Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Word from Mikal

ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:30:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a regrettably unfortunate way for him to needlessly end his time here...for what? Getting punished?
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 28,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:32:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

He's coming back.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:34:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://38.media.tumblr.com...
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:15:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.

That was his own decision. I suspect he's interested in accruing sympathy, which I'll grant him. It's hard to be banned, and embarrassing. But like the perma-ban instead of the temp-ban, Mikal knowingly and actively chose it.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:26:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

So much drama.

This site is not your family. At some point everyone moves on. If he wanted too, good for him.
Varrack
Posts: 2,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:36:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

I thought max refused to perma-ban him.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:36:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
what did i miss
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:45:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 3:43:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Pathetic and predictable

/end

-.-
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:52:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 3:26:13 PM, TBR wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

So much drama.

This site is not your family. At some point everyone moves on. If he wanted too, good for him.

+1
bsh1
Posts: 28,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:04:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 3:15:59 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.

That was his own decision. I suspect he's interested in accruing sympathy, which I'll grant him. It's hard to be banned, and embarrassing. But like the perma-ban instead of the temp-ban, Mikal knowingly and actively chose it.

I agree, and I think the site will be calmer for his departure; however, my point was he did not have to chose it. He could've chosen to become a polite and productive member of the site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:08:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 4:04:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/8/2015 3:15:59 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.

That was his own decision. I suspect he's interested in accruing sympathy, which I'll grant him. It's hard to be banned, and embarrassing. But like the perma-ban instead of the temp-ban, Mikal knowingly and actively chose it.

I agree, and I think the site will be calmer for his departure; however, my point was he did not have to chose it. He could've chosen to become a polite and productive member of the site.

I completely agree. You said it far more eloquently.
bsh1
Posts: 28,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:10:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 4:08:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 4:04:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/8/2015 3:15:59 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.

That was his own decision. I suspect he's interested in accruing sympathy, which I'll grant him. It's hard to be banned, and embarrassing. But like the perma-ban instead of the temp-ban, Mikal knowingly and actively chose it.

I agree, and I think the site will be calmer for his departure; however, my point was he did not have to chose it. He could've chosen to become a polite and productive member of the site.

I completely agree. You said it far more eloquently.

Thanks...Hopefully this will breed a more harmonious DDO environment.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,826
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:14:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
"for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.

What exactly happened? May you give me a short description on what transpired?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
TheChristian
Posts: 1,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:17:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

I SAY GOOD RIDDANCE. He was only interested in something if it benefitted him. He was selfish, and did things just so he could. I am glad that he won't come back. I swear, he was worse than Raccoon98. At least he was honest about his selfishness.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:31:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 4:14:25 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
"for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.

What exactly happened? May you give me a short description on what transpired?

It's on here: http://ddo.wikia.com...
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:41:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

He brought this upon himself.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:01:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 4:31:39 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 4:14:25 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
"for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.

What exactly happened? May you give me a short description on what transpired?

It's on here: http://ddo.wikia.com...

Kahos
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:14:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

I understand Mikal's inner anger. But, it was his pursuit for absolute freedom that led to this. No one should have absolute freedom . . . it's not healthy and it's not conducive to life.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:20:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 5:14:23 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

I understand Mikal's inner anger. But, it was his pursuit for absolute freedom that led to this. No one should have absolute freedom . . . it's not healthy and it's not conducive to life.

There's a dif between freedom and entitlement. He was not for freedom--he was metaphorically crapping on people for saying things he didn't like. But I pretty much agree with your analysis.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:23:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/8/2015 5:20:42 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 5:14:23 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

I understand Mikal's inner anger. But, it was his pursuit for absolute freedom that led to this. No one should have absolute freedom . . . it's not healthy and it's not conducive to life.

There's a dif between freedom and entitlement. He was not for freedom--he was metaphorically crapping on people for saying things he didn't like. But I pretty much agree with your analysis.

Mikal felt that he could say whatever he wanted. Well, he couldn't. Reality bit him in the ***.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:33:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, perma-banned or not, there's always going to members that will push us to our wit's end. This is a human weakness . . . it aint ever going away.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:35:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Those of us that want to debate and that frequent these kinds of sites are simply going to have to put up with it.