Jump to topic:

My account logged into others

132sque
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 4:40:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
not sure why but my account kept logging into other peoples profiles when i logged in through facebook. then an error message popped up, then i couldn't access thee website at all!

Any idea what happened? I've now had to create a completely new account!
NOT HAPPY
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 4:57:43 PM
At 5/3/2015 4:40:13 PM, 132sque wrote:
not sure why but my account kept logging into other peoples profiles when i logged in through facebook. then an error message popped up, then i couldn't access thee website at all!

NOT HAPPY

There are several bugs causing problems on the site lately and they will be fixed as soon as possible.
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 5:41:22 PM
At 5/3/2015 4:57:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

NOT HAPPY

There are several bugs causing problems on the site lately and they will be fixed as soon as possible.

*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Looks at calendar*

Fixed as soon as possible my a$s...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 5:42:13 PM

NOT HAPPY

Very specific.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:23:17 PM
not sure why but my account kept logging into other peoples profiles

Donald.Keller has been having the same issue.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:33:43 PM
At 5/3/2015 5:41:22 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

NOT HAPPY

*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Looks at calendar*

If you are reffering to the mobile updates (or front page debates) that is a different issue.

What I am referring to are significant bugs, some of which have already been fixed. As for these account log-in problems, I only found out about them yesterday. So yes, like I said, they will be fixed as soon as possible.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:36:45 PM
At 5/3/2015 6:23:17 PM, Ragnar wrote:
not sure why but my account kept logging into other peoples profiles

Donald.Keller has been having the same issue.

Several members have reported that particular problem to me, and I've looked into the issue and made juggle aware, so this will hopefully be fixed by tomorrow.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:40:03 PM

NOT HAPPY

This is deeply disconcerting.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:42:19 PM
At 5/3/2015 6:33:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

NOT HAPPY

*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Looks at calendar*

If you are reffering to the mobile updates (or front page debates) that is a different issue.

What I am referring to are significant bugs, some of which have already been fixed. As for these account log-in problems, I only found out about them yesterday. So yes, like I said, they will be fixed as soon as possible.

The time of the bugs and the mobile updates make me skeptical of that.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:52:50 PM
At 5/3/2015 6:42:19 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

NOT HAPPY

*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Looks at calendar*

There's obviously a connection between the site updates and the bugs. That they are connected doesn't mean they wont be fixed as soon as possible, and some (that I found earlier in the week) already have been. This log-in bug was something I only found out about yesterday, so it will be fixed as soon as possible following the weekend.

if you are pessimistic about the speed at which the bugs will be fixed because the mobile optimization hasn't occured at the speed you would like, I can only reassure you by telling you that these are two completely separate issues in terms of prioritization and implementation.
Debate.org Moderator
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:00:33 PM
Yes, I had the facebook issue too. I created a local password, and was able to login with email and local site password.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:00:44 PM
At 5/3/2015 6:52:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

NOT HAPPY

*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Looks at calendar*

There's obviously a connection between the site updates and the bugs. That they are connected doesn't mean they wont be fixed as soon as possible, and some (that I found earlier in the week) already have been. This log-in bug was something I only found out about yesterday, so it will be fixed as soon as possible following the weekend.

if you are pessimistic about the speed at which the bugs will be fixed because the mobile optimization hasn't occured at the speed you would like,

Mobile optimization, at this point, would be to reverse the past few updates.

I can only reassure you by telling you that these are two completely separate issues in terms of prioritization and implementation.

Making sure that members can log into the damn site should have been done days ago.

After they do that, they should realize that their update was for the worse.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:03:00 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have been suggesting some ways to have ONE bug that can be referred to. This could reduce confusion like this.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:07:17 PM
At 5/3/2015 7:00:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 5/3/2015 6:52:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

NOT HAPPY

*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Looks at calendar*

if you are pessimistic about the speed at which the bugs will be fixed because the mobile optimization hasn't occured at the speed you would like,

Mobile optimization, at this point, would be to reverse the past few updates.

That's not really the issue being discussed here.

I can only reassure you by telling you that these are two completely separate issues in terms of prioritization and implementation.

Making sure that members can log into the damn site should have been done days ago.

As I already mentioned, I did not realize this was a problem until yesterday. I can't fix something that I don't realize is a problem.

After they do that, they should realize that their update was for the worse.

Again, that is a different issue.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:09:18 PM
At 5/3/2015 7:03:00 PM, TBR wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have been suggesting some ways to have ONE bug that can be referred to. This could reduce confusion like this.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.

There have been several bugs I've encountered, including the one that is the topic of this thread. Several have been dealt with, and following the weekend the one that is the topic of this thread will be dealt with. I don't really see any confusion there.
Debate.org Moderator
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:51:11 AM

NOT HAPPY

Yep, that kinda happened to me. I tried logging in on my Chrome browser and it gave me an "unexpected error". So I clicked the profile button and the URL said that I was logged in as TheDarkMuffin, which was really odd. I searched up that profile on a different browser and it turns out that account was abandoned by the original user because it was defected by a bug...so weird.