Jump to topic:

Word from Mikal

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:30:04 AM
This is a regrettably unfortunate way for him to needlessly end his time here...for what? Getting punished?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:31:19 AM
I'm glad he followed through with his promise. He's at least a man of his word.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:32:25 AM
At 5/8/2015 12:28:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Mikal asked me to inform you all, that he is now perma-banned, so 'everything is resolved,' and to tell you all goodbye.

He's coming back.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM
"for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM

He brought a temp-ban on himself with egregious conduct. Then, he literally got himself perma-banned. There is no wording I could use to describe how stupid his actions were in the past several hours, and again - he brought it on himself.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 12:35:54 AM
At 5/8/2015 12:34:55 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
http://38.media.tumblr.com...

I love you.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:15:59 PM
At 5/8/2015 12:31:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I think it is universally acknowledged that Mikal crossed a line and that a temp ban was in order. But, I agree that a temp-ban doesn't necessitate him leaving the site forever.

That was his own decision. I suspect he's interested in accruing sympathy, which I'll grant him. It's hard to be banned, and embarrassing. But like the perma-ban instead of the temp-ban, Mikal knowingly and actively chose it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:26:13 PM

So much drama.

This site is not your family. At some point everyone moves on. If he wanted too, good for him.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:36:12 PM

I thought max refused to perma-ban him.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:36:40 PM
what did i miss
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:45:07 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:43:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Pathetic and predictable

/end

-.-
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:52:13 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:26:13 PM, TBR wrote:

So much drama.

This site is not your family. At some point everyone moves on. If he wanted too, good for him.

+1
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:04:43 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:15:59 PM, kbub wrote:

That was his own decision. I suspect he's interested in accruing sympathy, which I'll grant him. It's hard to be banned, and embarrassing. But like the perma-ban instead of the temp-ban, Mikal knowingly and actively chose it.

I agree, and I think the site will be calmer for his departure; however, my point was he did not have to chose it. He could've chosen to become a polite and productive member of the site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:08:00 PM
At 5/8/2015 4:04:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I agree, and I think the site will be calmer for his departure; however, my point was he did not have to chose it. He could've chosen to become a polite and productive member of the site.

I completely agree. You said it far more eloquently.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:10:00 PM
At 5/8/2015 4:08:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 4:04:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I completely agree. You said it far more eloquently.

Thanks...Hopefully this will breed a more harmonious DDO environment.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:14:25 PM
At 5/8/2015 12:34:26 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

What exactly happened? May you give me a short description on what transpired?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:17:24 PM

I SAY GOOD RIDDANCE. He was only interested in something if it benefitted him. He was selfish, and did things just so he could. I am glad that he won't come back. I swear, he was worse than Raccoon98. At least he was honest about his selfishness.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:31:39 PM
At 5/8/2015 4:14:25 PM, SamStevens wrote:

It's on here: http://ddo.wikia.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:41:45 PM

He brought this upon himself.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:01:42 PM
At 5/8/2015 4:31:39 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 4:14:25 PM, SamStevens wrote:

It's on here: http://ddo.wikia.com...

Kahos
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:14:23 PM

I understand Mikal's inner anger. But, it was his pursuit for absolute freedom that led to this. No one should have absolute freedom . . . it's not healthy and it's not conducive to life.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:20:42 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:14:23 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

I understand Mikal's inner anger. But, it was his pursuit for absolute freedom that led to this. No one should have absolute freedom . . . it's not healthy and it's not conducive to life.

There's a dif between freedom and entitlement. He was not for freedom--he was metaphorically crapping on people for saying things he didn't like. But I pretty much agree with your analysis.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:23:12 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:20:42 PM, kbub wrote:
At 5/8/2015 5:14:23 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

There's a dif between freedom and entitlement. He was not for freedom--he was metaphorically crapping on people for saying things he didn't like. But I pretty much agree with your analysis.

Mikal felt that he could say whatever he wanted. Well, he couldn't. Reality bit him in the ***.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:33:34 PM
Well, perma-banned or not, there's always going to members that will push us to our wit's end. This is a human weakness . . . it aint ever going away.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:35:14 PM
Those of us that want to debate and that frequent these kinds of sites are simply going to have to put up with it.