Jump to topic:

Favorite Lord of the Rings Battle?

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 6:50:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As a major Lord of the Rings fan, I was curious as to what DDO members thought was the best battle in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. My favorite is Helm's Deep; Legolas and Gimli's competition for most kills, Legolas's epic scene with shield skateboard, who could ask for any better? A close second would be Pelennor Fields or The Battle of Gondor (also known as Osgiliath) Please comment your favorite battle of Lord of the Rings, hopefully this should be fun!

(Note: this does include the battles from the new prelude series: The Hobbit)
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 7:52:23 PM
At 5/12/2015 6:50:09 PM, Hayd wrote:
As a major Lord of the Rings fan, I was curious as to what DDO members thought was the best battle in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. My favorite is Helm's Deep; Legolas and Gimli's competition for most kills, Legolas's epic scene with shield skateboard, who could ask for any better? A close second would be Pelennor Fields or The Battle of Gondor (also known as Osgiliath) Please comment your favorite battle of Lord of the Rings, hopefully this should be fun!

I agree, the Helms Deep one was the best. I liked Pelennor Fields also, but they make the Gondor soldiers. look useless.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:04:44 PM
I don't think anyone questions that Helm's Deep is the best. It's long, complex, fairly realistic in terms of strategy and entertaining. The second would be the Battle of Gondor.

If you wanted to include the Hobbit movies, the actual Battle of the Five Armies was fantastic as well, as long as it was focusing on group combat. I think it got much weaker when it started focusing on individual conflicts within the battle.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 9:11:36 PM
At 5/12/2015 9:04:44 PM, TN05 wrote:
I don't think anyone questions that Helm's Deep is the best. It's long, complex, fairly realistic in terms of strategy and entertaining. The second would be the Battle of Gondor.

I like that one too.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 12:03:51 PM

The battle for Frodo's soul in Mordor.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 12:07:57 PM

The battle of Helm's Deep Followed by Pelennor Fields and the Black Gate. The speeches in all three are incredible, and they have great visual effects.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:47:13 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:33:25 PM, XLAV wrote:
My fav is the battle for Narnia.

The Battle of the Pokemon was much better, though.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid