Jump to topic:

DDO Appreciates: Bsh1

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:30:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We should make an appreciation tradition, every six months or so, perhaps concurrent with the presidential elections or otherwise. While I know that elections are coming up, I think now is a better time, so I'll go ahead.

Bsh1 is a preeminent member here. There is nothing on this site he hasn't done, and he actively contributes in all the meaningful activity areas that this site has to offer.

1. Debates

Bsh1 is one of the few active members who regularly engage in meaningful and substantive (non-noob snipe, troll, rap battle, or other frivolous kinds of debates). That takes time, effort and considerable energy -and the quality of his debates speaks for itself.

Bsh1 is one of the very few to have amassed an ELO which was predicated entirely on substantive debates not frivolous debates, and given that his ELO is what it is (7,198, as I post this) that speaks volumes both to the extent that he has debated and the record of success he's seen in the course of doing that. He currently has the fourth highest ELO on the site.

2. Opinions/Polls

Bsh1 has been active in both the opinion/polls section; especially the polls section, with 768 poll votes cast as I write this. He is listed on the first page of the polls leaderboard, and his poll activity has been considerable.

3. Forums

Bsh1 has almost 15,000 forum posts, which puts him in the top percentile of contributors to DDO's most popular avenue for contribution.

Mafia: Bsh1 has successfully modded and played in both beginners and non-beginners series games, and he has demonstrated noted ability in both arenas. Very few debaters are able to both debate and balance a list of modding duties as such.

Non-Mafia: bsh1 regularly offers meaningful contributions in virtually every area of the forum. He has done everything from writing excellent fan fics, to opining on some of them most complicated political and philosophical issues -and in the course of that articulated well considered positions to those ends.

4. Political

Bsh1 has proven an adroit and devoted helper and campaign manager in his capacity as Bladerunner's vice president and offered valuable counsel to all those areas of community political activity in which he has been engaged or affiliated with.

I will ask, therefore, that you all join me in giving him -to the extent that we are able here- a round of applause for all that he is done. He is DDO's renaissance man, and deserves our recognition and celebration.

Beyond his many accomplishments as a member, he is quite possibly the nicest, most generous and affectionate member of this site. I have witnessed him undertake great personal sacrifice (most of which the majority of DDO members will never know of) to other's benefit, simply because he knew he was in a position to help. He has gone above and beyond any reasonable call of duty, and I think that speaks volumes of his character.

It also bears mentioning that I love him dearly.

Let's all let bsh1 know how much we appreciate him!
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:32:36 PM
At 4/30/2015 3:30:03 PM, YYW wrote:
We should make an appreciation tradition, every six months or so, perhaps concurrent with the presidential elections or otherwise.

That kinda already exists.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:33:37 PM
At 4/30/2015 3:32:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We should make an appreciation tradition, every six months or so, perhaps concurrent with the presidential elections or otherwise.

Not in this way.
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:58:22 PM
At 4/30/2015 3:33:37 PM, YYW wrote:

Not in this way.

I agree. Between the HOF, shout-out threads, leaderboards, elections, signatures, profile comments, mafia MVP's, and pm's, there are simply not enough ways to discuss and acknowledge people on the site. We should get Juggle on this.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:59:39 PM
At 4/30/2015 3:58:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Not in this way.

I agree. Between the HOF, shout-out threads, leaderboards, elections, signatures, profile comments, mafia MVP's, and pm's, there are simply not enough ways to discuss and acknowledge people on the site. We should get Juggle on this.

I smell your sarcasm

and I raise you apathy
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 4:03:56 PM
On a flip note

i don't see an issue with praise threads, they are always useful even if nothing other than offering encouragement. Nothing wrong with thanking people for good deeds
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 4:08:17 PM
At 4/30/2015 4:03:56 PM, Mikal wrote:
On a flip note

i don't see an issue with praise threads, they are always useful even if nothing other than offering encouragement. Nothing wrong with thanking people for good deeds

Especially for people like bsh1. He deserves the recognition.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 4:13:25 PM
Like I did one of these for zaradi, and everyone that is having a rough time needs to hear honest words. I've had my fair share of sht and bsh has opted to help me when I was in rough shape. I can remember when I was like hitting the streets and he gave me 50 dollars, that does not seem like much but for someone that is going through college and on a tight budget it is alot. He has devoted countless hours into the site with mafia, and high quality debates. If anyone needs to here a welcome and I love you from the site , its him.

There is literally nothing anyone can say that is negative about him. He has only been, and always will be a positive impact on the site

not sure what you are going through buddy or what prompted this but chin up. There is no a single person on here that does not value you or care about you.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 4:42:17 PM
If there's one person on DDO that's always been kind to me, and I've never been mad at, it's Bsh1. He's a great person.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:00:31 PM
At 4/30/2015 3:58:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Not in this way.

No need to be Bshy about it...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:29:20 PM
At 4/30/2015 4:42:17 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
If there's one person on DDO that's always been kind to me, and I've never been mad at, it's Bsh1. He's a great person.

He really is.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:36:32 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:32:35 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't know bsh as well as I would like but from what I have seen, I totally agree. He's a great guy and deserves appreciation. Cheers bsh1.

(:
Tsar of DDO