Jump to topic:

the term nothing

Neutric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 7:00:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
People say there not doing nothing and in reality they always are whether it layin or sitting down, standing, breathing ext... Its impossible to do nothing even in death. If you don't believe in afterlife's, your body is still doing something, rottening and being feasted upon.
There is no such thing as nothing!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 7:02:54 PM
At 8/4/2010 7:00:33 PM, Neutric wrote:
People say there not doing nothing and in reality they always are whether it layin or sitting down, standing, breathing ext... Its impossible to do nothing even in death. If you don't believe in afterlife's, your body is still doing something, rottening and being feasted upon.

Double negative. :P

Sorry, grammar nazi moment.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 7:05:58 PM

Agreed /thread
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 7:11:00 PM
One could argue in death there is no 'you' in the sense of personhood and any action is merely a consequence of decay - certainly not directed action which is the usual intent of the phrase 'doing nothing'.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 7:12:24 PM

when people ask what you are "doing" an intentional state is implied. since dead bodies no longer have consciousness, they no longer have intentional states. soooo they can't really said to be "doing"... things are just happening to them. its different.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...