Jump to topic:

Unfairness of life

KernGordon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:04:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't understand it really, whenever something is unfair and you know damn well it's unfair why is the reply to unfairness "Life is unfair" well if life is unfair why don't we change it, no one likes too feel injustice with the excuse "Life is unfair" people don't like it so how comes when people try to change that to insure that what is fair happens they get punished for it, isn't that kind of oppression?!? I hate being patronised and I hate having my views belittled because of my freaking status," people are allowed to do thing just because" what the hell kind of reason is that?! It's absurd and I believe if we see something we don't like we should at least have the opportunity to change it!
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:26:22 AM
At 5/12/2015 9:04:38 AM, KernGordon wrote:
I don't understand it really, whenever something is unfair and you know damn well it's unfair why is the reply to unfairness "Life is unfair" well if life is unfair why don't we change it, no one likes too feel injustice with the excuse "Life is unfair" people don't like it so how comes when people try to change that to insure that what is fair happens they get punished for it, isn't that kind of oppression?!? I hate being patronised and I hate having my views belittled because of my freaking status," people are allowed to do thing just because" what the hell kind of reason is that?! It's absurd and I believe if we see something we don't like we should at least have the opportunity to change it!
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

You know what's unfair?
When people complain about unfairness, inequality, and oppression in the same breath, and want to be taken as seriously as those that understand the difference.

In other words, I have no idea what you are complaining about - it is unclear.
My work here is, finally, done.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:36:25 AM
At 5/12/2015 9:26:22 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

You know what's unfair?
When people complain about unfairness, inequality, and oppression in the same breath, and want to be taken as seriously as those that understand the difference.

The unfairness of life...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:46:35 AM
At 5/12/2015 9:36:25 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

You know what's unfair?

Then what does his status have to do with anything?
Who is oppressing him? God?

It sounds like he is complaining about discrimination in some form, but what that form is, I don't know.
My work here is, finally, done.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:51:01 AM
At 5/12/2015 9:46:35 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/12/2015 9:36:25 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

You know what's unfair?

Then what does his status have to do with anything?
Who is oppressing him? God?

To me it seems like other people.

It sounds like he is complaining about discrimination in some form, but what that form is, I don't know.

Probably people making fun of him because of his inability to effectively write a coherent post.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 11:22:38 AM
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

It's not really fair that people expect you to just roll over and accept the unfairness just because "life is unfair," but you know what? Life is unfair.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 1:09:23 PM
At 5/12/2015 11:22:38 AM, philochristos wrote:
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

It's not really fair that people expect you to just roll over and accept the unfairness just because "life is unfair," but you know what? Life is unfair.

Is it really unfair, or is how we have made life unfair.?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 1:21:08 PM
At 5/12/2015 1:09:23 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 5/12/2015 11:22:38 AM, philochristos wrote:
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

Is it really unfair, or is how we have made life unfair.?

If we made life unfair, then life would be unfair, wouldn't it? So I don't understand the dichotomy you're making between life being unfair and us making life unfair.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 4:10:36 PM
SHOULDN'T WE?!?!

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." -Mother Teresa