Account Issues

whiteflame55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:27:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey guys,

For all those people who've been trying to contact me on my main account, I've been having issues accessing it recently due to a site error. Airmax is on it, but for the time being, this is the account people should contact me on. And, just in case anyone's still uncertain, it's whiteflame :P
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:28:32 PM
*Twiddles thumbs*

*Checks watch*

*Checks calendar*
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:28:45 PM
At 5/4/2015 7:27:13 PM, whiteflame55 wrote:
Hey guys,

For all those people who've been trying to contact me on my main account, I've been having issues accessing it recently due to a site error. Airmax is on it, but for the time being, this is the account people should contact me on. And, just in case anyone's still uncertain, it's whiteflame :P

OMG you're multi-ing.... permaban right now.

jk

lol

(But seriously I hope that gets straightened out as soon as possible)
Tsar of DDO
whiteflame55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:30:46 PM
At 5/4/2015 7:28:45 PM, YYW wrote:
Hey guys,

OMG you're multi-ing.... permaban right now.

jk

lol

(But seriously I hope that gets straightened out as soon as possible)

*sigh* Yeah, it's being worked on. Sorry to everyone who's been messaging me over the past few days - it's been really infuriating.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 10:23:58 AM
Hey guys,

Oh ... welcome, er, again.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 10:33:11 AM
Hey guys,

I was having this issue too.

1) Are you using either the Facebook-login or another cross site login?
2) Have you set a password within the local site?

I was able to set a password on the site and login with email/local password.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 10:34:11 AM
Hey guys,

And, as a side note, it seemed to follow a device. That is, I was able to login with my work desktops, not laptop etc.
whiteflame55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:10:48 AM
At 5/5/2015 10:33:11 AM, TBR wrote:
Hey guys,

I was having this issue too.

1) Are you using either the Facebook-login or another cross site login?
2) Have you set a password within the local site?

I was able to set a password on the site and login with email/local password.

Yeah, it's definitely associated with the Facebook login. This account is established with an email and local password and it works fine. Unfortunately, the problem persists across all computer types. I've had instances of it happening before, but those were short-lived and, using a work computer, I could deal with them. Not so now. Been going on for about 5 days.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:15:11 AM

Yeah, it's definitely associated with the Facebook login. This account is established with an email and local password and it works fine. Unfortunately, the problem persists across all computer types. I've had instances of it happening before, but those were short-lived and, using a work computer, I could deal with them. Not so now. Been going on for about 5 days.

My account is tied to my Facebook account. There is way to set a local password, then login as normal. It's a bit of a chicken-egg problem though. If you can't access your account from ANY device, then you are going to have a hard time setting the local password.
whiteflame55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 12:22:57 PM
At 5/5/2015 11:15:11 AM, TBR wrote:

My account is tied to my Facebook account. There is way to set a local password, then login as normal. It's a bit of a chicken-egg problem though. If you can't access your account from ANY device, then you are going to have a hard time setting the local password.

You've hit the nail on the head :P
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 12:43:14 PM

You've hit the nail on the head :P

If anyone can find the access token for the site, this SHOULD resolve the issue.
https://www.facebook.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 12:44:02 PM
Let me try the link again. Adding spaces so the site doesn't mess with it.

https:// www. facebook.com/logout.php? access_token=ACCESS_TOKEN&confirm=1&next=REDIRECT
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 12:45:00 PM
The access token is the site access token, not the user token. This is a known issue with a resolution. All we need is said token.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 2:46:36 PM
Hey guys,

Resolved: Whiteflame55 is Whiteflame.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 2:55:04 PM
At 5/5/2015 2:46:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hey guys,

Resolved: Whiteflame55 is Whiteflame.

I'll take con.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 6:46:38 PM
At 5/5/2015 4:12:55 PM, whiteflame wrote:
And I'm back!

yayyyyy
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 7:30:56 PM
The log-in issue should be resolved now.

If anyone else experiences this problem again, please let me know as soon as possible.
Debate.org Moderator