Jump to topic:

**Mobile update being updated**

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:17:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Juggle is aware of the situation with the mobile platform and is working on updating it shortly. What are the top 5 things that need to be improved FOR THE MOBILE PLATFORM?

Thank you
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:20:06 AM
At 4/30/2015 11:17:19 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Juggle is aware of the situation with the mobile platform and is working on updating it shortly. What are the top 5 things that need to be improved FOR THE MOBILE PLATFORM?

Thank you

The two Zaradi outlined.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:23:22 AM
Zaradi's ideas

1. Notifications. This one is pretty obvious. The new format has absolutely f*ck all way of showing when someone's replied to you or sent you a message. It makes it a pain to keep up with conversations and, in general, use the site. This is a need-to-fix.

2. The zoom size on the screen. At least on my iPhone (I believe it's a 4S), whenever you open the mobile page it has the text super zoomed in so that you can't see anything without rezooming the page and messing with everything. It keeps going microscopic zoom with each page load, so constantly haggling with the zoom on the screen is a pain.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:25:16 AM

Thank you

1) Seeing notifications
2) Seeing who the fuk is typing in the forums. You can't even see profile pics when people type there and half the time there is not even a username, just a wall of text

That is two of the most annoying ones by far
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:29:57 AM
At 4/30/2015 11:25:16 AM, Mikal wrote:

Thank you

1) Seeing notifications
2) Seeing who the fuk is typing in the forums. You can't even see profile pics when people type there and half the time there is not even a username, just a wall of text

Oddly I don't have that.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:36:39 AM
At 4/30/2015 11:29:57 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thank you

1) Seeing notifications

Oddly I don't have that.

There is 0 default pics on my ipad. I can't see who is posting what. I can't even see the name of the person who typed the forums posts. I was trying to do a mafia game last night and respond to people and it was just straight text no name or pictures
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:38:35 AM
1. Inability to see notifications

2. Some pages are automatically zoomed in when loaded

3. DDO Header enlarges when zooming in

4. Vertical system requires excessive amount of scrolling to reach the bottom

5. Profile pictures cannot be seen in forums, polls
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:39:49 AM
At 4/30/2015 11:36:39 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 4/30/2015 11:29:57 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thank you

1) Seeing notifications

Oddly I don't have that.

There is 0 default pics on my ipad. I can't see who is posting what. I can't even see the name of the person who typed the forums posts. I was trying to do a mafia game last night and respond to people and it was just straight text no name or pictures

Weird. I have them on my iPhone. I wonder if it has to do with the device.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:42:37 AM
How about

1) Actual bug tracking system.
2) A actual feature request system.

Doing this sort of thing through a forum is just garbage.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:01:46 PM

Thank you

In my opinion, the most important improvement is to allow mobile users to use the desktop version instead, if that is their preference. For example, my phone settings have an option for whether I want to use desktop or mobile versions, but DDOs mobile interface overrides that. A profile setting for such as preference, because it is likely that whatever improvements are made to the mobile version, not everyone will be pleased with them.

As to improving the interface, itself:

1: The lack of a notifications drop down should be addressed. As far as I can tell, currently mobile users have to go to the dashboard to view any notifications.
2: The option to remove the persistent banner doesn't remove it. Mobiles have limited display area, and the banner takes up a decent portion of it.

Those are the only changes I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:22:10 PM
At 4/30/2015 11:38:35 AM, Varrack wrote:
1. Inability to see notifications

2. Some pages are automatically zoomed in when loaded

3. DDO Header enlarges when zooming in

4. Vertical system requires excessive amount of scrolling to reach the bottom

5. Profile pictures cannot be seen in forums, polls

This ^

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:20:24 PM
At 4/30/2015 1:18:53 PM, XLAV wrote:
How about they fix the search bar?

One can dream, right?
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:24:00 PM

Whats wrong with the search bar?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:24:00 PM

Whats wrong with the search bar?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:25:46 PM

Thank you

1) Seeing notifications

Turn your tablet device sideways.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:03:55 PM

Thank you

If we need to have a mobile header, just have it be a condensed version of the regular one. I like that one more.

Also. I want to get to my messages without going to my member messages page.

And, fix the goddamn debates, and don't make the screen so zoomed in that I have to scroll down multiple phone lengths to read a medium-length post.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:05:49 PM
And make an actual mobile version - not just a zoomed in version, so I can use the desktop or that's what I want.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:40:33 PM
I'd like the option to opt out of the mobile platform, just because I don't trust them to fix this problem.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:41:52 PM
At 4/30/2015 2:40:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'd like the option to opt out of the mobile platform, just because I don't trust them to fix this problem.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:07:01 PM

Thank you

Just change it back to 2011 DDO but with notifications.

I want the sidebar back.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:13:35 PM

Thank you

http://www.debate.org...

send them this while your at it
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:22:48 PM
Here is the status (with some redacted names, and sentences changed so it flows).

Juggle,

I presume that you have already gotten some feedback on today's update for the mobile version. Do you know if some of the bugs (the large blocking, loss of notifications, poor formatting, etc) are being worked on or anything else I can pass on to the members?

Thank you,

Ore_Ele

Sent from my iPhone

Ore_Ele,
I received your message and wanted to let you know we are actively working on the updates and most should be addressed tomorrow. I will update you and please let me know if you have any questions. My apologies on the inconveniences while we update the site so it is mobile friendly!

Thanks again.

Ore_Ele,

One more note - do you want to provide me with a top 5 list of the issues you and the group have and we will prioritize those items first?

As I am sure you know, we had to move DDO to mobile friendly from Google's most recent Mobilegeddon update. We absolutely want to make sure you and the group have a full functioning website to use and want to understand what your "hot issues" are so we can address those first. :)

Thanks again!

Thank you very much. I will work with the members to help get the info so we can make the most of the update.

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone

Ore_Ele,

Sounds great. I think it would be better to have you and the group's list versus us selecting the top issues. We had to ensure the pages passed Google's mobile friendly test - which none of the pages were previously - so now we are tweaking it and testing to ensure we continue to pass Google's mobile friendly test but also ensure the site functions in a way it is acceptable for you and the group.

When do you think you can get a top 5 list from the group? I cannot promise we will make all the requested changes due to how Google looks at the pages but we will absolutely review the top 5 list and make updates as we can.

Thanks again!
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:25:12 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:22:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Here is the status (with some redacted names, and sentences changed so it flows).

Juggle,

I presume that you have already gotten some feedback on today's update for the mobile version. Do you know if some of the bugs (the large blocking, loss of notifications, poor formatting, etc) are being worked on or anything else I can pass on to the members?

Thank you,

Ore_Ele

Sent from my iPhone

Ore_Ele,
I received your message and wanted to let you know we are actively working on the updates and most should be addressed tomorrow. I will update you and please let me know if you have any questions. My apologies on the inconveniences while we update the site so it is mobile friendly!

Thanks again.

Ore_Ele,

One more note - do you want to provide me with a top 5 list of the issues you and the group have and we will prioritize those items first?

As I am sure you know, we had to move DDO to mobile friendly from Google's most recent Mobilegeddon update. We absolutely want to make sure you and the group have a full functioning website to use and want to understand what your "hot issues" are so we can address those first. :)

Thanks again!

Thank you very much. I will work with the members to help get the info so we can make the most of the update.

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone

Ore_Ele,

Sounds great. I think it would be better to have you and the group's list versus us selecting the top issues. We had to ensure the pages passed Google's mobile friendly test - which none of the pages were previously - so now we are tweaking it and testing to ensure we continue to pass Google's mobile friendly test but also ensure the site functions in a way it is acceptable for you and the group.

When do you think you can get a top 5 list from the group? I cannot promise we will make all the requested changes due to how Google looks at the pages but we will absolutely review the top 5 list and make updates as we can.

Thanks again!

We're "the group"? Cool.

Sidebar.

Also, what's Google doing? I haven't heard about that.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:26:18 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:25:12 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Juggle,

Thank you,

Ore_Ele

Sent from my iPhone

Ore_Ele,

Thanks again.

Ore_Ele,

Thanks again!

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone

Ore_Ele,

Thanks again!

We're "the group"? Cool.

Sidebar.

Also, what's Google doing? I haven't heard about that.

If websites don't meet certain mobile standards, they won't show up as high on searches from mobile devices.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:27:24 PM

As I am sure you know, we had to move DDO to mobile friendly from Google's most recent Mobilegeddon update.

"Do no evil," my donkey!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:29:29 PM
http://searchengineland.com...

I had to google "mobilegeddon update." Google is changing (or has just recently changed) the way their algorithms rank websites (when being searched) so now sites that don't fit into Google's view of "mobile friendly" will get buried and die.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:33:43 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:29:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I had to google "mobilegeddon update." Google is changing (or has just recently changed) the way their algorithms rank websites (when being searched) so now sites that don't fit into Google's view of "mobile friendly" will get buried and die.

Thank you for working with Juggle to fix this. Much appreciated.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:34:41 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:33:43 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 4/30/2015 5:29:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Thank you for working with Juggle to fix this. Much appreciated.

It's the least a derpy dolphin could do.