Jump to topic:

FREEDO's 21,000th Post

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 1:54:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ALL RISE OR KNEEL OR SIT DOWN, WHATEVER IS MOST COMFORTABLE, FOR INDEED THE GRAND HIGH POOBAH IS IN THE HOUSE

Oh my sweet, who I've missed dearly...I have clawed my way back to you, out from the miry depths of madness to bring you...an important message!...which has been sent straight to me through my....omm, pineal gland...from the Goddess of Chaos Herself!!...that shall quite viscerally fragment all your illusory perceptions!!! Ha! How exciting!!!! HAHA!

Ahh, but, unfortunately, I forgot that important message soon after receiving it. You know, I am a very high poobah after all. I got distracted by something. All well. No use crying over spilled supernatural prophecies, as they sometimes say...

So now on to more trivial matters. It is upon this day that I just so happened to have completed my 21st rotation around our nearest star. It is typical in my surrounding culture to celebrate this occasion. Which I find strange. As if I were the one responsible for pushing the Earth around the Sun. As if I had even made some return to a certain point in space. But of course, that's all hooey. The sun itself is moving at 45,000 miles per hour around the Milky Way. And the Milky Way is moving at 515,000 miles per hour in a random direction! You are never going to be in the same place in the universe again. You're nowhere near the place you were 1 minute ago. Putting all that aside, there's still the fact that I'm not the same person I was just 7 years ago, with all the atoms in my body having been recycled elsewhere. So who's birthday am I really celebrating?

It was at that moment the author realized that 21,000 posts is a much greater cause for celebration than 21 imaginary cycles. It was then a single moment later that he would realize he was already creating that very same post. Haha, oh, how could he forget? That fool.

But the narrator was wrong. I am not a fool. I am a god. We are all amazing gods. And together make all things possible.

Whoa, slow down there...What he's trying is...I need you DDO.

Because this place is not just a place. This website is not just a website. These forums are not just forums. Those debates are not just debates. This post isn't just a post. This sense I'm making doesn't just make sense. What this is--what this be--it's all those things--but it's also a life. It's a force of energy. It's a sprawling, feeding, evolving creature of memes and ideas that open new neural pathways in the mind of the collective subconscious. We are working towards a higher consciousness simply by being here and sharing ideas. We are raising ourselves and we are raising a new generation. We are bringing the future into focus.

Suddenly I woke up to the sound of trumpets. Who could be making such noise? The ones who woke up before me. Now I grab a trumpet a play beside them. Soon no one will sleep for long.

You want to change society? Here's a test. Change your community first. Want to change your community? Here's a test. Change yourself first.

We can be something greater if we want to be. This will become more clear in time.

Here's my challenge to you, my very best of friends. It's the same challenge I've always offered.
GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

Happy 21,000th post to me.

I'll be back.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 2:43:38 AM
At 5/14/2015 1:54:40 AM, FREEDO wrote:
ALL RISE OR KNEEL OR SIT DOWN, WHATEVER IS MOST COMFORTABLE, FOR INDEED THE GRAND HIGH POOBAH IS IN THE HOUSE

Oh my sweet, who I've missed dearly...I have clawed my way back to you, out from the miry depths of madness to bring you...an important message!...which has been sent straight to me through my....omm, pineal gland...from the Goddess of Chaos Herself!!...that shall quite viscerally fragment all your illusory perceptions!!! Ha! How exciting!!!! HAHA!

Ahh, but, unfortunately, I forgot that important message soon after receiving it. You know, I am a very high poobah after all. I got distracted by something. All well. No use crying over spilled supernatural prophecies, as they sometimes say...

So now on to more trivial matters. It is upon this day that I just so happened to have completed my 21st rotation around our nearest star. It is typical in my surrounding culture to celebrate this occasion. Which I find strange. As if I were the one responsible for pushing the Earth around the Sun. As if I had even made some return to a certain point in space. But of course, that's all hooey. The sun itself is moving at 45,000 miles per hour around the Milky Way. And the Milky Way is moving at 515,000 miles per hour in a random direction! You are never going to be in the same place in the universe again. You're nowhere near the place you were 1 minute ago. Putting all that aside, there's still the fact that I'm not the same person I was just 7 years ago, with all the atoms in my body having been recycled elsewhere. So who's birthday am I really celebrating?

It was at that moment the author realized that 21,000 posts is a much greater cause for celebration than 21 imaginary cycles. It was then a single moment later that he would realize he was already creating that very same post. Haha, oh, how could he forget? That fool.

But the narrator was wrong. I am not a fool. I am a god. We are all amazing gods. And together make all things possible.

Because this place is not just a place. This website is not just a website. These forums are not just forums. Those debates are not just debates. This post isn't just a post. This sense I'm making doesn't just make sense. What this is--what this be--it's all those things--but it's also a life. It's a force of energy. It's a sprawling, feeding, evolving creature of memes and ideas that open new neural pathways in the mind of the collective subconscious. We are working towards a higher consciousness simply by being here and sharing ideas. We are raising ourselves and we are raising a new generation. We are bringing the future into focus.

Suddenly I woke up to the sound of trumpets. Who could be making such noise? The ones who woke up before me. Now I grab a trumpet a play beside them. Soon no one will sleep for long.

You want to change society? Here's a test. Change your community first. Want to change your community? Here's a test. Change yourself first.

We can be something greater if we want to be. This will become more clear in time.

Here's my challenge to you, my very best of friends. It's the same challenge I've always offered.
GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

I'll be back.

That is one grand 21,000th post.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 3:07:59 AM
Happy birthday/21,000th post, you crazy bastard.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 8:23:08 AM
Happy Birthday and Congrats on 21k posts, lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:35:12 PM
Happy Birthday and Congrats.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:45:35 PM

GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

I'll be back.

How's it feel to have no life?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:59:05 PM
At 5/14/2015 12:45:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

I'll be back.

How's it feel to have no life?

It feels awesome.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 1:01:46 PM

GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

I'll be back.

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 2:32:47 PM

GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

I'll be back.

Happy 21st birthday and happy 21,000th post.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:56:54 PM

GO CHANGE YOUR MIND
GO CHANGE ALL THE MINDS

I'll be back.

You have now posted enough to legally drink while posting (though most people still drink while posting, even though they are underposted).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 7:14:18 PM

HAPPY DAY AFTER YOUR BIRTHDAY!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.