Jump to topic:

Unique forum for bugs & features.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:44:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been banging on about the need for a bug/features system. It occurs to me the simplest (therefore most likely to be implemented) would be a unique forum. This would accomplish many of the requirements of a "grown up" formal bug tracker.

1) Each unique bug or feature request would be isolated.
a) Each user suffering from said bug, or requesting a feature could commit on THAT issue only.
b) When complete, communication about the resolution would be more complete.
2) Priority could be determined by activity. That is, a large count of comments would denote a priority issue.
3) As a problem is resolved, it would naturally fall off the list.
4) Reduction in multiple reporting.
5) An issue would get a unique identifier. The link to the forum topic.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:48:11 PM
At 4/30/2015 12:44:09 PM, TBR wrote:
I have been banging on about the need for a bug/features system. It occurs to me the simplest (therefore most likely to be implemented) would be a unique forum. This would accomplish many of the requirements of a "grown up" formal bug tracker.

1) Each unique bug or feature request would be isolated.
a) Each user suffering from said bug, or requesting a feature could commit on THAT issue only.
b) When complete, communication about the resolution would be more complete.
2) Priority could be determined by activity. That is, a large count of comments would denote a priority issue.
3) As a problem is resolved, it would naturally fall off the list.
4) Reduction in multiple reporting.
5) An issue would get a unique identifier. The link to the forum topic.

Neat idea.... To bad Juggle ain't gonna implement it; they never do.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:54:38 PM
The current method, a single forum thread for each, bugs and feature requests has...

Bugs
Started on : 9/18/12 Last update on: 4/30/15
Total posts: 469 on 16 pages

Feature Requests
Total posts: 504 on 17 pages

There is no real way for that to be useful, or accomplish the goal.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:57:47 PM
At 4/30/2015 12:54:38 PM, TBR wrote:
The current method, a single forum thread for each, bugs and feature requests has...

Bugs
Total posts: 469 on 16 pages

Feature Requests
Total posts: 504 on 17 pages

There is no real way for that to be useful, or accomplish the goal.

You actually took the time to do that.....

None of those have been fixed/implemented by Juggle. Why would they make a new forum with your layout? It would be too hard for Juggle to do.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:03:22 PM

None of those have been fixed/implemented by Juggle. Why would they make a new forum with your layout? It would be too hard for Juggle to do.

I don't disagree. My wish for a real system I discarded as too much for them to care about. This, however, would be a huge improvement with absolute minimal effort. If they are unable, or unwilling to address the issues, that is another problem.

When a bug is reported, it should be marked as acknowledged , assigned point person, run through normal dev cycle. This is.... OLD standards stuff.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:12:01 PM
At 4/30/2015 1:03:22 PM, TBR wrote:

I don't disagree. My wish for a real system I discarded as too much for them to care about. This, however, would be a huge improvement with absolute minimal effort. If they are unable, or unwilling to address the issues, that is another problem.

Minimal effort, huh? Yep, Juggle definitely isn't gonna implement anything associated with the word "effort," minimal or otherwise.

When a bug is reported, it should be marked as acknowledged , assigned point person, run through normal dev cycle. This is.... OLD standards stuff.

I don't disagree with your idea; I actually think it a great idea, but stupid ole Juggle ain't gonna do a thing about it.
Suh dude