Announcing Presidential Candidacy

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 8:34:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey, Everyone!

I am just announcing that I will be running for DDO President. When YYW told me that he was not going to be able to run, I began to think about running myself and so I reached out to Zaradi to be my VP and BlackVoid to be my Chief of Staff, and I was thrilled and honored when both accepted. They are both trustworthy, reliable, and dedicated members who care about DDO and its community, and I sincerely believe they will excel at advocating for the site and in assisting in my administration, if elected.

I hope, during the upcoming campaign season, to run an issues-based, positive campaign that will earn your vote. I have a variety of ideas for things than can substantively contribute to DDO, and I hope you will give me a chance to implement those ideas as President. Zaradi, BV, and I have put many of those ideas together in a platform that we will be announcing this weekend.

DDO is important to me, and it has been a significant part of my life for almost 2 years now. This community has given me so, so much--friends, memories, entertainment, competition, intellectual space, knowledge, and (most importantly) a boyfriend who I love dearly. I would like to now give a little bit back to DDO, and seeking the Presidency is one way in which I can do that.

Again, I want to thank Zaradi and BV for agreeing to be part of this team and to DDO and its community for all the things it has given me. I hope to earn your vote and, if elected, to do as much as I can as President for the site. Thank you!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 8:50:19 AM
At 5/14/2015 8:34:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hey, Everyone!

I am just announcing that I will be running for DDO President. When YYW told me that he was not going to be able to run, I began to think about running myself and so I reached out to Zaradi to be my VP and BlackVoid to be my Chief of Staff, and I was thrilled and honored when both accepted. They are both trustworthy, reliable, and dedicated members who care about DDO and its community, and I sincerely believe they will excel at advocating for the site and in assisting in my administration, if elected.

I can be the general of your anti-spam armies.

I hope, during the upcoming campaign season, to run an issues-based, positive campaign that will earn your vote. I have a variety of ideas for things than can substantively contribute to DDO, and I hope you will give me a chance to implement those ideas as President. Zaradi, BV, and I have put many of those ideas together in a platform that we will be announcing this weekend.

You have my vote. VTL bsh

But no, seriously, I won't be here for a few months and will consequently miss the election, but I would vote for you, as you seem to be the most convincing person thus far.

Unvote

DDO is important to me, and it has been a significant part of my life for almost 2 years now. This community has given me so, so much--friends, memories, entertainment, competition, intellectual space, knowledge, and (most importantly) a boyfriend who I love dearly. I would like to now give a little bit back to DDO, and seeking the Presidency is one way in which I can do that.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." ~ Muhammad Ali.

Again, I want to thank Zaradi and BV for agreeing to be part of this team and to DDO and its community for all the things it has given me. I hope to earn your vote and, if elected, to do as much as I can as President for the site. Thank you!

ure welcum.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 8:53:47 AM
At 5/14/2015 8:50:19 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

But no, seriously, I won't be here for a few months and will consequently miss the election, but I would vote for you, as you seem to be the most convincing person thus far.

Unvote

Lol, thanks.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." ~ Muhammad Ali

That's a great quote.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 8:55:14 AM
At 5/14/2015 8:53:47 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/14/2015 8:50:19 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Unvote

Lol, thanks.

No need to thanks meh.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." ~ Muhammad Ali

That's a great quote.

It's my favorite quote by him.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 9:31:59 AM
Hey, Everyone!

I'm excited that you decided to run! I think you and Zaradi and BV would make great officials. I would still like to interview you and Zaradi a bit to get a bit of a backround to my vote, but good luck!
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 9:42:53 AM
You have my vote.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 9:55:26 AM
I'm incredibly honored that Bsh asked me to be his running partner this election. This site is an amazing place that has an amazing community, and I'd be honored to serve as VP.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 9:56:29 AM
At 5/14/2015 9:31:59 AM, Hayd wrote:

I'm excited that you decided to run! I think you and Zaradi and BV would make great officials. I would still like to interview you and Zaradi a bit to get a bit of a backround to my vote, but good luck!

I won't speak for Bsh since I'm not entirely sure what his schedule looks like right now, but you're free to send any questions you want to ask to me and I'll do my best to answer them.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:04:07 AM
Hey, Everyone!

Platform yet?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:04:16 AM
Also congrats.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:26:54 AM
You have my support wholeheartedly and thank you for a great debate on Scotland indepedence bsh
May your sails never have to be furled, and may the winds of God carry you home
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:31:54 AM
sorry but I can't stomach the idea of Zaradi in a position of power
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 10:57:51 AM
At 5/14/2015 10:31:54 AM, thett3 wrote:

Why??
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:01:07 AM
At 5/14/2015 10:04:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, Everyone!

Platform yet?

We'll be announcing our platform this weekend, I believe.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:05:08 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:01:07 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Hey, Everyone!

Platform yet?

Good to hear. I would say that I support y'all, but I ship before the elections occur.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:06:44 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:05:08 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, Everyone!

Platform yet?

Good to hear. I would say that I support y'all, but I ship before the elections occur.

I'm not too concerned about votes. Your opinion is what matters to me :)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:08:25 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:06:44 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/14/2015 11:05:08 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, Everyone!

Platform yet?

I'm not too concerned about votes. Your opinion is what matters to me :)

I guess I would just have to wait until Monday then. Though I can say I already disaprove of his "Purge of the Inactives on the Leaderboard" idea though.

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:39:53 AM
At 5/14/2015 9:55:26 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm incredibly honored that Bsh asked me to be his running partner this election. This site is an amazing place that has an amazing community, and I'd be honored to serve as VP.

if you guys win, would you be even more late in your fanfiction updates?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:41:12 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:39:53 AM, Cermank wrote:

if you guys win, would you be even more late in your fanfiction updates?

ROFL. C'mon... :(
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:51:51 AM

Don't you have Chipotle that needs eating?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:52:39 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:51:51 AM, Ajabi wrote:

Who say's I'm not eating it right now? ;)

But even Chipotle can wait. This is more important.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:53:50 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:52:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/14/2015 11:51:51 AM, Ajabi wrote:

Who say's I'm not eating it right now? ;)

But even Chipotle can wait. This is more important.

https://www.facebook.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 11:54:39 AM
At 5/14/2015 11:41:12 AM, Zaradi wrote:

I have a question (open to both of you): what role will suffering play in your campaign? Do you intend, for instance, to impose suffering upon the denizens of DDO in order to bring out greatness in us all?

Then another: do you believe in DDO exceptionalism? Do you believe that we have a moral obligation to intervene in foreign conflicts to overthrow dictators, such as those pesky twats on CreateDebate? Or should we practice a non-interventionist policy of, you know, drones (e.g., sending Khaos to play a mafia championship)?

Third: what's your position on marriage between the economics forum and philosophy forum? Can the two ever coexist, or should they coexist? Or should we impose sanctions on dictators, like Bossyburrito, who dare to run NAP in a debate on the progressive consumption tax?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:03:16 PM
Before I go and have fun responding to these, I want to make sure it's crystal clear that this announcement isn't a joke and something to be laughed off. Bsh, BV, and myself are very serious about our intentions to seek election and to better the site via the presidency. There's a time for fun and games, and then there's a time for serious discussion.

At 5/14/2015 11:54:39 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/14/2015 11:41:12 AM, Zaradi wrote:

I have a question (open to both of you): what role will suffering play in your campaign? Do you intend, for instance, to impose suffering upon the denizens of DDO in order to bring out greatness in us all?

I decided, in order to truly maximize my individual suffering, to play a devil's advocate position and put away the Nietzsche for once. I will be attempting to *reduce* suffering, so that everyone can be happy.

Then another: do you believe in DDO exceptionalism? Do you believe that we have a moral obligation to intervene in foreign conflicts to overthrow dictators, such as those pesky twats on CreateDebate? Or should we practice a non-interventionist policy of, you know, drones (e.g., sending Khaos to play a mafia championship)?

All foreign policy decisions will be made upon having consulted with our all-mighty overlord, the Magic 8-Ball.

Third: what's your position on marriage between the economics forum and philosophy forum? Can the two ever coexist, or should they coexist? Or should we impose sanctions on dictators, like Bossyburrito, who dare to run NAP in a debate on the progressive consumption tax?

The two can co-exist today in the lands of our dreams. It will take much work to shape society into a frame of mind where their co-existence is tolerable.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:04:17 PM
ok I guess I support you then
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:05:00 PM
At 5/14/2015 10:31:54 AM, thett3 wrote:
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:35:28 PM
At 5/14/2015 12:03:16 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Before I go and have fun responding to these, I want to make sure it's crystal clear that this announcement isn't a joke and something to be laughed off. Bsh, BV, and myself are very serious about our intentions to seek election and to better the site via the presidency. There's a time for fun and games, and then there's a time for serious discussion.

Does the serious discussion involve running for president on a debating website?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 12:45:03 PM
At 5/14/2015 12:35:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/14/2015 12:03:16 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Does the serious discussion involve running for president on a debating website?

It does.