (excluding IRL policy), which to me feels counter-intuitive, since I have more time to examine and review the written debates on DDO. Plus, all the arguments are right there in front of me, so I should be able to have perfect memory, so to speak, of the written events.

I can't answer your question for the life of me.....

What does IRL mean?
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:50:26 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:49:13 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Lol...okay.

What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

So, basically what I am saying is that it's easier for me to understand the complexities of and vote on spoken debates rather than written ones.
I'm a Bish.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:52:12 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:50:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Lol...okay.

What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

So, basically what I am saying is that it's easier for me to understand the complexities of and vote on spoken debates rather than written ones.

Oh, then I can TOTALLY answer your question. Yes, I is easier to vote on and understand IRL debates.

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:52:41 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:52:12 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

Oh, then I can TOTALLY answer your question. Yes, I is easier to vote on and understand IRL debates.

Why?
I'm a Bish.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 10:42:53 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:52:41 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 9:52:12 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

Why?

Sorry, I had classwork.

IRL debates just hold my attention more. I think it is just because I am right there listening to it, and it ends in a rather short amount of time compared to the 2-3 weeks some DDO debates do.