Jump to topic:

um... hi...

burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:27:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
hi, i'd say i was new to the site, but i'm not. i just haven't been on in a long long time.

i just wanted to know what has gone on in the last couple months in terms of DDO history or whatever... the last thing i can remember is... oh, the fiasco with josh. he's not still around is he? of course, looking around on the forums, i barely see anyone i recognize....

who's still here of the original debate.org, when debate.org wasn't debate.org, but debate.com?
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:35:01 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:31:19 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
??? did you have something to say or are you just the new "post random things" guy?

I have been posting random things for awhile now, but I don't remeber you so, I guess I am still new. I usually post KFC.

KFC!
kfc
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:38:43 AM
Lots of mafia games, many of the older, "popular" members are still with us, L has taken over the leaderboard.

Big members like Logical_Master, Yraelz, and Kleptin really haven't been on for the last several months. I know Kleptin has posted within the last week, but he isn't as active as he used to be.

L, Vi, JBlake, Volkov, Nags, and the like have consistently posted on here.

L has climbed the leaderboard and may be considered one of the most valuable members here.

Newer members such as Korashk, tvellalott, xxdarkxx, and many others have participated recently. FREEDO has become an attention *****, but he's drastically changed in his political viewpoints and contributes to the Misc. forum.

GodSands has returned, and DATC really hasn't.

If you bring up specific topics, I can tell you about them.

I know I'm missing a lot of members like Freeman, alex, and many others, but I just gave a general overview.

We haven't had too much drama, and there haven't been too many decent debates. An interesting video rap battle tournament terminated a while ago.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:40:41 AM
well when i left, i think L was already pretty high up on the leaderboard... kleptin had the top then though...

by L you mean Lwerd, right?

so no josh business anymore? that was an annoying time
Omnes te moriturum amant 

SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:42:03 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:38:43 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

We haven't had too much drama, and there haven't been too many decent debates. An interesting video rap battle tournament terminated a while ago.

So, theLwerd being banned, votes being revealed on debates and the subsquent accusations between the geese brothers and theLwerd/Vi and askbob being banned once and for all (and his actions that led to it) was not drama?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:42:40 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:40:41 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
well when i left, i think L was already pretty high up on the leaderboard... kleptin had the top then though...

L references theLwerd, correct.

Josh hasn't been on. Phil threatened to sue him if he kept trolling on DDO. Apparently Josh went a little too far with certain members on here (INH, or InsertNameHere, is one of them).

A lot of members here miss Josh and want him back, but I feel similar to your sentiments.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:42:56 AM

nah; there are "trollish" members I suppose you could say, but only on the forum
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:43:40 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:42:40 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

L references theLwerd, correct.

Josh hasn't been on. Phil threatened to sue him if he kept trolling on DDO. Apparently Josh went a little too far with certain members on here (INH, or InsertNameHere, is one of them).

A lot of members here miss Josh and want him back, but I feel similar to your sentiments.

askbob is NOT Josh
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:44:47 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:42:03 AM, SportsGuru wrote:

So, theLwerd being banned, votes being revealed on debates and the subsquent accusations between the geese brothers and theLwerd/Vi and askbob being banned once and for all (and his actions that led to it) was not drama?

It was, but I thought burningpuppies may have already known about that.

For some reason, I seem to remember that burningpuppies made a similar thread to this one right after those happened, and that he was consequently informed about all of that.

Otherwise, if he wasn't, I apologize for leaving that out.

Besides, that stuff wasn't really "dramam." It was mere online bickering between several parties over matters that don't really "matter." Nonetheless, we all seem to be getting along better.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:45:57 AM
wait. askbob's fully gone? what did he do? i thought he came back and just stopped doing things that pissed phil off...

lwerd was banned? i remmeber something going on between lwerd/vi and the mongeese/mongoose brothers, cuz someone insulted someone else, and that developed into something there... but she got banned for it?

i wasnt here for panda being banned either.. what did *he* do.....

and ya, i made another thread a while ago, but then i left ddo for a long time, just hoping for a news refresher.. lol
Omnes te moriturum amant 

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:46:08 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:44:47 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

For some reason, I seem to remember that burningpuppies made a similar thread to this one right after those happened, and that he was consequently informed about all of that.

Besides, that stuff wasn't really "dramam." It was mere online bickering between several parties over matters that don't really "matter." Nonetheless, we all seem to be getting along better.

*"Drama."
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:46:58 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:44:47 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

maybe he did; idk

I would think that would qualify drama for this site; the only "real" drama that would matter is if Phil sold the site
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:48:48 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:45:57 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
wait. askbob's fully gone? what did he do? i thought he came back and just stopped doing things that pissed phil off...

lwerd was banned? i remmeber something going on between lwerd/vi and the mongeese/mongoose brothers, cuz someone insulted someone else, and that developed into something there... but she got banned for it?

L was banned, but got her account back. Some members feel (like mongeese) that L votebombed both on her original account and temporary account. Nevertheless, she has her original account.

Panda still has his account; I think he caught got for multiple accounts.

and ya, i made another thread a while ago, but then i left ddo for a long time, just hoping for a news refresher.. lol
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:49:14 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:45:57 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

he got a bunch of pictures from INH facebook profile I believe; he was just making accounts until they got banned and just decided to stop

I think the banning happened because of a reported insult in pm messages and it intensified to voteboming arguments once votes were revealed

Panda created a purposely hideous Ms Datcmoto account
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:50:14 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:46:59 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
so has phil still not done anything with the site? cuz it seems the same to me

You can see who voted for whom in the debates.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:54:28 AM
oh, i remember the msdact fiasco too.....

but panda apologized profusely for that one, didn't he?

so you can see how people voted instead of just demographics? that's great! i might start debating again... lol
Omnes te moriturum amant 

J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:00:51 AM
Askbob didn't just decide to leave, he kept using proxies to make new accounts every day and Phil threatened to sue him if he didn't stop.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:05:09 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:46:59 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
so has phil still not done anything with the site? cuz it seems the same to me

Still the same.

Good to see you back around, if for a short time. Most of the old members from our day have gone. I think the only ones left are me, theLwerd, Vi, Puck, Brian_Eggleston, Ragnar, and PoeJoe. Was Roy Latham around that far back?

A lot of the old regulars rarely come around anymore. Those are Britt Waller, L-M, Yraelz, Kleptin, theSkeptic, Harlan, Rezz, askbob (permabanned), Beem0r, Labrat, Cirro, Biowsa, Lightkeeper, Tatarize, InquireTruth, Johnicle, Mangani, KRFournier... I'm sure I am missing a few others. Anyone in particular that you are looking for?

It's kind of depressing to see how few of us are left from the beginning.

The good news is, no sign of Josh for many many months.