Jump to topic:

Official Rabbit Chat Link!

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 3:22:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wanted to do this in place of Google Hangouts, since as most of you know, Ghangs have a limit of 10 people. I'm not sure how many people are allowed in rabbit, so I guess this is like a trial and error thing.

Since Rabbit Chat links aren't permanent unless you create an account, I want to use this thread as like more of just where you can post a link if you want to gather people to join...? Idk, whatevs.

Anyway, as some of you may know, rabbit also lets you watch movies or videos together, or pretty much anything, as long as you have internet connection. So idk if this is gonna go as well as Google Hangouts have gone for us, or if this will die out.

Here's the first link, https://rabb.it...
A few of us are watching a movie together right now.
I may or may not be a cat
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 3:54:56 PM
At 5/10/2015 3:22:14 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
I wanted to do this in place of Google Hangouts, since as most of you know, Ghangs have a limit of 10 people. I'm not sure how many people are allowed in rabbit, so I guess this is like a trial and error thing.

Since Rabbit Chat links aren't permanent unless you create an account, I want to use this thread as like more of just where you can post a link if you want to gather people to join...? Idk, whatevs.

Anyway, as some of you may know, rabbit also lets you watch movies or videos together, or pretty much anything, as long as you have internet connection. So idk if this is gonna go as well as Google Hangouts have gone for us, or if this will die out.

This is exactly why I don't want Rabbit to become mainstream - I don't trust a Rabbit hangout not to devolve into the constant disregard of IP.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:01:55 PM
At 5/10/2015 3:54:56 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

This is exactly why I don't want Rabbit to become mainstream - I don't trust a Rabbit hangout not to devolve into the constant disregard of IP.

What do you mean by that? Like, people will misuse rabbit to make multis or something?
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:02:37 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:01:55 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

What do you mean by that? Like, people will misuse rabbit to make multis or something?

No, "IP" as in "intellectual property" as in copyright.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:06:27 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:02:37 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

You can also use it to watch YouTube videos, or go on Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Even if you don't like streaming movies off of those types of sites, rabbit is still useful.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:07:15 PM

Ohhhh.... Well, I mean, if someone had Netflix, we could use that.... Or just stick to using RabbitChat as a straight up group chat like G+

Idek how this is gonna work out in the first place, and if it doesn't, well....
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:07:59 PM
Riddle me this, do you have permission to use that, or any of your avatars?
How do you know that someone does not have the rights to said IP?
My work here is, finally, done.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:34:27 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:07:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
You're right, actually. I'm going to only use public domain avatars from now on.
I doubt that anyone on DDO owns the rights to movies.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:38:05 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:34:27 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
You're right, actually. I'm going to only use public domain avatars from now on.
I admire your discipline.

If I own the right to a movie (i.e. own the film, rented it online, etc.), I'd have the right to show others if they were over at my house. What is the difference?
My work here is, finally, done.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:41:57 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:38:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

If I own the right to a movie (i.e. own the film, rented it online, etc.), I'd have the right to show others if they were over at my house. What is the difference?

A Rabbit room could be considered a "public presentation" or something along those lines - it's much more open and freely accessible than a private house.

I'm almost certain you wouldn't be able to show a DVD to 20+ people in your house either.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:46:24 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:41:57 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

A Rabbit room could be considered a "public presentation" or something along those lines - it's much more open and freely accessible than a private house.

You can't get in without a link. How does that make it public?

I'm almost certain you wouldn't be able to show a DVD to 20+ people in your house either.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:53:21 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:46:24 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

The link is posted online, meaning that it's open to anyone, regardless of geographical proximity/physical limitations.

Either way, it shows that there are some limitations on public showings.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:07:03 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:53:21 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

The link is posted online, meaning that it's open to anyone, regardless of geographical proximity/physical limitations.

Ok. Then put it this way - if there was a concern people were using this service to violate copyright, would it still be up after so many months?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:08:11 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:07:03 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Ok. Then put it this way - if there was a concern people were using this service to violate copyright, would it still be up after so many months?

You realize that ThePirateBay is online, right?

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:36:55 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:08:11 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Actually it got wrecked (ironic as it's a ship) but other torrent sites still exist so I see your point.
hey b0ss ( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:37:39 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:36:55 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:

Actually it got wrecked (ironic as it's a ship) but other torrent sites still exist so I see your point.

It's back online

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:38:22 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:37:39 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

It's back online

Try downloading a torrent off of it, you'l find the file is blank.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:41:53 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:38:22 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:
At 5/10/2015 5:37:39 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

It's back online

Try downloading a torrent off of it, you'l find the file is blank.

well i googled and this is why apparently https://www.youtube.com...

Maybe things changed. I don't bother with torrents, I just stream and mostly on my real ip.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:49:37 PM

Fair enough. But, I was trying to find some information about them, and they made the names of their executives and their telephone number public. They'd be stupid to make that sort of stuff public if they were fostering something illegal. In fact, they've made their headquarters public knowledge:

822 Winslow Street, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA

https://www.linkedin.com...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King