Jump to topic:

Voting Question

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:47:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a question about voting. I have found that I feel significantly more confident voting on IRL debates than on DDO debates (excluding IRL policy), which to me feels counter-intuitive, since I have more time to examine and review the written debates on DDO. Plus, all the arguments are right there in front of me, so I should be able to have perfect memory, so to speak, of the written events.

Does anyone else experience this? Why do you think this might be the case?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:49:13 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:47:59 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I have a question about voting. I have found that I feel significantly more confident voting on IRL debates than on DDO debates (excluding IRL policy), which to me feels counter-intuitive, since I have more time to examine and review the written debates on DDO. Plus, all the arguments are right there in front of me, so I should be able to have perfect memory, so to speak, of the written events.

I can't answer your question for the life of me.....

What does IRL mean?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:50:26 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:49:13 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Lol...okay.

What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

So, basically what I am saying is that it's easier for me to understand the complexities of and vote on spoken debates rather than written ones.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:52:12 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:50:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Lol...okay.

What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

So, basically what I am saying is that it's easier for me to understand the complexities of and vote on spoken debates rather than written ones.

Oh, then I can TOTALLY answer your question. Yes, I is easier to vote on and understand IRL debates.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:52:41 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:52:12 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

Oh, then I can TOTALLY answer your question. Yes, I is easier to vote on and understand IRL debates.

Why?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 10:42:53 AM
At 4/30/2015 9:52:41 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 9:52:12 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
What does IRL mean?

In Real Life

Why?

Sorry, I had classwork.

IRL debates just hold my attention more. I think it is just because I am right there listening to it, and it ends in a rather short amount of time compared to the 2-3 weeks some DDO debates do.
Suh dude